MOVIE >scene136> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis climbed in from the window and sat next to Jessie. He wondered what was so important that he wanted him to break the rules and come into his dorm. The last he expected it to be was something on a laptop.

"What is it?" He asked, leaning in closer. He looked at the picture Jessie was immersed in. "Who is that?"

"This is Rihanna's laptop. I was trying to get the nominated photos on here so I can get them ready for this year's DWBP contest, and I found these."

Jessie went through the pictures again, one by one. When the last one came in view he looked at Lexis who sat there completely stunned.

"Impossible. This is..."

Jessie nodded. "I don't know who the man with her is, but they seem to be really close."

The thirty-five year old or so man, on the other hand, was familiar to Lexis. Only he couldn't place a memory to him.

"I don't get it." Jessie huffed. "There is not one picture of her family on here. Not only that but her... She's–"

"Beautiful?" Lexis helped. A slight smile appeared on his lips. It was her.

Jessie nodded. "But why? Why would she change her hair color, wear makeup the way she does, lie about it, try to look less appealing and say she comes from a low income family when everything in those pictures screams designer money? Why would she carry... a different identity?"

The curiosity was overwhelming Lexis a million times more than it could for Jessie. He was suddenly realizing exactly how mysterious that girl was. The things she shared with Dawn were helpful words only a person of the same standards and position could easily give advice about.

"She seems familiar." They both said at the same time.

They glanced at each other.

Lexis stood up and crossed his arms, staring out of the window as he tried to remember. "I have a feeling I've seen her. Sometime before she enrolled into the Academy. I just can't remember where or how."

He noticed something that he didn't share out loud about the pictures. They seemed to have been all taken of her unwillingly, but her expression in all of them were exactly the same as the expression she held after the marathon race ended. The lethal expression that had him wonder for days what specifically happened that took her that deeply under.

Is this why she had started taking those pills? Had she worn that deadly expression endlessly before? On a daily basis? Why? What's her story? Exactly who is she?

"I've seen her before too. Before she enrolled into the Academy. And it's in the back of my mind somewhere. I just can't recall the place..." Jessie tried to dig his mind for the memory, but failed.

They looked at each other, their minds in a whirlwind.

"When you think you know someone..." Jessie commented.

Lexis frowned. "I knew there was something about her the moment I saw her." Lexis looked down at the photo that was opened on the laptop. "Everything is going to change. Send me one of the pictures so I can attempt to recall her memory on my own."

Jessie nodded. He too was curious. All along he thought if there was a person who knew Rihanna, it was him. "I can't believe I've been kept in the dark this whole time, when I thought I knew her best."

Lexis snickered. "No Jessie, you've been in the light. What you weren't aware of is exactly that 'dark'. She's hiding something that's greater than what your mentality could ever handle. And she's hiding it damn well." He was suddenly uncomfortable. "If I were to be honest, I don't think we've done as much as scratched the surface of it, even with these pictures in front of us." He quietly added.