Birthday Disaster/Ambreigns

The sun rose, signalling the start of a new day; but this wasn't just any ordinary day for Dean Ambrose. Today was his boyfriend of four months Roman Reigns' birthday! Dean had been planning this day for weeks now, with the help of their best friend...brother, and stablemate in The Shield, Seth Rollins. Dean had wanted everything to be perfect, so he got Seth to help him!

When Dean woke up he realized he felt like shit; his nose was stuffy, his throat hurt...hell his whole body ached! He couldn't afford to be sick, not today! He didn't give a flying fuck, Roman was going to have the perfect birthday that he deserved! First up was breakfast in bed, so he got out of bed without waking Roman, and threw on his shorts, before leaving the room.

He went into the little kitchen area of their hotel room and between his coughing, sneezing and dizziness he tried to make breakfast. Unfortunately, he burnt most of it, but it was too late to order anything from room service, as he heard Roman call his name. He put everything onto a tray; at least the coffee turned out, and smiling took it into the room.

"What's all this?" Roman asked smiling, as Dean put the tray on his lap smiling.

"Your birthday breakfast in bed! Happy birthday baby boy!" Dean said, before he coughed.

"You feeling okay babe?" Roman asked concerned, Dean looked horrible, how the hell did he miss the signs he was getting sick?

"Uh yeah, just a little tickle! Never mind that, eat your breakfast, we've got a lot planned birthday boy! I'm going to jump in the shower, love you!"

"Love you too!" Roman said smiling, as Dean grabbed his stuff and went into the bathroom.

After Roman ate, he grabbed his things and had a quick shower while Dean got dressed. After he was done, he got dressed and went to find Dean. He found him laying on his back on the couch, his arm over his eyes as he coughed. Hearing Roman come into the room he sat up smiling and spoke.

"Hey baby boy! Ready for your special day?" Dean asked, before he coughed.

"Dean, baby I know you want to make my day special, but you're sick! We can always celebrate in a few days!"

"It won't be your birthday in a few days! I'm fine Ro, I swear! No more worrying about me, today is all about you!" Dean said smiling, as he stood.

"Alright, fine! Let's go!" Roman agreed smiling.

**Later**:

After leaving the hotel, Dean drove them to their first destination, a romantic boat ride. Roman loved being on the water and he couldn't wait to enjoy it with Dean. They parked, got out and met the Captain on the dock. They then got on the boat and sat down getting comfortable as the ride started, Dean sat behind Roman holding him as they watched the scenery pass by. Roman was enjoying himself, until 10 minutes into the ride he felt his stomach turn. He got up quickly and rushed outside onto the deck, and leaned over the side of the boat just in time to be sick. Dean joined him and began rubbing his back as he spoke.

"Guess we're cutting the ride short." Dean said gently.

"No, I'm okay! I feel fine, I don't want to ruin your plans!" Roman refused knowing how hard Dean worked on planning the perfect birthday for him.

"It's cool baby boy, I've got other things planned don't worry about it!" Dean said, before he sneezed.

After cutting their ride short Dean decided to kill sometime before lunch by taking a walk along the beach. As they walked hand in hand along the water, Roman loved it, not many people got to see this side of Dean and it made Roman feel special! Close to lunchtime, Dean led Roman to a secluded spot, where thanks to Seth, a picnic for two waited. They sat and began to eat, talking and laughing, when suddenly without warning it began to rain! They quickly packed everything up and ran to the car, Roman knew how disappointed Dean was, even though he tried to hide it, and it broke Roman's heart!

The rest of the day was the same, nothing Dean planned worked out and it was getting harder and harder with each screw up to keep his hurt hidden from Roman! By the end of the day Dean was sick, angry, and miserable, but he refused to ruin Roman's special day! At least there was still dinner with Seth and their gifts for Roman, that couldn't go wrong! While Roman showered, Dean went to his bag to get Roman's gift out, it wasn't there! Panicking Dean searched everywhere for it, but it wasn't in their room! The only thing he could think of to do was text Seth, so he did and Seth calmed him down promising to look in his room and car for it! He thanked Seth and put his phone away, as Roman returned to the room to get dressed, while he did Dean went for a shower. After they were ready they headed to Seth's room to get him. They drove to the restaurant and parked, before they went inside, there were no tables free and when Dean asked about their reservation he was told it was made for the wrong date! That was it, this was the screw up that finally made Dean snap! Without saying a word Dean walked out of the restaurant and got into the car, the guys quickly followed knowing he was pissed! They drove back to the hotel in silence, once there Roman and Seth got out of the car, but Dean didn't, instead he drove away without a word.

A couple hours later Dean lay on the hood of his car, arms under his head as he starred at the stars. He was so upset Roman's birthday had been a complete screw up, he had ruined his birthday! His thoughts were interrupted by Roman joining him on the car.

"Ro? How did you find me?" Dean asked shocked.

"Boyfriend intuition!" Roman answered smiling, as he lay back on the car taking Dean's hand. "You okay?"

"No, I wanted you to have the perfect birthday Ro! You deserve it, and all I managed to do was screw everything up like usual!" Dean said upset.

"It was perfect D! You made it perfect babe! Just knowing you care about enough to do all this for me, means everything to me! Thank you for making this my best birthday ever!" Roman said smiling sadly, as he touched Dean's cheek gently.

"You really mean that?" Dean asked quietly.

"Every word!" Roman answered.

"I love you Ro." Dean said kissing him.

"I love you too." Roman replied, as he lay on Dean's chest. "You know, it's still my birthday for another couple hours!" Roman said smiling, as he sat up.

"Oh, yeah...Ro, I...I um, lost your gift! I'm so sorry, I..."

"You mean this one?" Roman said still smiling cutting Dean off, as he took a small box out of his jacket pocket and showed Dean.

"Yes! Where the hell did you find it?" Dean asked smiling, as he sat up too.

"A little ninja named Seth found it in his car! So, before he dropped me off here he gave me his gift and yours!" Roman explained.

"Open it." Dean said smiling.

Roman did and he froze as he opened the box and saw what was inside, he had tears in his eyes as he looked at Dean who was smiling.

"It's a promise ring! This ring is my promise to love you forever!" Dean said gently, as he took the ring out of the box and put it on Roman's finger. "Happy birthday baby boy!" He added, before he kissed Roman.

As they lay back down on the car, Dean holding Roman close, Roman starred at the ring and smiled. Dean's plans for the perfect birthday might not have worked out, but to Roman this truly was his best birthday ever, all because of his Lunatic!

THE END!