MOVIE >scene144> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

You've read chapter 143, right? So you're not  just going to skip to my last update thinking you've read the ones from before, then be completely lost throughout the chapter and ask all kinds of obvious questions, right? >.> 

Okay, just making sure. 

Fayth's eyes flew open. She looked at Anthony, who was watching. Watching his brother for the first time be the person he hides from those who he cared about. Watched as Lexis so comfortably, without a second thought, decide that a person can–should be dead, singularly, independently, selfishly.

He was first startled by his big brother's emotionless vibe, his mouth slightly open at Lexis' decision, then, so transformational it was paralyzing, a slight smile appeared oh Anthony's lips.

And Fayth knew the damage was already done.

It could, however, be cut short.

"Don't!" She exclaimed.

Her voice was full of pain, her throat raw from the long two hours of torture.

"Don't!"

Come on Fayth, louder.

"DON'T! ANTHONY'S WATCHING!" The scream came out so powerfully awakening, that Lexis paused the knife right against Kurt's neck.

He slowly began to become aware of his surroundings. He looked back, and saw his brother and Fayth.

Alive.

Breathing.

Well.

"Anthony's watching." She said again, her eyes warning him.

He nodded once. The sound of the ambulance was audible. He grabbed the cut rope near her stool and tied Kurt to the table, then walked over and picked up his brother in his arms.

You're too quiet Lexis, at least speak to your brother. He needs your comfort right now.

He walked out of the warehouse and gave the paramedics Anthony. After he was laying on the stretcher, they quickly began hooking him to machines and checking his vitals.

"Lexis." Anthony said, looking over at his brother.

Lexis was about to turn around and get Fayth, but paused and looked over at Anthony.

"She's really hurt. Is she going to be okay?"

And like a switch, Lexis showcased a smile for Anthony to see. "Don't worry. She'll be fine."

Like sun rays after a cold, hard storm, Anthony relaxed when he saw his brother's smile, and he smiled back.

Another ambulance made its way on the grass, and Lexis went back into the warehouse. Fayth had fell on the floor, no longer able to hold her own weight up. Taking off his jacket, Lexis wrapped her with it and picked her up.

After both Fayth and Anthony were being treated, the paramedics ushered for Lexis that they were going to head out to the hospital. He nodded and sent another text message out.

"Hey!"

He looked over at Fayth before the back door of the ambulance was shut.

"Why are you staying back?" She asked.

He stared at her, his calm state continued.

She knew. Deep inside she knew exactly why he was going to stay back, but a part of her wanted to save him from his compulsion.

Because to stop him would mean that she also can be stopped.

"You saw him." Lexis finally said, looking over at Anthony's ambulance. He looked back at her. "What would you have done?"

Two days later, Fayth was in a hotel room. Her wounds were all taken care of, and a nurse would stop by twice a day to check on her and change the dressings when needed.

She was happy that Lexis came to this conclusion. Vincent would have a heart attack had he seen one arm, let alone come across the sight of her neck.

That night, Jessie had been waiting in the emergency room for her. Lexis had informed him that Fayth would be there. Once he saw her, it took all of his will power to not hyperventilate and make a scene.

When she was finally discharged, Jessie brought her straight to the hotel, where she found a suitcase with her clothing already there for her. And from that moment on, Jessie would not leave her side whatsoever. In fact, the only time they would be separated is when he or she would use the bathroom.

That night, they both lay on the king sized bed, with her head against Jessie's chest. They watched TV, mainly kids cartoon with the least amount of words that may trigger a negative response from her.

Sometimes, she'd be sitting down on the recliner, then she would stand up and at the same time Lexis would enter the room, she'd quickly crouch and scream, fear eating her insides.

Another was when they were watching a TV show, and Jessie wasn't aware of how sensitive the content was until he looked over and saw her covering her neck with her hands, her eyes wide open with fear.

It was at these moments that Jessie would get full on anger.

Now, he pulled her close to him, kissing her head every now and then and laughing at the cheesy cartoon jokes. She would laugh too, finding comfort and security in his presence.

Her nightmares at night had gotten ten times worse than before, and it took Jessie waking her up before she would relax. He accepted that this was going to happen for awhile before they mellowed down, but his main fear was for him to not be awake when she's having those nightmares, when she's holding her neck and squeezing it, choking, without realizing what she was doing.

Thankfully, on the fourth day, things had gotten a lot better. It was as if she was used to correlating herself around trauma. She got up, took a shower, went downstairs by herself and brought her and Jessie breakfast.

When Jessie woke up, she was sitting on the floor in front of the TV watching a PG 13 movie and laughing along with some of the situation-sensitive content.

"You brought this?" He asked her, pointing at the breakfast tray in front of her.

"Yep!" She said proudly.

He sat next to her and grabbed a muffin. Not wanting to poke anymore at the subject, he laid his back against the bed post and laughed along with her.

That Thursday, she decided she wanted to attend classes like normal. She assured Jessie over and over that she was okay now and that his presence will be more than enough to help her though it.

After discussing it with Lexis, he agreed and in the morning, they made their way back to Dawn Academy.

Like promised, Fayth participated and went through her classes like usual. The only change was seen by everyone else's eyes. Even though they couldn't see the scars on her body, either because of the high turtle neck shirt she wore or the full length clothing that covered most of her skin, they could definitely see the sudden powerful bond between her and Jessie.

In class, he held her hands most of the time.

In the halls, when they were standing together with the others, joking and talking about a certain hot topic that was going around, they had their arms wrapped around one another, so lovingly it was breathtaking.

When they were sitting on their lunch table eating, he would be rubbing her back, running his fingers through her hair, and she would lay her head on his shoulder, an immediate show of comfort filling her face.

For the others overlooking the relationship, it stopped there.

But for Jessie and Rihanna, not a night passed where Jessie wasn't sleeping next to her. He would often bring a book of solid laugh out loud comedy and would read to her until she fell asleep with a smile on her face, holding onto him like a scared child to a caring mother.

They became inseparable.