MOVIE >scene52> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Jessie sighed. "I was with my mom a few minutes ago. She told me something weird."

Lexis, suddenly not interested, crossed his long legs and closed his eyes as he laid his head back, deciding his nap was more important. "I doubt its anything I'm interested in."

Jessie sighed again. Not sure how to break the news to him, he decided to divert the conversation for now. "How's Anthony?"

"Don't really want to talk about it."

"For how long are you going to keep it from him."

"As long as I'm alive."

"I heard he found a friend. He finally did, huh? No one ever fit in his funny little mind."

Lexis sighed.

Jessie kept quiet for a long moment before he quietly said. "Your love for him is see-through Lexis. You love him too much and that's bad thing for both of you right now."

Lexis clenched his teeth.

"Try to hate him. At least do that." Jessie's emotions were fried. He worried often that his best friend would harm himself from the misfortune that he was constantly dealing with.

Lexis exhaled and straightened up. Opening his eyes, he looked at Jessie and said. "What is it with you and that new girl? Something strange is going on."

Jessie chuckled. "Lexis Ellis. Reads right through people. I'm not sure if I like it anymore."

"You can't be..." Lexis eyed Jessie, wondering if his suspicions were true.

"I don't know. I'm thrown off the whole thing myself. Either way, you have to stop Summer from picking on her like that. You can deal with Summer better than any of us. Rihanna isn't someone to torment. Make sure Summer knows that."

"I'm insulted to think you'd even consider that I care."

"I'm not saying care about her. Just do me a favor."

"Why?"

"Because she's..." Jessie trailed off, not exactly sure of what to answer.

"You don't love her." Lexis said so simply.

Jessie snapped his attention to Lexis.

Lexis shook his head, his genuine smile apparent on his lips. "You don't love her. At least, not like that."

Jessie snorted and looked away, his eyebrows furrowed. "I never said I did."

"You think you do, however, you're only attracted to her strange personality. Her words that are never said. She's spontaneous. Of course you'll have an intrigued interest. I did. I know you, better than you'd know yourself. You don't love her."

Jessie shrugged. "We'll see."

"What did your mother have to say? I'm suddenly intrigued."

"Rihanna." Jessie began. "She's been enrolled into F.A.I.T.H."

Everything around Lexis froze. The air, sounds, light. He stared at the glass table in front of him, his eyes glazed.

"Why?" He asked, his voice suddenly flat, dead of all emotion.

"She won't tell me."

"Why?" Lexis asked again, this time, his voice held a hint of anger.

"I told you, she won't tell me. I'm surprised too. I mean, she's so sweet and shy. I can't imagine why someone so quiet would get enrolled into the program. I heard her grades are perfect too."

"There must be a reason. Something that none of us know." Lexis said, but even he wasn't sure anymore. Everything about that girl made him run in circles with no answers.

And it angered him, anger he never felt, it haunted him, a feeling he never received from a stranger, it made him fearful, for all the wrong reasons.

And it made him lose track of all things that made sense. He didn't understand. He couldn't understand.

"Well, either way, let's not bother her–"

Lexis stood up, his thoughts all over the place. He was already confused why she would avoid his gaze constantly. Why she'd run away from him, cower in fear, flee from a room they are both in. Even faint, faint, at the sight of him.

His curiosity was already provoked. "Its too late for that."

"Lexis." Jessie threatened, standing to his feet as well.

"There is one thing I can't stand Jessie," Lexis said, deciding to continue devising his plan. "And that is unsolved puzzles. In all forms."

 ♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡