MOVIE >scene151> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Lexis sat on the sofa, his legs extended on top of the ottoman. In his hand, he had a drink. It was one of the countless ones he had in the past month. He'd fall asleep, and yet wake up to realize that Anthony was no longer there. It was in that single moment many things in the beach house broke. Anger would engulf him, so much anger that he'd yearn to kill a person. Then comes the denial stage, and last, drinking.

His phone rang. He looked at the caller ID.

Jessie.

He muted the ringing and put the phone aside. A few minutes later, his phone began to ring again. This time, it was Dawn.

"Daddy?"

"Hey Dawn, how are you?"

Her voice was hyper. She was happy. "Me and Fayth won, daddy!"

"Won what?"

"The Parent and Child race games. We won. I have a trophy, a ball that multicolored..."

Lexis smiled as Dawn continued naming the prizes she had won. Fayth, who had been taking care of Dawn in his place while he was away, had been one of the reasons why he answered Dawn's phone calls. He was able to hear about her from Dawn. And sometimes, if he was lucky, he'd get to hear her voice nearby the phone.

His heart would be at ease. The rays of hope would lay upon him. His thoughts would lose track of the day, the night, the reality of things, and he'd only remember her, of the person who shared the agony as he did, and understood him at a time like this, when no one else can.

During his month of staying at the beach house, he taught himself to not be curious of her anymore. To not wonder or ask questions. To not care or find interest in the person she was–or used to be. Rihanna Gessner was no longer someone he can be any more involved with.

Now...he can only wonder and be curious about how a life with the Armstrong family would be like...and how to make it absolute hell for whoever she was.

He stood up and made his way to the bedroom. After closing the door of the balcony there, shutting away the violent sounds of the waves, he walked to the bed and took off his shirt, then slid into the cold unmade sheets.

Vivian came out of the shower, wearing a white bathrobe, while drying her hair with a towel.

"Were you just on the phone?" She asked Lexis, though his eyes were closed.

He didn't answer. She ignored the question herself and resumed to change into sleep wear. When Lexis asked her a month ago to get away with him, nothing sounded more desirable, and now, nothing was finer than watching his sleeping face every night.

"Hey, do you have an aunt and a cousin that live here?" She asked while changing in the walk-in closet. "A girl came by today and asked me if you were here, and if your aunt's family can come over and see you."

"What did you tell her?"? Lexis asked, his eyes still closed.

Vivian made her way to the bed. "To get lost. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to a Hello Kitty covered rock chick."

Lexis lifted the bedding up for Vivian, and she slid under and close to his body. "Does your cousin look like you?" She asked.

"No."

"Too bad."

Lexis opened his eyes and looked at her. He couldn't not sleep at night. He had enough vile thoughts during the day time to kill humanity whole, and sleep to him was a blessing that made him forget reality. He needed sleep. Vivian was the only one who could help him with that.

Right now, she looked at him with a sweet smile. Her gray eyes soft with endearment. He can read what was going on in her head easily, and it was something he was downhearted for. "Don't fall in love with me." He said. "I'm not good for you."

He closed his eyes back again.

Vivian gritted here teeth and clenched the pillow with her hands. I don't fucking care. You're mine.