MOVIE >scene119> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Do NOT even hint a 10th degree hint in this chapter. I know exactly where you might do it, so don't. Just act as if you're reading this for the first time and YOU KNOW NOTHING rereader.

When Fayth returned to the Academy after her trip to the hospital, she felt the change that took over her. She had lost her new self in the midst of a one sided silent love. Yet...again.

She didn't know how hard it was to maintain a mentality that's dominant over one that was weak and superficial.

She screwed up.

She died a little more.

She was lost and wrong and hurt and mute and empty.

She felt the suffering of her not knowing who she was anymore. An identity crisis that was doing more damage to her internally now than anything else she was dealing with.

Was she Fayth Armstrong? Or was she a blind, reckless person who was standing in front of a train on top of what her feet felt like was warm water, and not tracks. Her senses were deluding her into thinking what she was doing was right, but what she was doing right now, it was the exact thing that was going to destroy her. Beat her. Soak her in poison that was made of her own time spent carefree and alive...in her own definition of life.

What she saw in front of her were members of the F.A.I.T.H. program, throwing her a welcome back party. She saw smiles and felt hugs and heard uplifting words. She was walking in between good people who felt like warm sunshine. Externally, it was everything she ever wanted in her life. Internally, it was dark, fearful, and mentally exhausting.

She would randomly be stuck in a moment of thought: what would have happened if she hadn't grabbed Lexis' leg that day? What kind of mess would she have been in now?

And why, even though it had the perfect outcome, had she chosen him? She had tried to stay as far as she could from Lexis since the very first day, and now to let him see her exposed, vulnerable to her habits, eaten by insanity, it was by far the worst yet healthiest mistake she'd ever made.

He was her only option. The aftermath of what could have happened if she hadn't gotten ahold of him would have been more terrifying than her decision.

The aftermath of her decision, on the other hand, was now the most terrifying thing of all. She was only going to deny. Deny every word he presupposed about her. She knew well that this will only make him more curious, more angry, and will only get him to despise her even more, but she also knew that tough truth was a dish best served in a white lie.

And right now, it felt as if she was catering to a coalition of lions.

Later on that night in the dorm, Lexis climbed into the window again. This time, the curtain was closed, and Jessie mentioned to him that Fayth was sleeping.

She wasn't.

Lexis checked. He peeked around the curtain. He could only see her hair, and her steady breathing under the covers. She was a professional at acting asleep, as she had done it most of her life.

She then heard the creaks of Jessie's bed. Lexis had sat down on the mattress' edge, his fingers entwined and his head bowed.

"I don't know what to do anymore. The old man isn't listening."

Jessie sighed. "Isn't there anything you can do? Did you try being reasonable with him?"

"I tried everything. I threatened. I reasoned. I even brought the family lawyer into it. Nothing worked. It's either it or nothing."

"By nothing, what do you mean? Did he threaten you?"

"He's going to take her away from me."

Who? Fayth wondered. Take who away from you?

"Listen, just do what he wants you to–"

"Are you out of your mind? I'm not going into an arranged marriage with someone like her."

"She might turn out nice. Plus, from what I heard, she's a beauty."

Fayth felt her face flush.

Lexis sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. It was evident on his face how much the matter was distressing him. "Figure out a way for me Jessie. I've already tried everything."

"Had he arranged any meetings with them lately?"

"I just hung up the phone with him. He scheduled a meeting with her side for next Sunday. I have to be there. Otherwise, he's going to execute what he had threatened me with."

Fayth sighed in relief. With a corp as large and as powerful as Ellis and Sons, it would raise a lot of conflict to refuse negotiations or deals with them, however, if the refusal was coming from their side...

His disapproval was exactly what she needed. He didn't realize that he was actually helping her cope with this turmoil. Feeling reassured, she closed her eyes and let sleep take over her brain motor.

"I have an idea." Jessie quickly said, standing to his feet.

"What is it?"

"Your birthday is in five months, right?"

"And?"

"By then, you can do those papers we talked about and get away from that family. He won't be able to do anything and you'll be a free bird. But for now, until that time comes, do what he says. Say yes to marrying Ms. Armstrong. Say yes to meeting her. Then simply keep postponing everything until you're eighteen. And on your birthday, end it and get what you want."

Silence.

Fayth's eyes stayed shut, and her heart beat was loud inside her ear. She waited for Lexis' answer toward Jessie's sneaky idea.

She clutched her blanket.

Held her breath.

And tried to swallow her fear.

"That's..." Lexis began, seeming to have really thought this through. "Reasonable." He nodded and looked up at Jessie. "I'll make it happen."

Fayth's closed eyes opened wide. No. No. No. No. No. NO!

Shit is about to get real XD