MOVIE >scene30> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

As Rihanna entered the garden of the magnificent, grand mansion, she was welcomed with two lines of lanterns that hung above, connecting from the garden's entrance all the way to the mansion.

On the other side of each line of lanterns were long white tables that could easily seat a hundred person each. Flowers, foods, drinks and fresheners–Wet towels, dry towels and breath mints–were already set to serve. Waiters strolled around, arms occupied with plates paired with their large domes and trays with full drinks.

Music was playing from a mysterious place that seemed to reach each corner. It was lovely, the music. As Rihanna got closer, she found a band on top of a small round stage at the side of the garden. Five of them were huddled together around instruments and played beautiful music.

Rihanna looked around the garden, dozens and dozens of people around her age mingled. All wearing expensive dress clothes. The men were in slick designer suits and the ladies wore flowing beautiful dresses in various colors.

Rihanna looked down at what she had on. A white spring shirt that reached to her knees and a pair of black tights underneath.

She sighed.

Breathed in.

Be the unknown.

She didn't know anyone, and was afraid to look for Summer in case more people took notice of her and the way she was dressed. Summer had forgotten to point out that this was a formal party, and the dress code corresponded with that. So instead, Rihanna settled on a chair at one of the long white tables, where she had an open view of the band, and access to the sparkling water and the expensive chocolate.

The night sky was relaxing, and before she knew it, Rihanna was actually enjoying her night. She was in her own quiet circle of enjoyment, while left alone by the others. And the band was an amusing group of skilled, soulful musicians.

Best of all, Summer wasn't throwing goo-goo eyes at her the whole time like she did in school.

The band's singer noticed Rihanna's attentiveness for her and her group and she waved at her in hello. Rihanna waved back with a smile. The singer's eyes jolted to Rihanna's hand and smiled, then motioned for Rihanna to come over.

Rihanna stood up and walked over to her.

Pushing the mic away, the singer said, "Thank you for listening with that beautiful smile. It looks like you really enjoyed what our music offered."

Rihanna nodded. "You have a really beautiful voice."

"I'm Pat." The women said, stretching her hand out for a shake. When Rihanna gave the women her hand, the women's face was serene for a moment as she felt around Rihanna's hand.

"Arthritis?"

"Minor." Rihanna answered.

She jumped down the two feet high stage and stood in front of Rihanna. She took both of her hands in hers and studied them. Looking back at Rihanna, she said. "You play piano. It looks like you've done so for a long time."

Rihanna shook her head. "No... Not really."

"Can't be." The woman said, almost shocked. "My judgement is never wrong."

"Don't worry Pat, it isn't. She's just very good at lying."

They both turned and looked at Connor, who walked over while sipping on a golden drink, dressed in a well fitted gray suit. "Don't believe her when she says she's not good at something. She'll only end up amazing you."

Rihanna nervously laughed and looked back at Pat. "I can play, but I promise you its not any good. In fact, its worse than anything you'll ever hear."

"I doubt it."

"You should. She's lying." Connor argued.

Rihanna glared at him.

"Our pianist has osteoarthritis. However, we couldn't find a replacement in time for the party. She's going through a lot. Would you do us and the guests the honor of taking her place for the night?"

"Do it." Connor pushed.

Rihanna shook her head. "No. I better not. I'm not that good, and I have no idea how to read music."

Pat pouted. "Really?"

Rihanna nodded. "I can't. I'm serious. You put me on there, you'll regret it and you'll disappoint all these guests."

"She's definitely lying." Connor told her. "I can tell, can't you?"

"Have you ever heard her play?" Pat asked Connor.

Connor hesitated. "No, but believe me, she lied to me enough times that I know how humble she gets when it comes to her talents."

Pat's shoulders fell and she frowned. "Well, I don't want to push you if you don't want to. If you change your mind, please let me know."

"I wish I can help." Rihanna apologized and left back to her seat.

Connor followed close behind. He sat next to her and relaxed his arm on the back of her chair.

"Amuse me, would you. Do you really not play?"

♡♥♡ Don't forget the votes button! ♡♥♡