MOVIE >scene103> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Looking up at Fayth, Bubbles expression instantly changed into pure happiness. It seemed like she had thought of yet another idea. "Faith, you can meet my grandparents." She suggested with overflowing excitement. "They're going to love you!"

She took Fayth by the hand and pulled her to where the grand salon was.

It was then that Fayth heard a familiar voice. A very familiar voice. She stopped walking and listened closer to the man. He was most likely in his fifties, and it seemed like he was getting ready to leave somewhere.

"It's really weird that they came back from overseas today. Walk faster! I'll let you meet them." Bubbles said, tugging on Fayth's hand.

Who is it? I've heard this voice before...

Fayth rummaged her brain, but she had a long day already and all her thoughts were foggy.

Even though, Fayth couldn't risk standing in front of whoever it was. They might recognize her. So she pulled her hand out of Bubble's and apologized. "Bubbles, it's getting really late and I have to go. I can come over next time and meet them."

Bubbles pouted and her shoulders slouched. Fayth leaned down and hugged her close. "I'll come back soon. Don't worry."

Bubbles forced a smile on her lips and nodded sadly. "I had a lot of fun today." She said quietly. "No one had ever done the things you've done with me. Even daddy. And he does a lot of fun things for me."

No matter how many times Bubbles tried getting her dad in a princess dress so he'd have a princess tea party with her, he had never agreed to it.

Fayth smiled and sighed. "I had a lot of fun too. You know, we have a lot of days ahead of us, so until then, don't get sad. And if you do get sad, right away start thinking of a cake we can make together next time. What icing to put on it, what sprinkles to put on it, what to decorate it with. And draw it on a paper so you don't forget, okay?"

Her eyes lit up and she smiled a genuine smile this time. "Okay!"

The voices of the man and woman from somewhere inside had gotten closer and closer. Fayth hugged Bubbles one last time and made her way to the exit. Bubbles ran to the doorway where her grandparents were and excitedly shouted for her grandma. "You're here! I thought you weren't coming back until next week!"

Her grandmother, with her back to Fayth, was reading something on a paper and barely dropped a glance towards Bubbles before she said. "Yes honey, I missed you."

Fayth stood by the doorway and watched Bubbles as she hugged her grandma's leg.

"Oh grandma, I missed you too. You should have seen how much fun I had today. I met this sweetheart girl and she came over and we played together so many games. We wore princesses dresses. We had a tea party, she taught me hide and seek, and we made the tastiest cupcakes in the world. And then we gave everyone and everyone liked them so much. And guess what? She fixed the tree house all up and we painted it together. We even made handprints on the wall! It was the best day ever! I wish daddy was here so I can show him too!" She looked up at her grandmother's face. "Grandma?"

"What about the stock market in Japan? Is that going well?" Her grandmother said to the other man in the room. Glancing down at Bubbles, she asked. "I'm sorry honey, were you saying something?"

Bubbles took a few steps away, letting go of her grandma's leg, and shook her head while she stared down at the floor. "No. I didn't say anything." For the next few minutes, she merely stood at the doorway and watched as her grandparents show her how money is much more important than her.