Chapter 144 "So, you also have a weakness ..."

She was extremely afraid.

Just then, she heard someone knocking on the door.

She covered her mouth and gave a startled burp.

The door was knocked again.

She quickly let go of the hand that was covering her mouth, put her hands together and rubbed them together as she anxiously shouted: "Senior, I … I have nowhere to go, so I can't do anything about it. I hope senior can't blame me for staying the night here, and I promise you that I won't disturb your rest. Please take a detour, senior."

At the door, William Walton frowned.

What was this woman saying?

"Open the door, it's me."

Upon hearing this voice, the nervousness in her heart from before vanished.

She hurriedly turned around and opened the door.

The moment she saw William Walton, she let out a sigh of relief in her heart.

"It's you."

"Who else do you think it is? What were you talking about just now? "

"No ….Nothing!" she shook her head, trying her best to appear a little calmer.

"Why are you here?"

With a cold expression, he answered, "I'll pick you up after work."

"Ah? I... I worked overtime."

"With the ghosts?"

Laura hurriedly stomped her feet, covering her mouth with her hands.
"Don't speak nonsense."

William Walton smirked: "So, you thought, that the person at the door was a ghost?"

He raised his hand and knocked on her head, "I always thought that you were unafraid of the heavens or the earth. So, it turns out that you also have a weakness."

She glanced at him.

She released the hand that was covering his mouth.

"I didn't."

"What did you say about burning paper?"

Her face turned slightly red.

"Oh, it's nothing."

She quickly opened the cabinet, took out her bag, and walked over to him.

"Let's go. Let's go."

After turning off the lights in her office, she pushed him out of the office.

Perhaps it was due to the scare and she was shocked.

She took two quick steps and followed closely by his side.

William Walton turned and looked at her.

From time to time, she would look back.

He smirked and yelled in her ear, "Hello."

She jumped, screamed, and grabbed his arm.When she finally regained her senses, she realized that he was purposefully trying to scare her.

Displeased, she gave his arm a pinch and snorted before quickly descending the stairs.

Arriving at the entrance of the office building, she raised her head and breathed a sigh of relief.

She didn't want to work overtime anymore.

After all, … It was true that someone had died in this building.

Even if there were no ghosts, just thinking about it made one feel that it was horrifying.