MOVIE >scene56> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis made his way to the Ellis wing, physically and emotionally exhausted, his mind beyond numb. The worst possible thing his father can do is force him to do something, by blackmail that actually works. That's the absolute worse.

He walked to the king size bed, where Anthony was sprawled against the mattress with the blanket kicked aside. He was a hyper kid even when he was asleep, an annoying yet endearing thing about him. At various times in the past, when they were both young, Lexis would wake up in the middle of the night and find Anthony sleeping on top of him. He'd eventually push him off, but Anthony would somehow be sprawled all over Lexis again.

Lexis was Anthony's mother, father, sister, brother. He was his everything. He knew that. Anthony had said it so many times that it made their mother jealous. And he wasn't sure if this was going to be a good thing for either of them in the end.

Lexis climbed into the bed, hugging his brother close and pulling the blanket over both of them. For a moment, all he could think about is his father's words. He was used to his emotionless, cold-blooded ways with Lexis. It's been happening for years now, and Lexis became conscious of the fact that his father will never be like other fathers. He knew that well.

He just wished it would change, not for anyone's sake, but for Anthony. He nags too much about the bad vibe between Lexis and his father. In fact, his mortal wish is to see the two get along, and for all of them to have fun together.

Lexis stared at Anthony's sleeping face, and for a whole hour, his heart could only squeeze in hurt.

What is love?

Love is this feeling. An emotion made of raw pain harmonized with everlasting hope.