Chapter 24 Really not good!

"Do I need a reason?" She looked at him.

"Definitely. People do everything out of reasons."

"Then... probably I didn't have any ambitions, "she raised her eyebrows.

"As a person, if I don't have any ambitions, then I wanted to live a peaceful and ordinary life."

He looked at her.

What kind of fallacy was this?

"Working for a big company is extraordinary?"

"Yes, I don't like scheming."

"Who told you that a large company would be so scheming?"

She smiled.

"TV show told me."

"Then you should watch fewer TV shows in the future."

The TV series she watched could even count by the fingers on one hand.

"Alright, I will accept your suggestion. Can I go now?"

She turned and walked away.

He raised his eyebrows, his eyes filled with hostility.

Laura Green had set up a high line of defense over him.

From his point of view, the reason why she stayed in school as a teacher should have something to do with Avery Harris.

When he thought of this, he felt a burst of unhappiness.

The next day, they left in a car.

On the way, he asked her, "Do you have plans for tonight?"

She looked at him.

"Working."

"Cancel it. I have a business dinner to attend tonight and I want you to accompany me there. As a return for helping you get out of trouble at the bar last time."

"Didn't I already thank you last time?"

"As far as I am concerned, that was no thanks, it was torture. If you want to thank me, you should make me comfortable."

She pursed her lips.

He was smarter than a bee sting.

"I declare in advance that I do not drink, nor do I help you seduce others."

He coldly looked at her, "Don't overestimate yourself. You are not qualified."

She frowned.

Damn it, did he mean that she was ugly?

Wow, this capitalist was so mean.

Seeing that she was angry, he raised his eyebrows and said, "Do you know why you aren't qualified?"

She looked at him, puzzled.

He whispered to her with a voice that only they could hear, "Your skills in bed are not that great."

She blushed, pushed him, and squinted at him.

This man … Shameless.

He twisted his head and smiled, looking out of the window.

The driver saw this scene in the rearview mirror and thought about how rare was that his big boss could smile because of a woman.

When class ended in the afternoon, as soon as Laura left school, she was immediately picked up by William Walton's secretary and driver.

The secretary took her to buy a dress, put on makeup, and do a haircut.

Standing in front of the mirror, she almost couldn't recognize herself.

Although her face was still the same, the clothes made her feel awkward.

She had never worn a short dress like this.

This dress was made of the wedding dress material with a white background and small yellow flowers, which made her skin look tender and pinker and turned her to be a graceful and sexy lady.

The fluffy haircut and the dazzling hair on the forehead suited her very well.

She was close to 170 centimeters tall and the 8 centimeters high heel shoes made her body look slender.

She turned around and looked at the female secretary.

With a worried expression, she covered her chest with one hand.

"Isn't this outfit a bit awkward?"

The secretary laughed: "Don't worry Miss Green, I swear tonight you will become the focus of all the audience."

She exhaled.

But... She wanted to say that she just wanted to quietly hide in a corner to have a meal.

She doesn't want to be the center of attention at all, okay?