MOVIE >scene139> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Fayth chewed on her lunch, ever so slowly, recalling what Charles said over and over again. No matter how many times she did, something in her heart jumped in fear and told her that it was everything but. How can someone so vile have a place in his heart for compassion. What she felt towards Jessie, there is no way Lexis could ever muster to acknowledge, possess, convey. He was dead. Feelings for others are nulled, muted, put aside and shut down. He puts a void to everything that wasn't Anthony and Bubbles.

He was cold. Mentally broken.

However, to be well rounded, she did admit that he'd come in-between her and Jessie more times than normal. To the point where Jessie and Fayth could only sit alone together nowadays in their own dorm at night.

And even that, at times, was interrupted by Lexis.

"So...odd." A deep voice said, taking a seat across from her. "Do explain how you did it."

Fayth's head jerked up, surprised by Lexis' presence after what Charles had said. Quickly, she looked back at her lunch and kept quiet.

Lexis crossed his arms on the table and leaned in, bringing his face close to hers. "You do realize what you have done only perked my curiosity that much more, don't you? In less than fifteen minutes I get a call? I expected an entire week to pass before I heard any good news. How is it possible that you were able to take action that fast? Over such an incredible corporation like Armstrong Next? Over someone as hardheaded as my father..."

Fayth kept quiet.

"Answer at the very least that. My increasing curiosity could only hurt you."

"The heir and I are on very good terms." Fayth boldly said, erasing borders and expectations.

"You and Armstrong?"

She looked away. "We went to prep school together. Back in the days. It paid off."

Lexis squinted his eyes thoughtfully at her. Swiftly, he took ahold of her chin and made her look at him. He was still studying her. His eyes looking over the little details that might suddenly make sense.

I'm connecting the dots. Its all there. There is just one thing I'm missing. One thing that'll pull the cover off the whole puzzle.

She jerked her head away from his hold, and looked away again. She suddenly felt violated, close to an edge that wasn't there. She could feel him get closer to the truth, get closer to her identity. She had an overwhelming feeling in her gut, an intuition that was hovering over her. Lexis Ellis was closer to her real self than anyone ever was.

He picked up a glass cup from the table and slid his arm so the cup was lingering above the tile floor.

Let her witness glass crashing...you'll find out who she really is.

He stared at the girl in front of him, fearful and mysterious. His eyes were lost in wonder. What's glass shattering to you? How can I possibly find out who you really are from such a simple action?

He slowly let the glass slip from between his fingers, tempted to find out. His eyes wouldn't leave her blank expression, her questioning eyes. She was probably feeling it, feeling how close he was to the truth. He can feel it too. He was closer to the reality she hid from everyone than ever before.

It must be something unpleasant. If Vivian had given me this clue based off temporary hate, then shattering glass must be something unpleasant for her.

He was suddenly awoken from the trance he was in. He looked around at the crowded room. A sickening feeling clouded his stomach and chest.

Something twisted, mentally exhausting for her.