Chapter 142 William is cunning!

While she was lost in her own thoughts, she heard the voices of the counselors discussing in low voices next door.

"Oh right, her son is not coming to school today either."

"I heard. It's probably because his mother quit her job. He can't cover the sky in school with one hand anymore."

"I wish he could resign."

"That's right, his mother has already left. What is he still doing here? How annoying is he?"

As the two of them spoke, they chuckled softly.

She slightly frowned and shook her head, no longer thinking about anything else.

When the department's competition was over, she took a few of her students away from the field.

Benjamin Walton walked beside Laura and said in a low voice, "Laura, if our school can win this competition, help me out with something."

She looked at him, "What do you want? "

"Anyway, this is something that you can do."

"Why do I feel like you're trying to trick me?"

"How could that be? I could trick anyone but I don't dare to plotting against William's people. If William knows about this, then the one who's going to suffer in the end would be me. Don't worry, I'm making a deal with you in a reasonable manner."

"Then let's talk after you successfully enter the basketball team and win the competition. "

"You have to agree to my condition. Otherwise, I won't be coming to the tournament tomorrow at noon."

She stared at him.

"You're threatening me, kid."

"I can do this only when my brother is not around. Laura, quickly promise me, don't worry, you definitely could do it. We are all family, so I will not make things difficult for you."

She thought about it and said, "Then… Go for it."

Benjamin Walton was pleased: "Just wait and see."

After he finished speaking, he quickly caught up to his classmates and left.

After work in the afternoon, as she walked towards the school gate, she dialed William Walton's number: "What do you want to eat tonight?"

"Anything you treat me."

"Aren't you very picky? If it's too expensive, I can't afford it. It's not like you can look down on roadside stalls."

"As long as it's not a roadside stall and has a private room, it's ok."

"Why do you need a room?"

"Recently, my reputation has been pretty good. If you're not afraid of being filmed, then I will be fine."

After thinking about it, she smiled mischievously, "I won't eat in the private room. I'll send you the address later. Come look for me."

She hung up the phone and went to the door to get Mike in the car.

"Mike, let's not go home. We need to go to a restaurant on the backside of the sea. I know the way. I'll show you."

"Alright Miss Green."

William Walton followed the address that Laura gave and arrived at the entrance of a dark restaurant.

He smiled and walked in.

The waiter enthusiastically welcomed them, "Sir, do you have an appointment?"

"Miss Green's reservation. Number 3, she has arrived."