MOVIE >scene156> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Falling asleep was the hardest thing Fayth did that night. She only thought of the brochure over and over again. Would anyone recognize her? Specifically Lexis. Would he recognize her? Had he seen what Fayth Armstrong looked like yet?

Either way, she had come to a decision that will not be bent by anything: Fayth Armstrong will not marry Lexis Ellis.

True, she was going to go through with it before, but things have changed. No matter what happens to the partnership with the Ellis & Sons Corp, she will no longer make Lexis suffer through his father's merciless investment plans. He had already gone through enough. Losing Anthony broke him. She saw it with her own eyes. Before any meetings happen, before any complications begin, she will refuse the marriage herself this time.

After eating a few more doses of her candy, she finally fell asleep.

A few hours later...

No one was there. The Ellis wing was hauntingly empty. Lexis' heart sank to his knees as he looked around at the familiar place Anthony had roamed before. It was unreal, that his little brother will no longer be there to continue on his legacy. That he won't grow up and find a woman to love. That he won't marry. That he won't have kids and grow old with them. That Lexis himself, will never get the chance to hear Anthony's kids call him uncle.

Knowing well he won't get a shut eye there, he decided to go over to Jessie's dorm instead.

After climbing into the dark room, Lexis felt his way around and finally had his hand on the table lamp. He wondered why the light sleeper hadn't woken up yet. As soon he turned the light on, the answer was apparent: Jessie wasn't there.

That's when he remembered the text he received from him earlier. He had mentioned that he left to spend the night with his dad, who lives an hour away from the beach house, and had made it clear that he would be visiting Lexis in the morning.

Lexis slumped down on Jessie's bed, exhausted. Rubbing his face with his hands, he exhaled a long breath and shut his eyes.

What am I supposed to do now?

"STOP IT!"

Lexis' head jerked around, looking at the curtain dividing the room.

"Stop it! You don't want to do this! Just stop! STOP!"

He stood up and made his way across the room, then slowly pulled the curtain aside. The light from the desk casted its way in and on the sleeping Fayth. His heart began to race at the sight of her. His breathing came in and out heavy, disordered.

There you are.

"Please, you don't want to do this!"

I've missed you.

Lexis stood there with his blank expression. He knew what Jessie used to do to calm her down, his body, however, refused to move.

I need sleep too. She can help tonight.

He swallowed back the temptation and closed his eyes shut.

You need to forget her.

Just one night.

Leave before you're in deeper.

"You don't want to do this..."

He stared at her sleeping face.

Took a step closer.

Lifted the bed sheet.

"You don't want to do this..."

But I do.

Slipping next to her, he pulled her close, needing the embrace of the one person that shared the loss of Anthony as deeply as he did. He hugged her so close that they almost became one.

"You don't..."