MOVIE >scene31> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Rihanna's expression changed. She looked over at Connor. "What do you think?"

"Why did you lie?"

"Why should I play when I don't want to?"

He huffed a breath as he smiled. "You know, the more I talk to you, the more I realize the first time we met was the first you lied to me. You tricked me back then, didn't you? To save that little brat."

"Why were you beating him?"

"Someone spread a rumor that he was the Academy's thief."

"The Academy's thief?"

"There is this someone. He steals something pretty decent from each dorm. Everyone is scared for their belongings. They feel like the dorms aren't safe enough anymore."

"It has to be someone from the Academy."

"It is."

"Then why is he or she hard to spot? There are students everywhere. Surely someone would have seen him or her leave with the stolen items."

Connor shook his head. "He plays it like its a sandwich. First, he puts the top bread on it. That's his cover. Then he puts one on the bottom. That's his support. Then he grabs what he wants and puts in the middle. Eventually, he takes off with the sandwich and no one notices."

"So he has someone to cover for him, and others to support him? That's why get's away with it easily?"

"I think so."

Rihanna nodded. "He must be using the windows."

Connor's eyebrows jerked up. "Why do you think that?"

"Think about it. His cover is time. He figures out the exact time for the person to leave the dorm. That means he's around that person enough to know their schedule. His support is the windows. He brings with him something he can place whatever he steals inside and throws it out of the window without having it break. He leaves the dorm. Walks the halls empty handed. Probably going to the kitchen to eat something. Leaves outside. Takes whatever he stole to a safe location until everything is settled, then brings it to his own dorm."

"How does this person get into dorms without knowing their doors pin number?"

Rihanna smiled. "He or she has access to the Academy's office computer. They probably already printed a whole list for each dorm's pin number."

Connor stared at Rihanna for along time. Finally, with squinted eyes, he said. "Are you by any chance the thief?"

"If it was me, do you think I would have told you all of that?"

He smiled. "You think like a thief."

"I can think like anyone I put myself in place of. Its a talent."

He sighed. "This has been happening way before you have enrolled too. Which by the way, how did you enroll this late?" His expression showed confusion again. "Is it true that your bank balance is a jaw dropper?"

Rihanna shrugged. "And if I was really poor? Are you not going to sit next to me anymore?"

"Maybe."

"Then I am."

"You know. Its really hard to understand you."

A stage with stairs was prepared in front of the mansion. A microphone was placed on top.

Summer climbed the stairs, taking her time as whistling and hails were thrown her way.

"Attention everyone." She said after knocking on the microphone. Her tone danced with happiness, as if she had received the best of news.

All the guests quieted down and looked over at her.

"Will everyone please take a seat."

Before long, everyone was seated and Summer's image was clear enough for all of them to see.

"I'd like to welcome all of you to my home. I hope you're enjoying the party so far. The music as well." She added, swiftly extending her arm toward the band, who in return smiled and curtseyed. "Everyone here holds certain attributes that are valuable." Summer began. "Power, property, and wealth. You will one day be leaders who are the reason why many will have jobs, why the world will keep going round. This is why these parties are so important to us. We build connections, we share ideas and information. We are no longer seven and eight year olds who play and enjoy being carefree. We are adults that need to be responsible for what's been handed to us. So cheers, everyone."

Shouts and and hurrahs were massive as everyone raised their glass to what Summer voiced, which, Rihanna agreed, was well-said.

Summer eyed Rihanna, then looked back at the crowd. "That being said, if anyone here does not feel like they belong, leave now."

No one did.

With that response, Summer continued. "I'd like to welcome Rihanna Gessner to..." She smirked, eyeing Rihanna between the crowd. "Dawn Academy. What's been hidden always has a way of revealing itself."

Rihanna wondered what that meant and if it meant a good thing in general.

"That doesn't sound good." Connor commented, answering her thoughts.

"Will you please come up here?" Summer politely asked with a smile.

Ugh, she was going to go all goo-goo on me again. In front of all these snobs.

"Don't." Connor suggested.

"I don't want to. But a rich girl has to do what a rich girl says."

Rihanna pushed her chair back and walked to the stage, whispers traveled in a wave of muffled words. She wondered why she suddenly brought that much attention to herself, and quickly realized that what she was dressed in definitely called for a rumor or two.

She began walking up the stairs.

To where Summer stood, waiting oh so patiently and sweet.

When they stood next to each other, Rihanna turned around and faced all those that will one day matter.

She closed her eyes.

And let one thought take over.

Be the unknown. It really starts now.

♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡