MOVIE >scene111> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis walked into the Ellis wing. Anthony, yet again, had to stay at the hospital overnight. Lexis made his way into the guest suite and placed Vivian on a recliner near the bed. When he was sure that she was sitting steady, and wasn't falling over, he sat across from her on the second recliner.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, a commercial smile spread across his face.

She only answered in a fit of giggles.

"Do you need water? Maybe a blanket?"

"No." She stretched out with a wide smile.

"How about a friend? Do you want me to call a friend over?"

Her eyes lit. "Yeah, call F–" She quickly held her tongue. "My father. Call him and tell him I busted someone's nuts on the street." Another fit of giggles. "He said he knew I'm Crane's daughter."

"Do you want me to use your phone? I don't have your father's number." Lexis lied. He knew he could get the president on the phone if he wanted to, but right now wasn't the case.

Vivian took out her phone and looked at it. "You want this?"

Lexis' eyes squinted at Vivian. Something wasn't right. "If you'd like me to call him."

I just need one phone number. And it seems like you and Rihanna are close enough for you to have it.

She slipped the phone back in her pocket and began to giggle again. "Never mind."

She stood up but fell back in her seat. She put out four fingers. "I want two tequilas right now, and my best friend. I want my best friend right now."

Lexis leaned forward. "Who's your best friend?"

She giggled, then with a wobbly head, she pointed at Lexis and slurred, "You know her."

"Do I? I assume I do, but I don't believe I'd ever come to know how you and her have met."

Another fit of giggles. "No."

"No?" Lexis asked.

She shook her head and looked at him from under her eyelashes. "No."

"Why? Did she tell you not to tell me?"

Vivian nodded.

"You can tell me. You can tell me anything. I'll never tattletale."

Another fit of giggles. "Get me a turtle first."

"Why?"

"So I can ride my horse on it."

Silence.

Another fit of giggles.

Lexis laid back in the recliner, trying to find a method to make the stubborn girl talk. "What do you like?"

"Boys."

"Really?" It took him a few seconds to think of a strategy. "Do you want a boy... that's similar to your father?"

She shook her head violently. "No! Never." A cloud of sadness hovered over her expression, and for a moment, Lexis wondered why. Additionally, for the first time in his life, he felt a connection with someone.

"Why?"

Vivian shrugged.

He leaned in again. "Usually women would want a... spouse that's exactly like their father if he was the ideal man, and precisely the opposite if he wasn't. In Fact they begin to wish that whoever 'the one' may be, it won't be anything like the man that raised them. Is that a wish you'd thought of?"