Chapter 143 Do you love me?

It was a good thing that she was in a dark restaurant.

Because of the darkness, she didn't have to face his words in embarrassment.

Seeing that Laura did not say anything, William Walton raised his eyebrow: "You, are always avoiding questions, but there are some things, you can't solve them by escaping, don't you understand the logic?"

"Then... Let me ask you a question. "

"Ask away."

"Do you love me?"

William Walton laughed, "I love you more and more."

"Then... To you, who is more important between Carol Wright and me? "

Her question silenced him."You want to compare with her?"

"Is this hard to choose?"

William Walton said in a low voice after a long while.

"Of course, it's because you're important to me."

"William Walton, the reason why you hesitated earlier was because you weren't sure who was more important between us. After weighing the pros and cons, you felt that Carol Wright had Jack, which was why you said, I'm more important, right?"

"Laura, everyone has a past. It is wrong for one to grasp the past of others while facing the future."

"That's right, I have one too. Moreover, my past isn't that beautiful. Therefore, I won't give up on my feelings of gratitude and suppression to a man who hesitates when making a choice between me and another woman.What I want, is not because of attraction, even a little bit of love, even in the future will be more love. I don't want to be uncertain, I'm a... I don't feel safe with men. In other words, I don't trust them.Because I don't believe them enough, when I saw Avery Harris betraying me, I felt pain and sadness. However, I didn't fight with Avery Harris and Elsie Clark, but instead, I digested the pain by myself, not giving Avery Harris any chance to explain himself, and directly broke up with him. He said I was determined, but only I knew that I was so determined because he, who had once been able to give me a sense of security, had destroyed it.I know that I didn't do well in terms of emotions, but the shadow John Anderson brought me was too scary. You probably wouldn't understand these things. I can only tell you that if it weren't for the fact that all the uneasiness and fear in my heart had been released, even if I knew that I was in love with someone, I wouldn't have taken the next step so easily.This is why even though I can feel your goodness but I have never responded to you in a positive manner. Not because you weren't good enough, and not because you had someone else in your heart. It's because there was someone else in your heart and you will never be able to forget her completely. This kind of you, makes me feel insecure.William Walton, everyone is selfish, I am more selfish. Yesterday, you said that I did not know how to love myself, but you were wrong, I love myself a lot. Because I love myself, so I won't easily give myself to any man, because I'm too afraid of facing the uncertainty of the future. I'm afraid that one day, I'll give you my heart, and you'll shatter it. "

After she finished speaking, William Walton was silent for a long time.

He knew that she had always felt no sense of security, but he never thought that the fear in her heart would be this deep …

He looked at her in the darkness, and the light suddenly came on.

She closed her eyes.

When she opened them again, she had already adapted to the light.

She looked at him and slowly put down her knife and fork.

"So, just now, I made the choice that I couldn't make. I will do it now."