MOVIE >take172> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

The date went surprisingly well for Fayth's first. Since Charles was an old time friend, she found herself more comfortable than what her idea of a first date was. They ate dinner and took a long walk afterwards, with Charles holding her hand the whole time. 

Slowly, her heart began to understand what Charles meant. She'll love him back. Life will become simpler knowing who you belong to. She doesn't have to think about who'll love her unconditionally for the rest of her life. 

Charles filled that curiosity. She just has to live with it now. She only needs learn how to be okay with it.

The next day in the morning, Fayth stared inside her drawer. The four empty bottles a definite bad sign. 

Overdosing on her medication was the only way she coped with Anthony's death–with Jessie's truth. And being terrified of bouncing back, she'd overdose a pill more every day, in hopes of her feelings getting together far off enough so that when she goes back to her regular dosage, she wouldn't go mental again.

But there were side effects to this. For instance, the moment she stared into her drawer, she had no idea how she was suddenly walking the third floor hallways of the Academy only a minute after. When did she get there? How long has she been there? She couldn't remember.

"I told you it's not.

A voice demanded from behind a nearby door. The sign on it read Official Meetings Room.

"Then who's responsible? Why aren't you taking your spot as CEO in the company?"

The familiar voice pulled Fayth toward the door, and quietly she cracked it slightly open, peeking inside the wide room.

In the middle, where a huge oval shiny brown conference table was, she saw John. When she cracked the door a little more, she saw Lexis sitting across from him.

"There doesn't have to be a reason." Lexis said, he was overly calm. His expression like always, cold and empty.

Mr. Ellis slammed his hand against the table, so hard and sudden that Fayth jumped a little. "I'm your father. I tell you what to do."

"As my father, respect my decisions. As my father, stop pestering me about every detail in my life and actually look at it from my point of view for once."

Mr. Ellis gritted his teeth and sighed, entwining his fingers on top of the table, he leaned forward and stared at his son. "What is it that you want?"

"I want out of the company. Every time I walk in it, it makes me feel sick. All I see is misery there. Blood, tears, and out-of-control control. Why does it have to be like that?"

"It's business."

"And I don't want to be a part of this business."

"What's the real reason?"

"I told you–"

"What's her name?"

A fraction of a second amount of fear struck Lexis' eyes that he quickly hid. "What are you talking about?"

"I heard a rumor. Is it true that you have an intimate relationship with someone in the Academy?"

Lexis' jaw twitched. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Well, I do." His father said, leaning in even closer. "Do you honestly think you can support her? If you leave the company, how are you going to get funds? It won't be from me, I can promise you that. You'll be broke. All your assets will be put on hold. Your house, your cars, everything. Even Dawn."

"You can't do that."

"I doubt that you'd ever question what I'm capable of."

Fayth closed the door and walked backwards.

"Faith?"

Fayth turned around and looked down at Bubbles. She stood there with her two body guards staring at Fayth with wide disbelieving eyes. "Faith, is that you? Is it really, really you?" She exclaimed, this time louder, jumping on Fayth.

Fayth picked her up in her arms. "I missed you so much!" Fayth said, hugging her tightly. "I missed you so, so much Bubb–Dawn."

Lexis came out of the room, and when he looked up and saw Fayth, he froze, a worried expression faltering his gaze. He wondered exactly how much she had overheard. His eyes looked downwards, then to the side, listening for his father's footsteps behind him. 

With quick reflexes, he quickly walked over to them, took Dawn from Fayth's arms and turned around, pushing Fayth against the wall with his back. 

Hiding her from his father.

"What—" Fayth was confused. 

"Be quiet." He said firmly, even more confused himself for acting this way.

Why? Why did I just do that? 

Lexis looked up at his father as he walked out of the meeting room and turned to face them, a feeling of unsettling fear engulfing him for the first time. 

omg. you guys. watch a show for me. its the best hidden gem in all filmed creations right now. and the fact that it was made five years before covid is crazy to me. but like just get thru the beginning okay? 'chinese hello'  I'M LITERALLY SO DEAD. you'll get it when you watch it. i think i've rewatched it like like 8 times now. anyway, its called 'the last man on earth' on hulu.

I'm thinking maybe like we could do a watch party or something? idk, how do we do that even? any suggestions?