MOVIE >scene24> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis made his way down the hall, and froze in mid-step in front of the kitchen's opened door.

He looked at the girl standing by the sink. Staring at the floor. It was his second time seeing her since she entered the Academy. Yet, he heard of her and her mysterious character more times than he needed at the time being, especially with him having to deal with his father's obscurities.

It'll all end tonight. The bank statement will be proven fake and she'll be a case that's forgotten.

Rihanna, was it? Rihanna Gessner. He watched as she curled her fingers into fists. How her eyes held sadness. How she looked down with such void in her personality. Void of everything that said happiness. Void of all emotions.

A single tear slipped out of her left eye and another followed from her right. Lexis watched as they slid down and fell to the ground. She opened her palm in front of her, and they began to slowly fall in there instead.

She took off a silver thick ring from her fourth finger and continued staring at her palm without it. For a split second he wondered what she was staring at. Her body, the way it was, her face, the way it spoke without the need for words, he knew well that there was something unpleasant present in there. A memory that her palm reminded her of, and for another split second, he wondered what that was.

She slipped her ring back on and walked over to the table in the middle of the kitchen. She slid inside one of the thirty chairs and crossed her arms on top of the table. Grabbing a tissue from the tissue box, she slowly dabbed at her tears, drying them completely. Then clearing her throat, she fixed her expression so that it was happy again.

For a moment, he couldn't see what was happening next, but her hand left her pocket to her mouth, and she kicked her head back and swallowed something.

What followed was strange. She put her head on the table, and her body began rising and falling as she fell asleep.

What the hell...

Lexis walked over to the table. His hand grabbed the first chair closest to the door, but something pulled him closer. And so he kept walking, hand resting on the next chair, but his body pushing him closer to where Rihanna sat. When his hand landed on the chair across from her, he stared at her face, which lay there with eyebrows that were pulled together as if she was having a bad dream.

He pulled out a chair.

Sat down.

Closed his eyes for a moment and wondered why.

Curiosity.

He never liked being curious. He had to know. Its how his mind worked, how he was brought up. He had to be aware of what's there, and what's not. He learned the hard way that when he didn't know, it's usually when hinders formed.

He opened his eyes.

Leaned forward and grabbed her hand...

A few minutes later, he walked to the door and exited.

"Lexis."

He looked behind him.

"What were you doing in there? You have your own kitchen and chef in the Ellis wing." Summer said. She walked closer to the opened door, and for some undefined urge, Lexis didn't want her to see Rihanna.

He walked over to her instead, making her stop in her tracks and not get any closer to the door.

"What is it?" He said, a smile back on his face. "You've decided on our date?"

"No." She said. "There is a fiery pit in my stomach that burns with hate every time it sees you. I can't imagine why I'd try a date with someone who makes me have goosebumps all over." She shivered.

He shrugged. "Fair enough. A deal is a deal though, isn't it?"

"Tell me why."

"Why what?"

"Why do you suddenly want to go on a date with me?"

He pushed her against the wall and she gasped. In her ear, he said. "You've really fallen for me, haven't you?"

She pushed Lexis away and huffed in disbelief. "Never." She straightened her clothes and looked around. "I'll keep my end of the deal. But be aware, I'll be bringing my boyfriend with me."

Lexis chuckled. "I have a feeling your fondness for me will come in the way."

"I can't wait till I prove you wrong in this too."

Summer was infuriated with herself. Looking back, she realized she shouldn't have tried to look for him. She couldn't believe she considered telling Lexis, that in fact, she did have feelings for him.

What's worse? The hate was there. She hated him, and for some reason, butterflies were in her stomach as she stared at his face. She loved him too.

Its been eight years, why now? Is that how love worked? Does it build up in different emotions, good and bad, only to end up being a controlling bitch of a feeling at the end?

Lexis smirked and turned to walk the other way he originally was heading to. Summer began to follow him, but her eyes caught Rihanna as she wiped her eyes and exited the kitchen, walking the other way while stretching her arms.

Summer can feel her confused expression twisting on her face.

Shaking her head at the sudden distaste of having to talk to her, she quickly turned away and followed Lexis. 

♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡