Forever ➼ BOOK 1 (Klaus Mikae...

By thevampirediariesaf

Mia Lennox and her sisters have been trying to find her runaway parents for years, meeting dead ends and find... More

DISCLAIMER
༺ part one ༻
Ch. 1 ↬ "Mystic Falls."
Chapter 2 ↬ "As real as vampires and werewolves."
Chapter 3 ↬ "Rippers."
Chapter 4 ↬ "Klaus Mikaelson."
Chapter 5 ↬ "What a bitch!"
Chapter 6 ↬ "I'm Elijah."
Chapter 7 ↬ "Hello, vampire demon."
Chapter 8 ↬ "Gotta love Mother Nature."
Chapter 9 ↬ "Kara is a monster."
Chapter 10 ↬ "He's not joking."
Chapter 11 ↬ "My shadow self."
Chapter 12 ↬ "Thanks for the tip, wolfie."
Chapter 13 ↬ "Just one little fwoosh."
Chapter 14 ↬ "You look like hell."
Chapter 15 ↬ "Chicago."
Chapter 16 ↬ "Three sad orphans."
Chapter 17 ↬ "Home sweet home."
Chapter 18 ↬ "I'm here to get revenge."
Chapter 19 ↬ "Blaming me for your mistakes."
Chapter 20 ↬ "Old time's sake."
Chapter 21 ↬ "I'm using you."
Chapter 22 ↬"Mia Lennox."
Chapter 23 ↬"Bacon pancakes."
Chapter 24 ↬ "Pizza Mikaelson!"
Chapter 25 ↬ "Let's go to New Orleans."
Chapter 26 ↬ "You better run."
Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."
Chapter 28 ↬ "Daddy issues."
Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."
Chapter 30 ↬ "An eye for an eye."
Chapter 31 ↬ "Man of the hour."
Chapter 32 ↬ "You are pissing me off."
Chapter 33 ↬ "A hero is a villian in disguise."
Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."
Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"
Chapter 36 ↬ "Such a pest."
Chapter 37 ↬ "More than a friend."
Chapter 38 ↬ "Damon, shut up."
Chapter 39 ↬ "Super old, super creepy."
Chapter 40 ↬ "I'm no psychopath."
Chapter 41 ↬ "Courtesy of Matt Donavan."
Chapter 42 ↬ "Mystic Falls is bad luck."
Chapter 43 ↬ "She was supposed to live."
Chapter 44 ↬ "The goodbye book."
Chapter 45 ↬ "Mamma Mia."
Chapter 46 ↬ "Humans are sensitive."
Chapter 47 ↬ "Doppelgänger got your tongue?"
Chapter 48 ↬ "Always a sight to see."
Chapter 49 ↬ "Partners in crime."
༺ part two ༻
Ch. 50 ↬ "Go get 'em, Tiger."
Ch. 51 ↬ "Silas will kill us all."
Ch. 52 ↬ "At this point it's finders keepers."
Ch. 53 ↬ "Call it mercy."
Ch. 54 ↬ "I'm perfectly capable of being dead."
Ch. 55 ↬ "If it isn't little Miss Sunshine."
Ch.56 ↬ "So much for self-control."
Ch.57 ↬ "I like you better like this."
Ch.58 ↬ "Introducing her to a thousands hells."
Ch.59 ↬ "Make sure you rip her apart."
Ch.60 ↬ "Enjoy the highway back to hell."
Ch.61 ↬ "Something wicked has happened."
Ch.62 ↬ "Hi, I'm Euphoria."
Ch.63 ↬ "From a handmaiden to a queen."
Ch.64 ↬ "For power and glory."
Ch.65 ↬ "We can make new memories."
Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."
Ch.67 ↬ "Mother's intuition."
Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"
Ch.69 ↬ "You're not a hero then."
Ch.70 ↬ "This is home."
Ch.71 ↬ "Always and forever."
Ch.72 ↬ "Through the dark."
author's note ↬ "thank you for everything."
Next time on "The Vampire Diaries."
SEQUEL IS UP!

Extra ↬ "Thanksgiving Special."

364 16 3
By thevampirediariesaf

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia opened the door of the Mikaelson mansion, stepping inside with ease and a small smile on her face. Kol was in the living room playing on the newly bought X-BOX, Klaus was reading a book in his office and Rebekah's eyes were glued onto Mia's laptop screen.

"Do you guys know what day it is?" Mia asked, grabbing all of their attention, "it's Thanksgiving!"

"Ah–yes. The fictional dinner between the indigenous people and the pilgrims that seem to have created a cultural tradition," Klaus sighed and turned a page, "what's the fuss about?"

"Every year my sisters and I would celebrate Thanksgiving together as a reminder that we'll always be here for each other. Since they're not exactly here anymore, I wanted to celebrate with you guys to carry on the tradition."

Rebekah looked up from the screen and made eye-contact with Klaus. They both felt badly for the poor girl, so Rebekah nodded her head.

"Why not? We haven't spent Thanksgiving with each other in ages either. It'll be fun planning it," Rebekah looked over at her brothers, "Nik?"

"What are you talking about? Remember the holidays in Bulgaria–"

"I was daggered."

"Then the time in the Himalayas–"

Kol turned around, "I was daggered too."

Klaus pursed his lips for a second and shut his book, "fine. I suppose our family time is long over due."

Mia laughed and clapped her hands together, "okay! We need to buy the ingredients for everything–"

"Ingredients? We're cooking?" Rebekah widened her eyes, "I've never cooked in my life."

"We always cook our food. Buying the thing already made is just as expensive."

"That's why we compel–"

"If Mia would rather cook everything from scratch than we should do the same. It's never fun to rain on someone's traditions, is it Rebekah?" Klaus defended Mia, earning a smile from her and a glare from his sister, "where's the list?"

"We should split into teams–we're going to need three. One to buy the main course ingredients, desserts, and the decorations," Mia scrolled through her phone screen, "so–Klaus and I will buy the savory foods. Kol and Rebekah will buy the desserts. Danielle and Elijah are teaming up to buy the decorations."

"You called my brother?" Klaus furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

She smiled and titled her head a little, "Thanksgiving is to be celebrated with everyone they love."

Rebekah sighed and placed her hands on her hips, "well–come on, Kol. We have a lot to do, this list is lengthy and that doesn't include the directions on baking. Come on–turn off that stupid game!"

"Alright!" Kol rolled his eyes and turned off the console, "by the way–I'm not helping you bake."

"Why do you have to be such an ass!?" Rebekah shut the door behind them as they walked towards her car. Mia spun around towards Klaus with a grin.

"Time to go shopping!"

Klaus angrily stood on the side of the aisle while Mia was picking out a nice turkey. The supermarket was crowded today since every soul in Mystic Falls decided to do some last minute shopping. People and children were walking around with lists, taking photos of ingredients, and arguing on the phone.

"Why the bloody hell is it so crowded?" Klaus complained and rested chin on his hand, "it'd be a lot easier if you tell me what we needed."

"Here," Mia ripped the paper list in half and handed the rest to him, "have fun getting through it."

He eyed her before speeding away. She was right to doubt him– Klaus wasn't sure what brand of stuffing she wanted. Or if Mia would rather have diary-free whipped cream rather than almond milk. He decided to take one of everything; it was better safe than sorry.

"Out of all the places you could've been. I wouldn't think Klaus Mikaelson would be looking for gravy mixture."

Klaus turned around and saw Stefan holding a can of condensed milk. He grinned at his friend, who was also shopping around for the occasion.

"I take it Caroline ordered you to bring something to the table."

Stefan chuckled, "it's for Friendsgiving. She invited Mia over too, but she said she was busy. I take it Mia dragged you along?"

"Yes, well.. It's been awhile since I've celebrated the holidays and I thought why the hell not?" Klaus smiled, "she was overjoyed at our compliance."

"She just wants to spend time with the people she loves. That's something anyone can understand," Stefan nodded, "I have to go and buy some canned corn. Nice seeing you here– I guess." He dissapered into the crowd.

People she loves? Klaus thought to himself for a second, Mia?

Mia appeared behind Klaus with the finished items, "okay– now we have to get home and cook this. It takes three hours for the turkey to be ready. That's before stuffing it– Klaus?"

He turned around, barely noticing her behind him, "you about done?"

"Yeah– are you?" Mia knitted her brows together, "wait. Why is there so much stuff?"

"Never mind that. Let's go to the line and pay already."

"You brought money?"

"You know what I mean."

"Bekah, look! They're ginger bread people. Should we get one for all of us?"

"No!" Rebekah slapped her brother's hand, "we're here to buy hot chocolate and marshmallows! And pumpkin pie–stop looking at the Christmas lights!"

"Why can't we jump right into the Christmas holiday?"

"It's not winter yet! Can you help me?" Rebekah showed him the list, "you've got this half and I'll get these."

"It seems like I've got much more to do–"

"GO!" She shoved him ahead and grabbed a basket to carry the ingredients in. They didn't have much of a list to follow since the dinner consisted of mostly savory foods, but all the stores were running low on desserts. Rebekah and Kol already went to three different stores without completing their list.

When they went tot he fourth one, it was crowded as well. Rebekah did her best by speeding past people and quickly grabbing items before someone else took them. The last thing she needed was vanilla ice cream and there was plenty of that in the aisle.

"What are you doing here?"

Rebekah turned around and saw Caroline next to her. She was looking for desserts as well and this was her local shop, but Caroline didn't expect an Original to be out for the day.

"Shopping. What's the issue?"

"I expected you ripping necks off. Not ripping ice cream lids off," Caroline squinted her eyes, "who are spending Thanksgiving with?"

"My family. Who else?" Rebekah shrugged her shoulders and closed the fridge after picking up a few ice cream tubes, "Who are you spending it with?"

"Are you spending it with Mia? Is that why she couldn't come to Friendsgiving?"

"She asked us first thing in the afternoon. Why are you so crabby? Isn't everyone suppose to be thankful today?"

"I just thought Mia deserved to be with people that are actually nice."

Rebekah scoffed, "you're hardly nice. If Mia actually considered you a friend than she would've wanted to spend her precious time with you instead. Excuse me– I've got a dinner to plan."

She turned around to find her brother. Kol was in the video game section playing with one of the newest devices.

"KOL!" Rebekah yelled loudly, "did you even get everything?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's there in the basket," Kol replied without looking up from the screen, "it's called a Nintendo Switch. Doesn't it look fun?"

Rebekah rolled her eyes again and ripped him off the console, "we're leaving."

"Give me chance to buy it–"

"WE"RE LEAVING."

"Should we buy these?"

"Yeah."

"These look nice."

"Yeah, we can buy those too."

"Okay."

Elijah and Danielle were awkwardly finding the decorations for the dinner. Since she only talked with Klaus, it was hard for her to be comfortable with any other original. Danielle offered to buy the decorations only, but Mia wanted her to go with Elijah just in case anything bad happened.

"I think that's enough. All we need to is to buy the projector and speaker."

"Alright."

While they were walking to the electronics aisle, Danielle ran into Matt Donovan. He widened his eyes at Elijah, then back at Danielle.

"Uh.. what?" Matt asked with confusion.

Danielle sighed, "he's in town for Thanksgiving. Mia invited him and we're buying a few decorations."

Elijah nodded, "nice to see you, Matt. You've been doing well?"

"Sort of.." Matt tugged on his basket, "well.. I'll see you around." He walked away quickly to purchase his items. Danielle exhaled as the two of them finished their shopping spree and rode back to the Mikaelson house.

There, Klaus and Mia were struggling to stuff the turkey while Rebekah and Kol were mashing the potatoes by hand.

"You're not doing it right! THE RECIPE SAID IT SPREAD THE WINGS OUT!" Mia yelled at Klaus, who was holding the turkey up in the air.

"THAT'S AFTER COOKING IT!" Klaus yelled back and placed it on the aluminium tray, "the oven's already hot!" He carried it inside and sighed loudly.

"We should put the bread in there to save time," Mia unwrapped the Hawaiian bread and placed them on a tray to bake, "hey Danielle. Did you guys want to set up in the dinner area?"

She snapped out of her staring trance, "sure. I'll go ahead and do that– you should set up the projector." She nodded at Elijah and went to decorate the living room and table.

The Lennoxs and the Mikaelsons spent the rest of the afternoon cooking and baking for their Thanksgiving dinner. Through arguing, blender malfunctions, burnt bread rolls, and exploding chocolate, they were able to make it to the night and sit together. Danielle did her best–with the help of Pinterest– to set up the setting nicely. The empty and cold house felt at home, almost alive until Danielle started to play some music in the background.

"See! It wasn't that hard?" Mia smiled proudly at the homemade meals in front of them. Klaus chuckled and removed some of the mashed potato off of her cheek.

"We all made it alive. That's what I'm thankful for," Kol sighed and sat down, "shall we–"

"Pictures!" Mia took out her Polaroid camera and shook it, "it's never a holiday without pictures."

"Oh, hell.." Klaus muttered under his breath.

"I heard that. Let's all take a few before eating!"

Kol whined, "the food is gonna get cold–"

"Say cheese!" Mia took a picture of them and the camera shuttered. They all had no choice but to comply to her picture taking. Rebekah was the only other one excited by it– she was allowed to take a few on her own. After they all finished posing, they settled down to eat.

"Is there a prayer? Something we should say before we commence?" Elijah asked Mia just in case there was another family tradition to follow.

"Hm.. I'd just like to say I'm thankful for having everyone here to celebrate with me. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," Mia said whole heartedly said and looked over at everyone, "thank you."

"I guess I'd like to thank you for bringing us all together," Rebekah spoke up, "I can't remember the last fun thing I've done with my older brothers."

Klaus was offended, "remember that time–"

"We were daggered," Kol and Rebekah said at the same time, making Mia laugh to herself.

And the rest of the night consisted of long talks at the dinner table, even Danielle joined in on the debate they were having about the pros and cons on eating meat. Elijah started to open up– Mia could tell after the numerous amount of dad jokes he told– and once they were all done eating, they all participated in playing Wii-Sports together. However, they had to stop, due to the competitive nature between Klaus and Mia. After almost throwing the remote on the ground, Mia thought it would better if they all sat down to watch a movie. To match everyone's interest, Danielle thought it would be best if they watched a superhero movie, in which she chose the Marvel series.

Mia laid down next to Klaus, placing her head his shoulder and his head on top of hers; Rebekah was spread across the couch with her legs on top of Elijah and Kol's and Danielle was falling asleep slowly next to her. Everyone was invested in the cinematic movie playing in front of them, they didn't leave much room to talk or discuss.

Klaus managed to sneak closer to Mia, having his hand intertwine with hers as she also fell asleep. He was happy enough to be next to her and just hearing her breath.

And as Mia drifted away, her lips curved into a smile as she thought about the time everyone spent together. The truth was she  hated cooking and preparing for Thanksgiving, but she made up an excuse to bring everyone together. All she wanted was to spend time with them– the turkey and ham were an extra addition.

Although her whole family couldn't be here, Mia was more than happy to be with these people right here.

▬ ▬ ▬

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (if you celebrate) I decided to make a one shot for this holiday. It's unrelated to the series right now, but it's a little short chapter on what the characters would do for Thanksgiving.

Kara spent Thanksgiving with the Mystic Falls group– don't worry! I didn't want to write about it because this book is about Mia :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 240 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...
1.1M 41K 89
When her mother announced they were moving once again, this time to a small town in Virginia, Emma assumed it was just one more search for a fresh st...
809K 22.1K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
20.4K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...