MOVIE >scene21> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Jessie slid the glass door open and stood on top of the towel mat, drying his hair and humming. He momentarily glanced up and instant shock electrified his body as he took in the opened door.

He pulled a large towel off the hanger and quickly covered his bottom half with it, then, slowly, made his way to the door, eyeing the inside of the dorm.

Rihanna wasn't there.

Cursing under his breath, something he rarely did, he walked over to his side of the room and quickly pulled on any clothing he put his hands on.

Did she see? How much did she? Was she shocked? Did she run away because of me?

He sighed in pain as more questions ate at him. She officially hated him now. He was sure of it.

He needed to find her. He needed to know. He has been in the bathroom for ten minutes, and he had left her where she sat studying on her bed. What happened?

Quickly, he ran across the room and opened the door widely, then began to hurry across the hall. Only to stop short as he saw Rihanna sit there, on the phone, her face expression was too wrapped into the conversation for him to guess what really happened back in the dorm.

"Well it happened." Vincent said.

"What do you want–" She stopped what she was going to say and looked up at Jessie. "I'll call you later." She quickly ended the call and slipped the phone in her pocket.

Jessie placed his hands on the wall above her and looked down at her, drops of water hit her lap as she looked up at his seemingly breathless and concerned face.

"Did you..." It was hard for him to say the words without cursing first. However he held his tongue and breathed again. "Was the door–"

She quickly shook her head, fear taking over her eyes. Which only confused him even more.

"Did you or did you not?!" He insisted.

She shook her head again.

He eyed her with suspicion. "Rihanna. You're not helping–"

"I almost did. But-then-my-phone-rang-and-I-left-before-the-door-completely-opened."

She had said the words so fast, it would have been a gift if Jessie was able to understand.

He did, and he dropped down next to her in relief.

"Its harder than I thought, sharing a dorm with you."

She kept quiet.

"I'll try to find somewhere else to sleep."

This made Rihanna's heart race. A part of her agreed that it was a good idea, another couldn't bare the thought of him leaving. Which was reason that she so abruptly blurted out "No!"

Jessie looked over at her, caught with surprise. He suppressed a smile at her answer. She had been clearly abstained from him since day one, ignoring and not showing him any kind of affection, unlike most girls when they would see Jessie.

Maybe his opinions were out of place. "Can I ask you something?"

She didn't answer. She only stared at her fingers with embarrassment from her last answer.

"What do you feel when you see me?"

"Nothing." She answered. Too quick.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."

"Why do I suddenly think you're lying? Why am I now realizing that maybe the foreign feeling I have is mutual?"

Rihanna was usually good at covering her expressions, but this took her off guard. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know." He said, aggravated. "I honestly don't know anymore. Maybe I want to know more about you, but you ignore me too much for that to happen. I think you hate me, and I don't know why."

She shook her head, sadness taking over her eyes. "I don't hate you."

"Then why are you ignoring me?" He turned his head so that he was facing her. The stared at each other, eyes inches apart.

Because I might actually love you, Rihanna thought. Out loud she said. "Because you're a guy and I'm a girl and we're sharing the same dorm. It's very uncomfortable to not avoid you."

His eyes fixed and realization dawned on him. "Oh." It makes sense. He hadn't thought of how uncomfortable it was for her yet, otherwise he wouldn't have said any of what he did to her.

"And you're friends with..." The words slipped out unconsciously.

Jessie looked away, and stared at the wall across from them. "Lexis isn't so bad. He's just very much in sync with what happens around him."

An inaudible snort was all Rihanna managed in answer.

"In fact, what you see, that's precisely his way of caring. Of showing emotion."

Rihanna looked away, her expression changing.

I know. 

 ♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡