MOVIE >scene143> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Fayth was shivering with exhaustion. It's been about 20 minutes, and she could no longer balance the stool so that her neck isn't pressing against the wire. She had tensed her muscles for too long, to the point where she could no longer hold out.

Her breathing came out shallow and slow. Her mind reaching out to Anthony, who lay without moving. She couldn't even focus long enough to see if his chest was rising and falling. Her eyelids wouldn't stay open, instead they were begging her to fall into deep sleep.

She heard grumbling. Her heart began beating with hope and excitement. He's awake. He woke up. She began to slowly open her eyes, but they jolted open as she watched Kurt stand to his feet. He lost his balance, and fell back down. Swearing, he held onto the wall and stood back up.

Then with very uneven steps, he made his way over to Fayth.

"The kid's a fighter. He's dead, in case you were wondering. He's not breathing anymore."

"Nmmm." Fayth mumbled. No. No. No. No. No.

Kurt fell to his knees and began pulling another wooden board from under her stool. "Your neck looks like a murder scene already. I can tell we're in for a good ride."

The song Kurt was listening to played in his head, and as he pulled the board, all he could think about was the tone. Nothing here really mattered. Nothing made sense other than the fact that it was fun, entertaining, good. The actuality of what he was doing, on the other hand, was muted, not even that. It was like white noise. An endless thought of white noise that made him feel something else: energy unexplained.

His drunken state had become much worse, and the board seemed to not move with him like he wanted it too.

"I just want you to know something..." He looked up at Fayth. "I was destined to murder you. I thought about it too much, planned for it too long, to just waste all of that without doing anything about it. It'd be stupid. Useless."

Fayth couldn't pay attention to him anymore. She was too much in her own misery to care. Her mind was numb at this point. Too hurt to function.

"In case you were wondering about the rich, powerful monsters that were there. In the past three years, I've used some of my dad's savings and hired professional hitmen. Five of those monsters are gone, one of them, the mastermind behind dad's death, was able to hide. I tried getting him three years ago but he fled. The other two, I found out they had kids my age. Charles and Lexis. I decided to make videos of me splitting their kids' bodies in halves first, make them watch those videos before doing the same thing to them. Your father, I could never figure out who it was. I tried getting you to tell me, but you never answered."

Three years ago... fled... mastermind...

Fayth's brain was a little more awake now.

It was him. It was my father. The time he had brought me to my uncle, and what happened six months after that, it was all my father. It was all... Kurt.

Outside the warehouse, Lexis could see the light coming from the door. He parked his car inches away from it, and left the car. Music was blaring out of the SUV parked nearby. He hurried to the doorway and walked in.

His eyes were immediately stricken by the sight of Fayth's tortured body.

Others may feel something, a big emotion of pain and anger, shock and disbelief... But Lexis? It was more of an empty feeling that overcame him.

A shortage of humanity, or whatever comes with it.

Kurt, who was still disorderly attempting to remove the board under the stool, didn't realize they he had another person in the room. He simply resumed what he was doing and humming a tone while doing so.