MOVIE >scene160> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

If they asked me to define love, I would tell them its you. Thank you for being there even when I'm not. <3

Jessie was acting weird lately, and Fayth didn't understand what was going on. Tonight, she climbed into her bed fully aware that Jessie was only acting as if he was sleeping. She had memorized the exact rhythm of his steady breathing and was used it to now. Tonight, on the other hand, it was only forced to sound steady.

Fayth didn't understand why he was acting as if he was sleeping. Soon enough, she was drifting to sleep herself. She could have been completely numb and have not sensed Jessie's sudden movements, but nearly seconds away from that stage, something brought her back to reality.

His bed slowly creaking had her fully awake again. Though she craved to go back and let the sleep wrapping and folding her conscious take her away, she still couldn't deny the oddness of what Jessie was doing. She watched him in the darkness, keeping a steady breathing that was more believable than his audible one, and was surprised to see him leave out of the door, closing it soundlessly behind him.

She straightened up, slowly in case he came back in, and made her way to the door. Carefully, she opened it a crack first, and looked out to see if he was anywhere around.

He was all the way down the hall, and was now turning to the next one, where the stairway was.

In her sleepwear, Fayth left her dorm and cautiously trailed him from a safe distance. He seemed to be heading towards the cafeteria, which was closed by now.

Questions were waking Fayth's thoughts back into being fully conscious. She was sure that this was the first time something like this happened. Jessie was bound by the rules, and he knew doing something like this in the middle of the night was breaking many of them. So what could have happened recently that made him this way? What was the change? Why was he walking around terribly afraid someone was going to catch him? Is he heading to his destination knowing fully well...that it was wrong?

They were slowly making their way toward the 'C' wing, and then afterwards to door 'C', where it was permissible for students to exit and enter freely. They were the doors Fayth would usually use to meet with Bubbles. Even though she herself had done it a few times during hours that were prohibited, it was still strange seeing Jessie doing it.

She thought of the drug supplying rumors that have been going around for days, and how to the school was on its tiptoes trying to figure out who was the student responsible. Was Jessie trying to solve the case on his own? Did he finally figure out who it was? Or where the meetings were held?

He made his way out into the dark night. She walked up to the door and knew this was her limit. She really couldn't leave not knowing where exactly he was going. It was too big of a risk for her to take. So instead she watched him from the glass part of the door as he descended the stairs and walked across the lawn towards...

She squinted her eyes...wondering if she was seeing right. There was a person, standing there by the wall. A small light hanging nearby barely showed that person's silhouette. Fayth watched as Jessie walked up to whoever it was and they started talking.

Talking...they were greeting each other, Fayth guessed.

She turned around to leave back to her dorm. Why would he be with...

Then–

She turned back around.

Oh my god.

Oh god, no. No, this isn't real.

Her heart pounded with sudden desperation. She closed her eyes shut.

I'm only seeing things.