Forever ➼ BOOK 1 (Klaus Mikae...

By thevampirediariesaf

Mia Lennox and her sisters have been trying to find her runaway parents for years, meeting dead ends and find... More

DISCLAIMER
༺ part one ༻
Ch. 1 ↬ "Mystic Falls."
Chapter 2 ↬ "As real as vampires and werewolves."
Chapter 3 ↬ "Rippers."
Chapter 4 ↬ "Klaus Mikaelson."
Chapter 5 ↬ "What a bitch!"
Chapter 6 ↬ "I'm Elijah."
Chapter 7 ↬ "Hello, vampire demon."
Chapter 8 ↬ "Gotta love Mother Nature."
Chapter 9 ↬ "Kara is a monster."
Chapter 10 ↬ "He's not joking."
Chapter 11 ↬ "My shadow self."
Chapter 12 ↬ "Thanks for the tip, wolfie."
Chapter 13 ↬ "Just one little fwoosh."
Chapter 14 ↬ "You look like hell."
Chapter 15 ↬ "Chicago."
Chapter 16 ↬ "Three sad orphans."
Chapter 17 ↬ "Home sweet home."
Chapter 18 ↬ "I'm here to get revenge."
Chapter 19 ↬ "Blaming me for your mistakes."
Chapter 20 ↬ "Old time's sake."
Chapter 21 ↬ "I'm using you."
Chapter 22 ↬"Mia Lennox."
Chapter 23 ↬"Bacon pancakes."
Chapter 24 ↬ "Pizza Mikaelson!"
Chapter 25 ↬ "Let's go to New Orleans."
Chapter 26 ↬ "You better run."
Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."
Chapter 28 ↬ "Daddy issues."
Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."
Chapter 30 ↬ "An eye for an eye."
Chapter 31 ↬ "Man of the hour."
Chapter 32 ↬ "You are pissing me off."
Chapter 33 ↬ "A hero is a villian in disguise."
Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."
Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"
Chapter 36 ↬ "Such a pest."
Chapter 37 ↬ "More than a friend."
Chapter 38 ↬ "Damon, shut up."
Chapter 39 ↬ "Super old, super creepy."
Chapter 40 ↬ "I'm no psychopath."
Chapter 41 ↬ "Courtesy of Matt Donavan."
Chapter 42 ↬ "Mystic Falls is bad luck."
Chapter 43 ↬ "She was supposed to live."
Chapter 44 ↬ "The goodbye book."
Chapter 45 ↬ "Mamma Mia."
Chapter 46 ↬ "Humans are sensitive."
Chapter 47 ↬ "Doppelgänger got your tongue?"
Chapter 48 ↬ "Always a sight to see."
Chapter 49 ↬ "Partners in crime."
༺ part two ༻
Ch. 51 ↬ "Silas will kill us all."
Ch. 52 ↬ "At this point it's finders keepers."
Extra ↬ "Thanksgiving Special."
Ch. 53 ↬ "Call it mercy."
Ch. 54 ↬ "I'm perfectly capable of being dead."
Ch. 55 ↬ "If it isn't little Miss Sunshine."
Ch.56 ↬ "So much for self-control."
Ch.57 ↬ "I like you better like this."
Ch.58 ↬ "Introducing her to a thousands hells."
Ch.59 ↬ "Make sure you rip her apart."
Ch.60 ↬ "Enjoy the highway back to hell."
Ch.61 ↬ "Something wicked has happened."
Ch.62 ↬ "Hi, I'm Euphoria."
Ch.63 ↬ "From a handmaiden to a queen."
Ch.64 ↬ "For power and glory."
Ch.65 ↬ "We can make new memories."
Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."
Ch.67 ↬ "Mother's intuition."
Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"
Ch.69 ↬ "You're not a hero then."
Ch.70 ↬ "This is home."
Ch.71 ↬ "Always and forever."
Ch.72 ↬ "Through the dark."
author's note ↬ "thank you for everything."
Next time on "The Vampire Diaries."
SEQUEL IS UP!

Ch. 50 ↬ "Go get 'em, Tiger."

682 17 5
By thevampirediariesaf

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Him," Kara pointed at the guy across the restaurant they were in. Finding vampires in Mystic Falls were harder than expected, especially with hybrids roaming around the place.

Jeremy clutched the stake in his jacket tightly, "how are you sure?"

"He's been compelling the bartender for an hour to give him free booze," She tapped her ear, "super hearing."

"What if they're just good friends?"

"He's literally looking at him in the eye and barking commands."

"Okay, what if this guy has a family? People that care about him?"

"Jeremy–" Kara rubbed her temple in frustration. "You've been surrounded by vampire friends and people for awhile now, it's hard to get used to hating them. But you've got to put that aside to save Elena."

She got up from her seat and walked towards the vampire, signaling for Jeremy to come follow her. Kara slyly motioned for the vampire to follow her too. Being caught in her mysterious gaze, the guy sped into the back alleyway of the bar.

Kara turned back around and crossed her arms, "hello."

Confused, the vampire observed every corner of the alley, "what do you want?"

When Jeremy was waiting behind the dumpster, he began to have second thoughts of the situation. He started to feel a little sympathy for the person. However, Kara had her mind set, and she sped towards the stranger, clutching his heart in her hands.

"Gilbert!" She called out as the vampire began to gasp for air, "now is your time!"

Jeremy got up from his spot and horrifyingly looked at the two, his breath shortening little by little from the stress and pressure.

"It'll be easier for him if you make this quick," Kara looked at the suffering person. "Come on, Jeremy. Or I'll force you to do this another way."

"Please," The vampire begged as he began to spit out blood, "please–please. I want to live. Please don't kill me."

"Stop. Talking. Jeremy– NOW!"

"He said he doesn't want to die!" Jeremy refused to kill the person, "I'm not going to be the one that decides that. Look, let's just find another one. We can–"

In a quick second, Kara pulled out the vampire's heart and let collapse dead onto the floor. She watched as his face began to desiccate and looked at the fearful expression Jeremy had.

"He already knew what we looked like, don't act so shocked. He would've came after us," Kara picked up his body to throw into the dumpster. Then wiped the remaining blood off with his shirt.

"He was begging for his life."

"Of course he was begging for his life! We were going to kill him!" Kara yelled in an annoyed tone, "no one wants to die, Jeremy. What else was he suppose to say?"

Defeated, Jeremy didn't respond to Kara as they continued to wander the streets for more vampires to kill. Time was ticking and he began to worry more about his sister's state of mind. Before they could go on any further, Kara's phone began to ring.

"Hey."

"How's it going with you and Jeremy?"

"Not good," She rolled her eyes, "we finally found one to kill, but he couldn't do it."

"Well you're going to have to find another soon. I found Elena, but she stabbed me when I was trying to help her. She thought I was one of her hallucinations."

"And?"

"And she escaped. I don't know where she is. I told Damon to find her."

"DAMON?" Kara rubbed her forehead, "if she's lost then we don't know much time we have until she kills herself. Look–Jeremy doesn't want to kill any innocent vampires. So I'm going to need a favor."

"Anything if it means to save her."

"Get one of Klaus's hybrids. Jeremy hates him and they serve him so–"

"Done. There's one here–Chris. I'm sure we can get to him easier."

"Great, then we'll be there soon," Kara hung up the receiver and grasped Jeremy's shoulder once again. "Don't want to kill anyone innocent? How about a sired hybrid to one of the most hated beings on earth?"

Jeremy furrowed his eyebrows before Kara sped him over to the base that Elena was suppose to be kept in. Stefan was waiting in the front for them, his worried expression being seen from a mile away.

"Here," Kara pulled out one of the special weapons that Connor had in his RV, "shoot him with these vervain darts to keep him passed out. Then chop off his head."

She looked over at Stefan, "is there anyone else in there?"

"Tyler and his friend, Hayley. I don't think it'll be much to handle."

"Go get 'em Tiger," Kara shoved Jeremy forward as they made their way towards the front. They heard the door open since Chris was getting ready to leave the facility, however, Jeremy already prepared the darts. The hybrid fell onto the floor, passed out, ready to be killed.

"No!" Hayley yelled and tried to intervene, but Jeremy had the hatchet out and successfully severed his neck. Kara and Stefan looked down at the body, then back at Jeremy.

"What the hell are you doing, man!" Tyler tried to grab onto Jeremy's collar, but Kara snapped his neck to stop him.

"Your tattoo? Did it grow?" She asked Jeremy. He looked down at his wrist; no one else could see, but he was able to tell the difference.

"Yeah," he nodded, "Elena?"

"She'll be okay," Kara assured both him and Stefan, "you're.. officially a vampire hunter now. That means whoever kills you will get the hunter's curse too."

Hayley pushed Kara against the wall, prepared to tear her apart, "how can you do that to your own pack!?"

With the least amount of effort, Kara grabbed Hayely's neck and began to choke her, "the word hybrid didn't even exist nine hundred years ago."

Her eyes turned red and black veins began to show, "I never understood that strong bond werewolves tend to have."

"W-Who–" Hayley's eyes began to water from pain and her feet were lifting off from the ground, "M-Mia–"

"I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself," Kara smiled, "hi! I'm Kara. Nice to meet you."

"Kara!" Stefan yelled to gather her attention, "we did what we had to do. Now let's go find Elena and make sure she's safe. It's already daylight."

She turned back to Hayley and smiled once more, "it was a good introduction. Maybe I'll learn more about you when we meet again."

Kara threw the wolf across the room and followed Stefan back into his car.

He explained he couldn't get in contact with Damon, so they were going to head back into the Gilbert household to wait for them. In the mean while, Kara was explaining the hunter's mark to Jeremy again.

"I'm sure you're going to get more information from Shane. Considering he's a freak majoring in freak studies. But the most important thing is that every time you kill a vampire and every time your mark grows.. The impulse to kill a vampire gets stronger."

"I don't mind that."

"Yeah? Well, you have to be. Since your sister's a vampire."

"I'm not going to kill the only family I have left," Jeremy sighed, "I wouldn't dream of it."

"The Five were made with very strong, dark magic," Kara crossed her arms, "you shouldn't be too sure."

In a few hours, Elena and Damon arrived back to the property with soaking wet clothes. Stefan and Jeremy were overjoyed with Elena's safety. Kara was just satisfied that her theory about the mark worked.

Damon walked over next to Kara and nodded, "thanks."

"It was nothing," Kara winked. She began to walk away from the scene and back to her other side task; finding more about Shane and what he had to do with his whole mess.

The next morning, Mia woke up in a panic over the unexpected turn of events last night.

It wasn't real. Was it? She widened her eyes and lifted up her sheets. Maybe last night was hot? Maybe I wanted to sleep fully nude?

Mia slowly shifted her eyes to the left and saw Klaus– sleeping soundly by her side.

Maybe this a hallucination? She shut her eyes tightly, biting her lip. Do I have the hunter's curse?

She sped across the room to quickly throw on her clothes, however, the girl should've known better than to sneak around an Original.

"Ouch. Not even a good morning?"

Mia put on her best uncomfortable as she rushed herself to get dressed faster, "good morning. Now, good-bye."

"I thought we could find ourselves in some pillow talk upon waking up," Klaus smirked as he watched Mia in a frenzy, "do you want my opinion on your performance–"

"No!"

"Then rate how I did."

Mia glanced over to look at his playful expression before sighing, "you know– while we were together last night, a few incidents happened."

She took out her phone, re-reading the text messages from Danielle last night, "Elena got away. It turns out Chris wasn't as loyal as you thought."

Klaus furrowed his eyebrows, confused and angered at the news, "what?"

"Stefan broke in, set his now ex-girlfriend free, and had Jeremy kill him. He avenged you," Mia rolled her eyes at the last part, "at least the hunter's curse has been resolved. And now I have to–"

Her sentence was paused when her phone began to rang. Caroline's number appeared on the screen, so Mia took the call outside of the bedroom.

"I don't want you to think I only call when I need someone, so please don't think that," Caroline's desperate voice said from the other line, "but tonight is Miss Mystic Falls and I would really love it if you helped."

"What happened to ignoring me because I killed your best friend?"

"Well, I wasn't ignoring you.. Just didn't feel appropriate to talk to you yet," Caroline sighed, "I may have been upset, but never mad."

"I don't even know what Miss Mystic Falls is."

"It's a beauty pageant for all the founding family's daughters. It happens before they reach 18– it'd be better if I told you those over hanging ribbons on the staircase?"

Mia shrugged her shoulders. Out of the group, Caroline was the only one she really liked. Her opinions on Damon fluctuate daily.

"Sure. I'll be right over there."

"And whoever sets up has to attend the event."

"What? Are you serious–"

"Bye!"

The line went dead and Mia slightly smiled at her playful attitude. She started to make her way out of the household, but Klaus foot steps were already behind her.

"I was wondering what time I'll picking you up?"

"Excuse me?" Mia furrowed her eyebrows, "picking me up for what?"

"The Miss Mystic Falls pageant of course– what else?"

She crossed her arms, "you're not going to a founder's party organized by Caroline Forbes."

"If you're going.." Klaus smiled, "why shouldn't I?"

It's impossible to convince him to not, Mia thought to herself, "okay. Fine– no surprise dresses and no chocolates from New York, even if they're very much appreciated."

He opened his mouth to ask another question, but Mia quickly beat him to it.

"We're going to meet there. No need to rent a limo or a pumpkin carriage," she sighed and went on her way to the venue.

Klaus sighed out of relief– he had never felt happier. Though Mia's actions said otherwise, he knew that somewhere she felt the same.

"Nice going, brother."

Kol appeared at the end of the long hallway. His lips curved into a smirk, "how long did it take you? A year and a half to finally get this one? The Nik I knew would've compelled his love to confessed her desires–"

"Aren't you bored," Klaus scowled at his presence, "hanging around here. Watching and listening to every conversation like you did in that box for centuries."

"I'm just trying to get used to everything. People have changed so much. They used to show what they're feeling, expressing it in every which way, but.. It seems like they choose to bury them," Kol exhaled, "it seems like you do it too."

His implying insult caused Klaus to lunged towards his brother. The two of them started to push and shove each other– making a mess of the newly furnished living room.

"Come on, Nik! It's just a joke!" Kol whined, "is your bad mood due to Mia's distance? It's not my fault she can't fully love you–"

"You're an annoyance, Kol–"

"I've been known as one for years," He laughed, "I wanted to have a brotherly conversation. Perhaps we still can't have that. Well, I guess I'll see you in the evening then. I need to rent another suit and tie."

In seconds, he was gone and left Klaus by himself in a rotten mood.

Mia set foot in the venue that held the event. She saw Caroline with a clipboard, writing stuff down while staring at others.

"Hey," She greeted her with hands in her pocket, "how is it bossing people around?"

"I'm not bossy– I'm just telling people what to do," Caroline sighed and held the clipboard towards her chest, "Elena talked to me about the curse yesterday. Not to spoil anything, but she feels bad for everything she did to you."

"Really? That sounds.. unbelievable."

"As much as people make it out to be– I don't think you're that bad of a person."

"That bad?"

Caroline smiled, "well.. no one's perfect."

"Glad to know what you really think of me," Mia smiled, "what about Matt? And Tyler?"

"..I think you should focus on Miss Mystic Falls right now. Like–" Caroline dragged Mia over to the truck parked on the side, "taking these tables out!"

"Okay," Mia shook her head as she laughed it off. She was running around for the next hour completing tasks that took three people. The place was starting to look presentable and Mia was going to talk to Caroline before someone else showed up.

"Hello love. Haven't seen you since you ditched me for that girl's trip," Kol was leaning against the railing of the backyard staircase.

Mia widened her eyes, turned around to see if Caroline was here, and looked back at him.

"Anytime an Original appears out of no where, it's a threat."

He smirked at her response, "I just wanted to chat with you. Catch up on the matter of things– what is it people do these days? Grab a cup of coffee?"

"I'm very busy today," Mia raised her eyebrows, "I have to attend the Miss Mystic Pageant."

"You're attending a founder's events organized by your blonde friend?"

"Yes– she invited me. Or forced me to go," She sighed and started to fix the ribbons that the boys messed up, "I'm gonna be there all day so if you'll excuse me–"

Kol grabbed hold of her wrist as she brushed past him. Due to his heightened strength, it was difficult for Mia to push him off.

"Then I'll see you at the pageant. If you're willing to go, it shouldn't be that bad."

"Kol– let go," She grunted and took back her wrist, "even if you do come, I won't talk to you."

"We'll see about that!" Kol yelled as Mia finally managed to get away from him and back to the front of the venue.

Elena was there, depressingly helping Caroline with the decorations. Embarrassed, Mia tried to avoid the girl's gaze, but she failed. As always.

"Mia?" Elena called her name, causing her to turn around on, "are you trying to avoid me?"

"What? No– who-who would avoid you?" Mia laughed it off and bit her lip, "what's up?"

"After the whole.. hunter's curse thing.. I had hallucinations of– well, you," Elena sighed, "and I just want to apologize for everything. I knew what your situation was and I took advantage of that. I get why you killed me– sort of. I'm sorry."

She nodded her head, "yeah– I listened in on your conversation with the brick walls and heard my name a couple times so.. Apology accepted. I hope vampirism treats you well."

Elena nodded as well, "I'll see you."

Mia took off with wide eyes, appalled at Elena owning up to her own mistakes. She made her way towards her house where Danielle was sitting down.

"Hey," Danielle greeted her sister while she walked in, "I'm looking over the research that Shane gave me. And by the look on your face you're worried about something– what's bothering you?" She shoved the papers to the side.

"Nothing– I'm fine," Mia placed her hand on her hips, "I'm just a little taken back on how social I've been this morning."

"Social? You like being social."

"I know. It's just.. A little much sometimes," Mia's mind began to think about her night with Klaus, "I'm gonna be attending a founding party tonight too–"

"The Miss Mystic Pageant? I'm gonna be there. Not to be in it, but my friend April is running. So I'm gonna support her."

"That's good– that's nice," Mia tried to get her focus on something else, "what's the update on Silas?"

"I think– umm," Danielle noticed how jittery her sister was, "something about him is connected to my magic– hey, are you sure you're okay?"

"I said I'm fine," Mia stopped pacing across the living room, "why are you asking?"

"Because you're walking around like a maniac."

Michelle trudged down the stairs of their home with a bottle of soda in her hand. Mia– completely shocked– stared at her in disbelief. She hadn't seen Michelle since– well.. Since the day she died.

"Why are you here right now?" was the only question and train of thought that could be process from Mia.

Michelle smiled and set the bottle down "I thought that I should come home. Maybe teach you a thing or two about being a vampire."

Danielle added, "I called her to come visit last night. Took a lot of convincing to make her believe you didn't hate her."

"Come on," Michelle gestured towards the backyard, "let's take a walk."

"I know you didn't just come here because Danielle told you to."

The two sisters were walking around the backwoods of their house, which lead to a hiking trail often used by Stefan. There were no signs of him yet, so they were relaxed.

"You think I came because I care about you?"

"You care about me not talking to a specific hybrid," Mia corrected, "I'm sure."

Michelle laughed, "actually I've been worried sick. Until Rebekah assured me that she was going to take care of you. Or in her words– we'll take care of her,"

She quoted Rebekah in an english accent, "how is she? I haven't heard from her in awhile."

"Daggered. I'm getting Klaus to bring her back. You missed a lot while gone."

"I'm sure," Michelle raised her brows, "Danielle told me about Elena, Sage– Kara?"

"I don't think I need to explain anything else," Mia rubbed her forehead, "transitioning was hard and I still had loose ends from when I was human. I just– I don't know, I–"

"Couldn't believe you were dead," Michelle finished with a depressed expression, "you couldn't believe you were dead so you needed something to bring you into reality."

"That's a good way to put it," Mia kicked a leaf out of her way.

"When I first turned, I wasn't a saint, you know? I killed the first human I laid my eyes on. Then the next five that were watching me feed," Michelle gave an insight to what she was like, "it didn't feel good. It was the worse feeling in world, but it was me. I needed to accept it. Because if I didn't, then I wouldn't be able to survive. So you need to get used to being a hybrid. Or you'll die– no second chances."

Mia took a deep breath in, "I've got blood lust under control. No sire bond– no more loose ends. I'm fine."

"No loose ends?" Michelle smirked, "so I guess Klaus Mikaelson isn't a loose end?"

"Stop–"

"He was part of your human life. He's moved on to your afterlife– what's the matter?" She wiggled her shoulders, "is there something you need to confess? Desires? Tendencies? Thoughts?"

Mia laughed and looked at the blue sky above, "maybe.. perhaps.. there was a night where the two of us kissed and something–"

"NOO!"

Michelle covered her ears, "that's it. That's all I needed to hear– I don't wanna hear anything about his body or his lips."

The two girls bursted out in laughter together. A visit from her sister was what Mia needed– a small reminder of her life before.

"Mia, I didn't leave because I hated you," Michelle became serious again, "I left because.. I thought it was my fault. I should've told you guys sooner about Kara and everything and–"

"Everyone thinks it's their fault. It's really not," Mia shrugged her shoulders, "I get why you left. There was nothing here for you anymore. Mystic Falls did no good for you. And Danielle and I may have found a place in this mess– it's not fair for you to stay for us. Besides, we're going to be alive in the next thousand years or so."

"Yeah– vampire sisters," Michelle bumped into Mia with a smile, "I'm just glad that you finally get to move on. Not saying that I wanted our parents dead, but.. Now there's no burden to carry."

"I suppose. I'd really like them here though," Mia exhaled, "oh– what time is it? I need to be at the Miss Mystic Pageant soon."

"You have–" Michelle took out her phone from her jacket, "–thirty minutes to get ready."

"Bye!" Mia waved at her before dashing towards the house again. She was looking through her closet frantically, almost breaking the hangers in the process. After making a mess of the room, Mia found a simple dress to wear. Baby blue satin with short heeled shoes.

There wasn't anytime to do hair or makeup, but she quickly brushed her hair and did something to shape her face a little. Danielle had already left, so Mia guided herself back to the party.

She was highly impressed at the finished product. Caroline was busy managing tables to say hi, Elena wasn't anywhere to be found, neither of Salvatore brothers were here yet either. Kara wouldn't want to be here and Hayley was the least expected to show up.

This is what it feels like to have no friends again, Mia reminisced of the time she'd be the new girl of the school. She walked around for a little bit to try and act social, but people already knew each other.

"You look stunning," Klaus appeared in a suit and tie. He cleaned up well, "you always do."

Mia couldn't help, but smile. She was genuinely happy to see him again, "and you look.. perfect."

Klaus lips formed into a grin and he looked down at his shoes as he blushed.

"So perfect that I'm actually jealous of how well put you are," Mia walked closer to him and adjusted his slightly crooked tie. In her eyes, they were crooked.

"Thousands of parties will set a standard somehow."

"I can see that," She stepped back and looked at him again, "it's weird not seeing you in the usual long sleeve and necklace."

He laughed, "I'll take that as another compliment– I suppose."

Caroline was a few tables behind Klaus, but her focus was somewhere behind Mia. She looked back, seeing Hayley in a pretty red dress, walking with Tyler hand-in-hand.

"That's– that girl. Hayley," Mia gasped at what she was looking at. Supposedly she had missed out on a lot too.

"Will your friend be alright? Caroline?" Klaus glanced back at her. She was angered at the two of them, nonetheless hid her feelings by bossing people around.

"I hope. Or I'll have to speak to Hayley myself," Mia slightly joked, "let's just get through today."

Klaus and Mia walked side-by-side towards the meadows of the venue. It was a large property, so they had plenty of privacy time for themselves. He couldn't help but steal a bottle of champagne and glasses for the two of them.

"How's the situation with Elena?" He asked, "you've always seemed preoccupied about her."

"Given that she's been through so much in so little time just makes me feel guilty for killing her," Mia began her rant, "I talked to her today and god– she looked miserable. Actually dead and– ugh. I just want you to find the cure to put the girl out of her misery."

"Very peculiar," Klaus smiled.

"What?" Mia glared at him, "what does that even mean?"

"Just sounds familiar. That's all. I'm working on finding it," He said as the two of them sat down on a nearby bench.

Mia's curiosity wandered, "would you ever take it?"

He raised an eyebrow, "now why would I ever cure myself of being one of the most powerful creatures on the plant? Hm?" He opened up the champagne bottle with a pop.

"So you're telling me there has not been one day where you wanted to become human? Not once?"

Klaus poured their glasses, "how about you? You've never wanted to become a hybrid."

Mia sneaked a smirk and continued to drink, remembering the words of her older sister.

"Don't you miss the days of being.. lead captain in a travel ball soccer team and head of the creative writing club–" Klaus pulled out a piece of paper from his jacket and stood up from his seat.

Mia widened her eyes in horror of the too familiar words that he read, "is that my Mystic Grill application? Where did you get that!?" She attempted to grab it, but Klaus pulled back quickly.

"When working under pressure, I keep a steady hand on my work and continue to carry out the job responsibly– I enjoy the choice of when here. It's very confident," Klaus smiled widely at his amusement, "I intend to improve the workspace, influence the attitude of my co-workers and present a bright future for our business– clearly we're running out of ideas here."

"Yes– very funny, give it– give it back!" Mia tried to steal the paper away again, but Klaus teased her by stepping backwards a few steps.

She gave up, but not without laughing at what was happening and sitting back down. They continued to enjoy their drinks together. Talking on and on about random stuff that didn't concern them. They began to act more as friends after last night– finally giving each other a chance to see who they really are.

Kol dropped by to pay a visit to Mia after promising to. He was watching as they giggled and smiled and did everything possibly annoying.

"What does she see in him? I don't understand," Kol compelled a woman next to him into a conversation. He picked up a few grapes and began to snack, "clearly she must be compelled to speak to him. Stay with him– sleep with him, even."

"Klaus Mikaelson?" The woman seemed to know his brother, "well.. He's hot– super smart. Charming. He has an accent."

"I have an accent."

She glanced at him, "he looks like he really likes her. Who wouldn't fall for a guy like him?"

Kol squeezed the grape with his fingers, "stop talking." He continued to stare at them and listen to what they were saying.

They grew bored of sitting down and decided to walk around the garden to admire the scenery. As they did, Klaus slipped his hands into Mia's, making it seem if the two of them were really together.

"I never answered your question. If I ever thought of becoming human," Klaus wanted to be honest with Mia, "Once. I was on a trek in the Andes, a hummingbird flew up to me, and just hovered there staring at me. It's tiny heart was pattering like a machine gun.. And I thought what a thing, you know, to have to work that hard everyday to stay alive. To be constantly on the verge of death. And how satisfying its day must be knowing that it survived. And that's the only time I've ever thought about being human."

Although his explanation only lasted a minute, it was enough for Mia to understand how she felt about Klaus. And it wasn't with the help of last night, or what people thought about them– it was what he was saying now. It was the moment where in his eyes, she saw how good and human Klaus Mikaelson really is.

"What a surprise. I didn't think you two would show," Kol acted as if he just arrived, "are you two staying? They're about to crown the queen– let's have a look."

Mia pursed her lips and exchanged glances with Klaus, who only focused his attention on the announcement. Caroline and Elena were on stage as they were hosting this year's pageant.

"This year's Miss Mystic is.. April Young!" Caroline crowned a young girl with sleek black hair and blue eyes. When the ceremony was done, the two brought their eyes back to Kol.

"That's it? No dance afterwords?" He groaned, "that's a pity."

"Kol. What is going on?" Mia crossed her arms, "why are you here?"

"I wanted to visit you. Maybe even accompany my brother– we might as well be family now, right?" Kol laughed, "where's Rebekah– may I ask?"

"After hanging out with you, I learned that your version of fun is killing people," Mia whispered-yelled, "this is not a place to hang out in!"

"Easy, love. You're making a scene," Klaus placed his hand on her shoulder. Out of all, he knew how to handle Kol and his temperaments.

"Of course my brother means no harm. Only to say a few greetings before moving on," He warned.

"Right," Kol smiled, "I wouldn't want to be placed back into a box for the next century. How about more drinks?"

"We're actually on our way home. Thank you for the offer," Klaus guided Mia towards the car.

"Don't do that, Nik," Kol's eye veins began to show, "I'll be bored if I'm left alone."

"Stop!" Mia ran towards him and pushed the waiter out of the way, "stop– stop. We weren't on our way home.. We were in our way to eat! At a fancy dinner place that Klaus chose."

She looked at them both, signaling for Klaus to speak up.

He rolled his eyes, "Mia was craving for sushi and I suggested a fitting restaurant out of town. We'll be there awhile."

"Do you want to join us?" Mia plastered a smile, "the more the merrier?"

"Sure," Kol's face relaxed and he followed them into the car.

The whole ride was awkward silence, but funny for Kol himself. Klaus ordered the driver to take them two hours away into a random Japanese restaurant Mia found on the internet.

When they arrived, seated and ordered, Kol started up a conversation about their family's past.

"You would've loved Nik as a human, Mia. He was always so gentle, so sensitive. Never started up a fight."

"Kol. Stop–" Klaus grew embarrassed.

"No, Kol. Continue," Mia wanted to know more of Klaus's past.

"For starters he would always be carving wood of some kind. Anything that had to do with art and anything to avoid responsibility of some kind," He chuckled, "didn't take away how mischievous he was sometimes."

"Well, mischievous ended up turning us immortal forever," Klaus folded his hands together, "I guess that never treated us right."

Mia took note of his uneasy expression, so she moved on from the subject, "what about you, Kol? What were you like as a human? Can you remember?"

Kol squinted his eyes and shook his head, "I remember chasing my older brothers around to play. They'd eventually give in, but I'd always annoy them for another around."

"So? You were still annoying as a human?" Mia laughed at her own joke.

"No," Kol chuckled, "but I was happier. We were witches before we turned. If you know anything about them, they're connected with nature. Our mother just did the opposite to us."

Mia began to feel guilty for them, "I'm sorry that happened."

"No worries. Being a vampire can be fun, don't you think?" Kol smiled at the waitresses that brought in the food speedily, "you've been adjusting comfortably."

"She has had a handful of people helping her. Including you–" Klaus pointed out, "I don't see why she wouldn't be comfortable."

I'm pretty uncomfortable right now, Mia began to indulged in her spicy tuna roll to ease her bloodlust.

"I'm just saying, Nik. Being a vampire isn't for anyone– we've turned many people into monster and left them for dead."

Klaus sighed, "if you're trying to pick an argument, Kol, then now isn't the time to."

"Why? You don't want your new little girlfriend to find out about your darker past? If you're going to show her the good, why not the bad to make it interesting?"

"Kol, we came here to eat sushi. Not talk about moral dilemmas," Mia suggested for him to calm down, "so why don't–"

"Actually, this is quite boring. I would rather eat some real food," Kol got up and started to compel the whole restaurant. The owner flipped the sign, signaling new customers that the place was closed to ensure privacy.

"Why are you just sitting there? It's free food!" Kol shouted from across the room and dug into a man's neck.

Klaus cleared his throat before getting up from his seat, "would you like to leave?"

Mia's heart began to beat faster as she smelled the blood dripping, "no– maybe a bite or two won't hurt."

She stood up as Klaus watched Mia pick her victim. When she was about to bite into his neck, she spotted his daughter sitting down at the table.

"Oh my god. Oh my god," Mia looked around and saw that there were other little kids there. She ran over to Kol and pushed him back, "Kol! There are kids here– what the hell are you thinking?"

"They can be compelled to forget everything. Ease up," Kol set his victim down on a chair and wiped his mouth.

Mia, upset, began to compel everyone to leave the restaurant. Klaus aided her in some ways, knowing that she wasn't rational when she was angered.

"What are you doing?" Kol questioned when the last of the people were leaving, "why–"

"I think we're going. Try to find a proper way to find food," Mia brushed past him and took Klaus's hand as they left.

"You said so yourself, darlin'. This isn't a night for moral dilemmas!" Kol shouted back, but they were already out of the area.

Klaus and Mia sat together in the car, telling the driving to go ahead without any instruction.

"I know my brother can be a little–"

"Weird? No, I get it," Mia crossed her legs and looked out the window, "just don't understand."

He thought of a way that would cheer her up. Something that would take her mind of things, "you know, speakeasies and big band swing ended in the 40's. But there's always been one place where society and time hasn't affected its ways."

Mia titled her head, "where's that?"

The couple arrived at a bar in the middle of nowhere. Mia knew they were somewhere in the same state, just not exactly where.

It was jazz club filled with people of all kinds from across the world. Klaus discovered the place by the help of his old friend; not only did it duplicate the twenties era, but it was run by a group of vampires that were from that era. Building their own bar that was hidden with a locator spell and kept themselves excluded, it was the perfect place to have fun.

"Have a dance with me?" Klaus asked for Mia's hand on the floor.

She needed another second to look around. They were all dressed in dresses, feathers and suits; she had to fit in. Mia compelled a girl to hand her a crown before she could accept Klaus's offer.

"Sure!" Mia exclaimed and the two of them walked towards the middle of the floor.

They began to dance crazily to upbeat drums and saxophone– time was truly left untouched. In midst of their fun, they stopped only when they wanted to feed on some of the guests. Which was only allowed if you remembered to compel them– the owners say.

And that's how the rest of the night went until the band stopped the tempo, allowing one slow song for them.

"Did you feel sorry for how uncomfortable I was and decided to cheer me up?" Mia asked as they danced together with the song, "because it worked."

"I can't treat a lady to a dance and drinks?" Klaus smiled and leaned in closer so their foreheads touched, "I wanted to have a proper date."

"Like those dates in Chicago didn't count?"

"If I can recall, you were still pretending to be Kara," Klaus smiled, "I never got the chance to be with Mia."

He spun her around once more and their dancing seeped into early morning before heading home.

As for Mystic Falls, Michelle was at a bar as well, drinking away her sorrows by herself. She was asking for constant shots from the compelled bartender who kept the joint open for her.

The doors of the building open and closed, indicating that a new person was here.

"They're not open yet," Michelle finished another bottle and looked over to see who it was, "you?"

Jeremy Gilbert was standing at the end of the table, "I saw you through the window and thought.. She looks familiar."

"Mia's sister– yeah. Can I get drunk in peace now?"

"Did you know she killed Elena? Turned her into a vampire?"

"That's tough. I'm sure they found a way to settle things," Michelle poured herself more, "I don't care about that anymore. All I know is that Mia felt bad and now Elena's a vampire."

"She's been through a lot, you know. Elena. She's been feeding on people like a monster, she's had the hunter's curse and killed me. It's like a never ending nightmare. To top it off– she's gonna be in it forever."

"Yeah, that's the thing about being a vampire. You're either a new person or something from the past. Whichever she is, dude, let her handle it. She's got infinity to figure out how to get out."

"I know, I wish I could help her," Jeremy looked for the weapon in his pocket, "but even though Elena forgave Mia– I never will."

He shot Michelle with a few wooden bullets, causing her to fly back a few feet and into paralyzation. She attempted to get up, but the vervain lodged into her heart stopped her.

"I'm gonna kill Mia's sister, like how she killed mine," Jeremy took out a wooden stake, "except she's not gonna know you're dead. No one will. You'll be buried 50 feet underground– or maybe in the Pacific Ocean– where no one can find out. And when I kill Mia, she'll realize what happened to you on the Other Side."

Jeremy drove the stake into Michelle's heart, killing her instantly and staring at into her eyes as the last breath left her mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 18.8K 92
Trapped for a thousand years in a coffin, only to be awoken by the brother of the person she'd been hidden from in the first place. It seemed her onl...
320K 8.3K 57
BEING REWRITTEN. IF CHAPTERS ARE MISSING, THEY'RE BEING EDITED AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN AN HOUR. It's been two years since Rory Forbes came back to M...
244K 4.8K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
2.1K 54 11
Cordelia Catapang decides it's time to discover the other half of herself. Born as a witch-werewolf, she grew up only grasping her witch side, but ne...