Chapter 149 The words of others are not so important!

After returning to the villa, she ran back to her room and sat by the window.

When William Walton came in, she was in a daze and did not hear anything.

He came up behind her and bent to embrace her.

Startled, she dodged to the side.

William Walton released her and laughed: "What are you thinking, you look like you have lost your soul."

"Nothing!" she said with an embarrassed grin.

"Mike said, you just went to the hospital, is there something wrong?"

Her heart tightened for a moment before she shook her head. "No, I went to visit a friend."

"Colleagues?"

She did not want to lie to him, "Avery Harris."

"Is he in the hospital?"

"Yes."

"Is he sick?"

She shook her head gently.

"A car accident."

"Look at your expression, he's very serious."

"I don't know either, I didn't go in to see him!" she looked at him.

"Judy heard that Avery Harris was in a car accident and that his leg was probably crippled, that's why I went there."

"Then why didn't you go in and ask?"

She lowered her eyes and bit the corner of her lips.

Her eyes were moist.

Seeing her like this, William Walton felt a burst of unhappiness in his heart.

This woman, could she be still in love with that man?

"Laura, what are you thinking about?"

He thought that this pair of eyes would be able to see through people's hearts, but she was an exception.She looked at him, full of guilt.

There were some things she didn't know who else she could tell.

William Walton appearing in front of her made her feel that the timing was perfect.

She reached out and grabbed William Walton's sleeve, looking like a stray cat that had found its master.

Her voice trembled a little: "I was the one who harmed Avery Harris. That day, he went to find me and interrogated me about why I didn't tell him that I was an illegitimate daughter of the Anderson family. I felt very angry because he had secretly investigated me, so … I said a lot of nasty things. He got into a car accident after that.Avery Harris has always been a very sensitive person. If I hadn't embarrassed him so much that day, he probably wouldn't have gotten into trouble. Helen Anderson is right. I am just an unlucky person. Whoever dares to provoke me will not have a good ending. "

As she spoke, she lowered her eyes, trying her best to restrain herself from overflowing with grief.

William Walton frowned.

Helen Anderson was such a malicious woman, yet she actually dared to spout such malicious words.

Anger was mixed in his eyes as he pulled her into his embrace.

"What does Avery Harris's accident have to do with you? It's his own fate, and you've also told me unpleasant words, am I not still alive and well?"

She let out a breath.

"But he …"

"But … No but, keep your sadness away. Don't take any fault with yourself, when others cross your bottom line, you say some nasty words. That's normal. It is impossible for you to keep calm after being hurt by others. You can't smile to the people who did bad things to you. There is no such principle in this world. "