MOVIE >scene140> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Since it was the weekend, the doors were open for anyone who wanted to leave. They made their way across the grass towards the SUV that waited for Kurt.

"Why am I the only person you talk to?"

He shrugged.

"It's weird Kurt, you and I know that."

He sighed. "When you first enrolled, on that very first day, do you remember seeing me by chance?"

She shook her head. "No, I don't."

"On the patio tennis court? Where you met Connor."

She tried to remember seeing him, but she couldn't recall any memory of Kurt being there.

"Well I was, about twenty feet away from the door." Kurt had been sitting there, head laid back against the wall and his eyes closed, enjoying the sun. "I was sitting there before Connor came out, and then minutes later... you."

"Oh."

"I'll never forget that day. Every word you said. Your actions. The way you responded to the angry Connor. The way you went around him and saved that kid. Your manipulation was so smooth. I smiled for the first time since I could remember. When you left, I followed you. It was just out of curiosity. Nothing more. I probably would have walked behind you until you reached the office and then had enough and left, but you did something even more mental. Do you remember?"

He looked over at her, his playful smile making his eyes crinkle.

"Landon said something to you, and in a second, your fake persona wore off and you had him in a killer position against the wall." He shook his head, amused. "I'll never forget it."

Fayth's eyes opened wide, not expecting anyone to have given her much attention that first day. Now when she heard Kurt say that, she realized how impulsive her actions were at the beginning. It had taken her awhile to get a complete grasp of her new self.

He smiled and put his hand on his chest.

"My heart fluttered. I wanted to know more about you. I followed you here and there. Tried to see you more often. I noticed a lot of things about you. Like how you hated Lexis, loved Jessie, played Summer like you played the piano, and how sometimes you'd disappear without a trace. I noticed the smallest things too, your dislike for broccoli, the mole on your neck, the scar on your collar bone, and your real hair color that tries to make its way into the roots of your head."

Fayth grinned. "Level A stalker. Wow."

He shrugged. "Proud of it too."

About thirty feet away from them, Anthony was making his way to the Academy doors. He looked over at the familiar voice and stopped walking when he saw Fayth make her way with Kurt.

A confused expression crossed his face. What's going on?

Anthony was going to quickly stop by the piano room and see her before he left to his doctor's appointment, little did he know that she made plans with Kurt. In fact, she tells Anthony everything, and she had definitely not mentioned any upcoming plans with Kurt. Were these plans out of the blue?

Anthony looked down his shaking hands. He remembered what he overheard his brother say to Kurt.

What Kurt said to his brother.

He looked up again at the smiling Fayth, wondering what she saw in Kurt. Lexis was so much better. So much nicer. Kinder. Thoughtful.

Kurt was a mute that had a remote control no one knew about.

They reached the SUV and Kurt stopped by the driver's side. He folded his arms against the car and rested his chin on them, staring at Fayth, he smiled and said. "Its going to be a fun night."

"You used the word fun. Its exactly what I wanted to hear." She shrugged. "From someone else, but it's still pleasant either way."

"Well, if this was a date, I'd say I'm already killing it." He got into the driver's side.

Fayth chuckled and slipped into her side of the car.

Hurt by Johnny Cash played full blast in the SUV as Kurt drove serenely across the long empty streets. It's been forty minutes since they left the Academy. He hummed to the song and looked over at Fayth, who slept peacefully in her seat. The setting sun casted its orange rays over her body, and she looked like a fallen angel who had finally found her grave.

He smiled and looked away, pleased with her being there.

Finally.

As the tall trees began to slowly appear on either side of the road they were on, Kurt calculated about five more minutes before they'd reach their destination.

The trees became thicker.

The sun fell lower, its color turning into more of a red color.

The clock read 5:48.

Kurt breathed in, a long breath that erased all the thoughts he had.

He slowed down his driving when he saw the familiar building, and parked on the grass before it. He turned off the engine, but didn't leave the car. Instead, he looked over at Fayth again.

Gazed at her immobile face.

Her relaxed expression.

How happy were you? How did you live your life?

He took ahold of her hand and laced his fingers through hers.

Finally.

He looked out of his windshield at the setting sun. Closing his own eyes, he gritted his teeth and erased more of his thoughts.

I'm such a lucky person. Who would have known...

He opened his eyes and reached over to the glove box in front of Fayth, then brought out the bottle of whiskey.

With them both in the car, with Fayth still in her serene state, Kurt began to drink.

Drink the thoughts.

The warmth.

The reality of what could happen that night.

He drank until sanity wasn't measured by his actions, but by the 40% alcohol.

Finally.

He was so excited. More excited than he'd ever been. He had waited for this moment forever. His entire life had been calculated to the detail, every thought, emotion, idea, drive, it was all tied up to this moment.

Half of the bottle was gone before he opened his door and met the cold air. He breathed it in, shut the car door behind him and leaned against the cold metal. He looked around, at the empty quiet surroundings.

He looked at the building.

He closed his eyes and smirked.

I can't believe I actually made it come true.

He went around the car and opened the passenger door, and pulled Fayth out. He put her arm around his shoulder, and resumed to cradle her like a baby, then began to make his way away from the car.

Across the grass.

To the...