MOVIE >scene33> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

The party ended.

Everyone had already left to the Academy, but Rihanna was crouched behind a bush, letting a caterpillar walk onto her hand.

"You're the biggest snake I've ever seen. Are you a Python or something?"

She had received a call from Vincent, who was sending her a ride soon. Before long, she had to pee and ended up doing so in this green bathroom stall. While in there, she found a snake.

And now, she conversed with it.

Not a few minutes later, she sat on the bench in front of the piano. She wondered if the equipment belonged to the household, and that's why Pat left it behind.

Somehow, beyond all the hysteria that was divulging her brain cells, looking at the piano now, she was still entrapped by the emotions that came with it. Looking at it made her heart pound like it was going to jump out of her chest, her palms to sweat from the thought of touching the keys, her feet to shake with anxiousness.

She knew well that her brain was a mess.

And something deep inside, something unsaid, hurt.

She took in a deep breath, put her fingers on the piano keys, and played.

Not even three seconds later, she covered her ears with her hands, shook, and then hugged her body in shock and fear.

The memories tried to break through. For a moment, she almost remembered.

Why am I doing this? Stop. You need to stop.

But her body moved on its own. It was unfazed, lost in its drugged state. She put her fingers on the keys, and again, three seconds later, she stopped what she played.

This time, a growl made of agony and irritation, made its way out of her.

Lexis watched. He stood at the side of the mansion, under the darkness of the wall, and watched as the strange girl sat there on the piano bench. She was tormented, that was clear.

He guessed that she still didn't know Summer's plans for her, so why would she be in such an unstable state?

Did she get hurt? From what? Playing a piano for a split moment?

He watched as she tried to play again, only to fail and be thrown in more agony. She stood up, breathing in and out with discomfort, stomped her foot, and ran her fingernails on her inner-arms. She laid her head on top of the piano and tried to control her breathing.

"You look like you're having a really hard time."

Pat walked over to Rihanna.

Rihanna jolted upwards, caught off guard by her presence. She thought everyone had already left.

"I wish I can hear more of it. It's too short, what you played."

Rihanna sat back on the bench, however, kept quiet.

"It seems like its psychological. Not physical, what's stopping you. Is there a past attached to your piano playing?"

Rihanna shook her head.

Pat smiled. "I kind of understand what Connor meant now." She sighed. "You know, beautiful music mostly comes from a place that really hurts inside of you. If it comes from a place like that, what you have is more than music, you have something that people can easily connect to. Feel with."

Rihanna's mouth suddenly felt dry. She couldn't utter a word.

"I think you've misunderstood the concept. You don't have to play the piano to feel happy. You can feel upset, angry. You don't have to express words, but notes. Notes that'll relieve you from your past the more you play them. You do know the more you do something, the faster it loses its significance."

"Its hard." Rihanna finally said. "Its hard. No, not hearing the music playing, but watching my fingers move on a piano. It triggers..."

"The awful memories?" Pat sighed. '"Show me."

Rihanna took a deep breath. Her fingers shook as she brought them above the piano keys. Then she began to play again. And again, she let go too fast, before the memory seeped in.

What's wrong with you?! Are you insane?! Stop! You need to stop this right now. Stop before you regret it.

"Try closing your eyes." Pat said.

"I can't."

"Try."

"I can't. I shouldn't be doing this."

Pat stood up, took off the bandana she usually wrapped around her wrist for good luck and tied it around Rihanna's eyes.

"Go ahead. Try."

Don't.

The next moment was vague, part hallucination, part surreal. In fact, when it was done, Rihanna had no idea that she had played a full song.

The first in three years.

The sound of it hit him like a spear piercing right across his chest, and out from his back. It was beautiful, but the most heart shattering melody he'd heard in the past three years. His chest tightened with the memories, his breathing stammered at the thoughts that dominated his mind. He slipped down the wall, and sat on the grass.

Stop.

He breathed in and out, the music invading his most personal feelings. Feelings he hadn't showed a single soul. He can feel his body crawling from under, he can almost foresee a scream as loud as thunder escape his lips. He can see his arms taking ahold of anything nearby and crushing it to pieces.

She wasn't playing the piano. She played his emotions. 

♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡