Chapter 55 - I want you!

"That's why I told Miss Brown that I didn't care about the background. In the future, I will be your background. I will protect you, and she'd better leave you in peace."

Laura looked at him in surprise.

"Are you kidding me?"

"If you don't believe it, you can ask her."

Her face suddenly blushed for some reason.

"Heh, then she's probably pissed to death."

"That's not my responsibility."

She looked at him.

"There is a question that I am particularly curious about. May I ask?"

"Go ahead."

"You have so many women by your side, why do you like me? Is it because I'm poor and different from the women around you? Or do you think I'm a misery and you do this out of sympathy? If it's true, then you might have misunderstood something. I'm not as miserable as you think. I just like money."

"I have two answers to that question. Which do you want to hear?"

"Truth or lies? Then you can tell me both. "

"They are both true, but there are two ways to say it. Saying it tactfully, it is that I talked a lot when I'm with you. I want to find a woman who can open my heart and chat with me. Saying it directly, I want to sleep with you. "

"Cough, cough!" she was startled by his straightforward reply and covered her mouth to stop herself from coughing.

"Do you love me then?"

William Walton looked at her, "Right now, I admire you very much. However, there is still a small gap between love. I will pay my effort to fill the gap."

"Can you sleep with a woman even you don't like her?"

"If it was another woman, it would be impossible. However, as I've said before, I had a crush on you. So, I want to sleep with you. To me, your body is emitting a medicinal fragrance."

"Medicine fragrance?"

She wondered where she got the medicinal scent.

"Love potion."

She coughed again.

If this man wasn't good—looking, she would have called the police.

"William Walton, I'll tell you clearly, I saw with my own eyes how my mother struggled her entire life, so I won't entrust my feelings to someone who doesn't love me. If possible, I hope that you can move your target away from me, I don't want to get hurt."

William Walton looked at her, and then pursed his lips: "If you don't try, how do you know that you will be hurt? Perhaps I am worthy of your trust for the rest of your life. "

"But I'm not suitable for you."

"Nothing is absolute."

However, she firmly believed that they were not suited.

Instead, she took out a beautifully wrapped box from her bag, placed it on the table, and pushed it in front of him.

"What is this?" he wondered.

"To show my gratitude, I bought a gift for you yesterday. I know that you are not lacking in anything, and perhaps you will think that it is cheap, not worthy of your taste, but I will buy it anyway because I want to let my heart be at ease. If you want to throw it away, can you find a place after you leave that I cannot see?"