MOVIE >scene25> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Marcus answered the doorbell and opened his sky blue door for Lexis.

"Great, you're here."

Lexis walked into the the studio apartment and followed Marcus, where he rushed to his desk. He sat behind three computers and a few other electronics connected to a couple of hundred wires.

Lexis sat on the couch nearby and crossed his legs. "What did you find?"

"I'm just finishing up." Marcus said. The sound of a printer working came moments later and Marcus brought a paper over to Lexis.

"Take a look." Marcus said, handing the paper to Lexis. "This is the statement run down about three hundred times. Whoever did the job is a genius. If I didn't take your word for it, and if you haven't insisted on it being fake like you did, I would have given up on it and told you it was as authentic as anything."

"But?"

"But there was a glitch. It was somewhat baffling. Ever heard of the saying 'the hardest things to find are the ones in plain sight'?" Marcus snorted. "It goes for this job."

He pointed at the banks symbol. Which consisted of a thirty angled star with a circle around it, and the name of the bank in the middle. "Over here, the symbol could have been easily printed from any website onto the paper, that way it will be more authentic. However, whoever made the statement, purposely made the logo themselves."

"And?"

Marcus snorted. "And they made a glitch in it. Its the craziest thing I've ever seen."

Lexis looked up at Marcus. "I'm not following. Are you saying its fake or not."

"That's the thing man. It is fake. But why would someone run a paper about three hundred times, making it look as real as possible, and leave such an obvious word misspelling of the bank's name inside the logo?"

Lexis thought about it. He honestly didn't think he would need to contemplate this paper matter more than figuring out that it's fake and getting what he wanted from Summer.

Which, in fact, he desperately needed for an ulterior motive that he was working on, one that Summer had no clue about.

Now...

He stared at Marcus, his eyes squinting in suspicion. "Are you saying that it was done on purpose?"

Marcus shrugged. "Maybe the misspelling was an honest mistake. That's possible too."

Lexis smirked, his lazy smile in place. He crumpled the paper in his hands until it was the size of a golf ball. His mind was lost in confusion that he never felt before as he tried to figure out what just took place. In all his life, he had never experienced something that made him lose all sense of direction. Every wall of thought sunk down around him and he was suddenly thrown into pitch-black darkness.

And he didn't like it.

At all.

He stood to his feet and tossed the ball of paper on the table.

Huh. Anthony was right.

She is fun.

♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡