MOVIE >scene53> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

"Lexis is your brother?" Rihanna exclaimed.

Anthony jumped back and watched Rihanna's expression with so many questions running through his head.

Why was she angry?

Why does she hate Lexis?

How does she even know him?

Is it possible that his brother knew Rihanna too?

"Yeah. He's my older brother."

"And you didn't think to tell me this until now?"

"I didn't know it mattered that much to you."

Rihanna was caught in bafflement. She stood in denial. "It doesn't matter to me. I just don't want to be around you if you have a brother like that."

"What do you mean 'a brother like that'?" Anthony said hurt and somewhat offended. Rihanna seemed to underestimate exactly how much love he had for his brother.

"Never mind. You better not have talked to him about me." She threatened questionably.

Anthony shook his head. "I never did. I knew your name only today."

Relief flooded Rihanna's chest. "Good. Now, I want you to do something for me."

"What?"

"I need laundry detergent. And a big bucket." Rihanna eyed her uniform.

"I'll get right on it." He turned and ran to the door. Right before exiting, he turned around and said. "How about food?"

At the mention of food, her stomach grumbled. She hadn't realized she had eaten little to nothing that day.

She looked up at Anthony and nodded. "Something heavy. Really heavy."

He flashed her a white smile and dashed out of the door, yelling behind him, "Dinner date baby! Yeah!"

Rihanna shook her head and walked to her uniform. The yellow blotches on it were not merciful. She can already see how tough it'll be to remove them just looking at their crispy texture.

If Anthony was Ellis' son though, she can somehow manage around getting one. He's rich–buying a uniform like this would equal to spending a dime for a person like Rihanna.

But then, if everyone had asked around and found out that it was Anthony who bought it for her, the news will travel, Lexis will find out about their relationship, and if Anthony told him the things he found out about her, it'll be a hassle for her. If anything, she doesn't want anyone to know any more about her than her name...

***

After eating the delicious food Anthony had brought, Rihanna dumped her uniform in the warm water, added detergent to the bucket and began cleaning it.

Anthony watched as water splattered all over her and him. He poked the bubbles that flew out every now and then, then, after some time, put his hands inside the bucket and helped Rihanna with her uniform.

It was his first time doing such a poverty-stricken task: cleaning a uniform he can so easily replace with many. However, Rihanna stubbornly refused his offer and though he didn't know why she declined it, he worshipped everything she did.

All her decisions and words only made her that much more amazing to him.

On accident, he squeezed the cloth too fast and soapy water jumped on Rihanna's face. They paused to look at each other, her expression caught in disbelief.