Forever ➼ BOOK 1 (Klaus Mikae...

By thevampirediariesaf

Mia Lennox and her sisters have been trying to find her runaway parents for years, meeting dead ends and find... More

DISCLAIMER
༺ part one ༻
Ch. 1 ↬ "Mystic Falls."
Chapter 2 ↬ "As real as vampires and werewolves."
Chapter 3 ↬ "Rippers."
Chapter 4 ↬ "Klaus Mikaelson."
Chapter 5 ↬ "What a bitch!"
Chapter 6 ↬ "I'm Elijah."
Chapter 7 ↬ "Hello, vampire demon."
Chapter 8 ↬ "Gotta love Mother Nature."
Chapter 9 ↬ "Kara is a monster."
Chapter 10 ↬ "He's not joking."
Chapter 11 ↬ "My shadow self."
Chapter 12 ↬ "Thanks for the tip, wolfie."
Chapter 13 ↬ "Just one little fwoosh."
Chapter 14 ↬ "You look like hell."
Chapter 15 ↬ "Chicago."
Chapter 16 ↬ "Three sad orphans."
Chapter 17 ↬ "Home sweet home."
Chapter 18 ↬ "I'm here to get revenge."
Chapter 19 ↬ "Blaming me for your mistakes."
Chapter 20 ↬ "Old time's sake."
Chapter 21 ↬ "I'm using you."
Chapter 22 ↬"Mia Lennox."
Chapter 23 ↬"Bacon pancakes."
Chapter 24 ↬ "Pizza Mikaelson!"
Chapter 25 ↬ "Let's go to New Orleans."
Chapter 26 ↬ "You better run."
Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."
Chapter 28 ↬ "Daddy issues."
Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."
Chapter 30 ↬ "An eye for an eye."
Chapter 31 ↬ "Man of the hour."
Chapter 32 ↬ "You are pissing me off."
Chapter 33 ↬ "A hero is a villian in disguise."
Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."
Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"
Chapter 36 ↬ "Such a pest."
Chapter 37 ↬ "More than a friend."
Chapter 38 ↬ "Damon, shut up."
Chapter 39 ↬ "Super old, super creepy."
Chapter 40 ↬ "I'm no psychopath."
Chapter 41 ↬ "Courtesy of Matt Donavan."
Chapter 42 ↬ "Mystic Falls is bad luck."
Chapter 43 ↬ "She was supposed to live."
Chapter 44 ↬ "The goodbye book."
Chapter 45 ↬ "Mamma Mia."
Chapter 47 ↬ "Doppelgänger got your tongue?"
Chapter 48 ↬ "Always a sight to see."
Chapter 49 ↬ "Partners in crime."
༺ part two ༻
Ch. 50 ↬ "Go get 'em, Tiger."
Ch. 51 ↬ "Silas will kill us all."
Ch. 52 ↬ "At this point it's finders keepers."
Extra ↬ "Thanksgiving Special."
Ch. 53 ↬ "Call it mercy."
Ch. 54 ↬ "I'm perfectly capable of being dead."
Ch. 55 ↬ "If it isn't little Miss Sunshine."
Ch.56 ↬ "So much for self-control."
Ch.57 ↬ "I like you better like this."
Ch.58 ↬ "Introducing her to a thousands hells."
Ch.59 ↬ "Make sure you rip her apart."
Ch.60 ↬ "Enjoy the highway back to hell."
Ch.61 ↬ "Something wicked has happened."
Ch.62 ↬ "Hi, I'm Euphoria."
Ch.63 ↬ "From a handmaiden to a queen."
Ch.64 ↬ "For power and glory."
Ch.65 ↬ "We can make new memories."
Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."
Ch.67 ↬ "Mother's intuition."
Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"
Ch.69 ↬ "You're not a hero then."
Ch.70 ↬ "This is home."
Ch.71 ↬ "Always and forever."
Ch.72 ↬ "Through the dark."
author's note ↬ "thank you for everything."
Next time on "The Vampire Diaries."
SEQUEL IS UP!

Chapter 46 ↬ "Humans are sensitive."

712 21 3
By thevampirediariesaf

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"You actually compelled a serial killer to forget everything?"

Rebekah woke Mia up early in the morning to teach her how to properly feed on humans. Another day passed by of not seeing Klaus or Kol and Mia began to grow a little suspicious.

"When I saw him, I just wanted to know where the rings were. Then, when I got closer and he started talking, I–" Mia shook her head, "I wanted to rip his throat out with my teeth. To drain his blood and have him scream in pain while I watched him die at my hands."

"Well, you're a vampire with werewolf instincts. There's nothing wrong with killing."

"No– Rebekah– I was so angry. I felt it in my stomach, coursing through my veins and into my head. There was no sense, no consequences– just the need to have him die."

She started to make sense of what Mia was saying.

"And when Kol tried to provoke me even more, my anger channeled onto him," Mia went on, "I didn't want to hurt him. But in that moment it didn't feel wrong."

"You're overwhelmed," Rebekah concluded, "with vampires, it's all about the hunger. Since you've conquered that part of yourself, maybe your biggest challenge are your emotions. Kinda like a balance."

"You sure?"

"I'd like to think so," Rebekah smiled, "anyways– I'm going to properly teach you how to civil in public."

"Rebekah being civil?" Mia arched her brow, "did you just take the hunting job because there wasn't anything else interesting?"

"Make all the jokes you want. Feeding on humans is harder than it looks," She rolled her eyes, "you've got to make sure the person has got no vervain at all– necklace, watch.. And when you've latched onto them, it's difficult to not overdo."

Rebekah smirked, "humans are sensitive."

Mia shrugged her shoulders and let her hands fall to the sides, "sounds easy enough. Who's the first target?"

"Nik told us townspeople are off limits for now," Rebekah crossed her arms, "doesn't mean we can't hitch a ride somewhere else. To a public school, a restaurant– a place you'd visit so often."

"Why can't we stay in Mystic Falls?" She questioned, "Why hasn't Klaus come back?"

"He's back," Rebekah continued the conversation as they walked to her car, "Tyler Lockwood had wooden bullets pierce through his body yesterday. A vampire hunter is in town."

"Vampire hunter?" Mia clarified and shut the passenger door, "like Alaric? When he was human?"

"No. When vampires started to break loose, so did hell. Witches needed a way to kill the ones that weren't sane," Rebekah explained.

"They were called the Brotherhood of the Five. Magically created humans with powered strength to take down vampires. They're equally as strong, can't be compelled, and are only goal driven to take down any of us. No matter who we are– they only know murder."

Chills run throughout Mia's spine, "What is he doing here?"

"No idea. Nik brought your pack into town for protection," Rebekah shook her head, "his name is Connor Jordan. Not only did he attempt to kill Tyler, he broke into his hospital bed and stole werewolf venom from him."

"What?" Mia was now bewildered, "now he's after hybrids for their toxin?"

"Seems so," She exhaled loudly, "don't you worry. We're not going to be in town for today, so–"

Rebekah pressed on the gas pedal, "–let's have a girl's trip."

Kara woke up early in the morning as well. She had a few tasks to complete and couldn't stand staying inside the boarding house for more than a minute.

When trotting down the stairs, Damon and Stefan were arguing about Elena's near-death experience.

"Great," Damon raised his brows at the sight of Kara, "one more person to join Stefan's side."

"I'm going to need a favor," Kara skipped to the point and held out the moonlight amulets that were in her hand, "these rings are of the deceased Lennox members."

He widened his eyes, "why does the fake daughter slash sister have them?"

"I found Sage the other night and compelled it out of him," She handed them to Damon, "give them to Mia. The girl is probably crazy stressed over where they are."

"Can't you do it yourself?" He sneered, "wouldn't your beloved family want to see your face?"

"Don't care how much you hate me– you like Mia way more," Kara pushed past him and walked past Stefan.

"Hey–" He stopped fixing his bike to talk, "I thought I told you about the hunter."

"Stefan," she smiled, "I know you're a very considerate person. Very kind– compassionate. Let me just remind you that I have lived for a thousand years and I know more about the dangers of the supernatural than you can ever think of. I'm going to find him. Probably find some information on his goals and be on my way back to redemption."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Stefan pursed his lips, "he can probably sense the evil radiating off of you."

"I'll be good," She laughed, "I'll come back alive– swear."

His lips curved into a small smile, "okay."

Stefan returned back to his work and Kara spun back on her heels towards the Lockwood mansion.

Last night, Tyler ran inside with wooden bullets piercing through his heart. Luckily, being half werewolf, it didn't kill him. While Kara was out compelling Sage, Stefan was pulling the hunter's bullets out.

They burned by the touch– she found one of them sitting inside a cup. When Kara recognized the emblem on them, there was a sense of deja vu that rose in her mind.

To start, she needed a clear idea of who she was dealing with. Upon arriving at the Lockwood residency, she saw that the doors were already opened and picked up on the conversation.

"I should've killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled– stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot. You lot are the reason Mia turned into a hybrid."

"Yeah, well, you used my body as a scapegoat after your death so maybe we're even."

"Not even close. But you hybrids are a dying breed, there's a limit to how much I can make of you. And I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left. Consider them your new bodyguards."

Once Kara heard Klaus leave the living room, she stepped inside with ease– Mayor Lockwood invited her in during the first founder's party. She smiled at the woman.

"Mia?" She chuckled in confusion, "or Kara?"

"Mia– you know, the good sister," She lied, "I just wanted to talk to Tyler, if that was possible."

Kara eyed the other hybrids in the room. Tyler told them to back off and the two continued their conversation in a separate room. Kara sat down on the chair and folded her hands.

"What is it, Kara?"

"Am I really that bad at acting?" She groaned, "I should take notes from Katherine..."

"What is it?"

She sighed, "I need to get a hold of that vampire hunter who is so obsessed with you. There's something that I'm getting at."

"His name's Connor Jordon," Tyler shrugged his shoulders, "he uses special bullets and weapons that can kill you without flinching. That's it."

"No," Kara shook her head, "there's more."

Getting up from her seat, she placed her hands on Tyler's head to search through his memories. He wasn't able to push her back– she had full control of his conscious for several seconds.

When she got a clear idea of who she was dealing with, Kara released herself from the grasp and heavily sighed.

"The hell did you just do?" Tyler stumbled back a bit from the whiplash.

"Gathered intel," Kara clicked her tongue, "very vague intel– just enough though. Thanks, Tyler."

She pitched the end of her voice a little lower to sound more like Mia. She walked towards the entrance of the house to leave and find out more about Connor Jordan.

"Forget everything that happened and be on your way."

Mia placed a bandaid over the stranger's wrist and let her be on her way. She turned back to Rebekah, who was feeding in another person's neck.

"You can always just, you know–" She gave the guy some of her own blood, "feed on the neck and then heal them."

"To my luck, they'll die and turn," Mia cleared her throat, "we went to the shopping mall, restaurants, town square, all of the eating places, which I didn't mind– what can we do next?"

"Sooner or later you're going to give into bloodlust," Rebekah wiped her lips, "and I'm going to show you the consequences of that. Come here–"

All of the customers in the store rose to their feet at her call. Rebekah sped over to each one of them– bitting their necks and having the smell of blood prevail the air.

"W-what are you doing?" Mia gasped at her actions. She didn't care so much about the blood, but of the people's bleeding necks, "Rebekah–"

"Doesn't it smell fantastic?" She teased her friends, "for some people, they'd gag at the sight of anyone cutting their finger. For us– it's different."

Rebekah allowed their cuts to open up wider. Enough to have blood spilled down to their shirts. Mia began to feel her under eye veins show.

"See?" She pushed the bleeding girl to Mia, "you think you've got in under control but it's too much for you. No matter your stubbornness, your instincts take over."

Mia had no issue earlier. She had accepted the fact of feeding from the vein, however, there was no sense of consciousness as of now. Giving in, Mia began to sink her teeth into the girl's artery and almost bleed her out dry.

"That's enough," Rebekah noticed at her inability to stop, "I said that's ENOUGH!"

When Mia was pushed back by Rebekah, her eyes glowed yellow and black before speeding over to the next victim. Her only incentive was to feed.

"Mia!" She gripped her friend's shoulder and forced Mia to face herself in the mirror.

Once Mia calmed down, her eyes widened in horror at the amount of blood stains she had.

"Oh my god," she forced herself to relax and revert to normal eyes. Turning around, Mia began to feel a great amount of guilt over the victims.

"There," Rebekah pursed her lips, "now you know bloodlust and what could happen."

She compelled the rest of the people to return back home before giving the other two her blood.

"Looks like we're done for today," She patted Mia on her shoulder to snap the hybrid out of her shocked state, "how about a movie? There's a theater here."

Mia was doing her best to hold down her tears. She hated every second of being a vampire– the emotions, heightened awareness, need for killing. There was already so much to deal with and Mia wasn't sure if she was able to get through it.

She wanted her older sister with her to help. She wanted Michelle here, there was no one else who understood Mia better.

"Hello?" Rebekah waved her hands in front of her, "are you still upset?"

When Mia didn't respond fast enough, she began grow impatient.

"This is hard, I know, but you need to stop being a crybaby, alright?" She snapped, "you're a vampire now, this is your life. Get out of the state of denial you are in and start building up your life again."

Mia, who was offended at Rebekah's irritability, was now annoyed by her presence, "Rebekah– my whole family was killed in front of me and I expected myself to die with them."

"Yeah and so did I," She scoffed, "my father forcefully turned us and then chased around for nine hundred years and you don't see me crying every time someone gets hurt, do you?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Mia grew angry, "I am trying to get used to my life, but it's hard knowing that almost everyone I have ever loved is now dead! And I get to live an immortal life without them!"

Rebekah frowned, "tragic."

She frowned and shook her head, "you had your brothers with you. My sisters don't even wanna be near me." Mia pushed past Rebekah, "now that we're done here– I'd like to be alone."

The original watched as Mia exited out the building, only to feel a sense of regret over what she had said. Instead of apologizing for her actions, Rebekah buried her feelings in the necks of other people.

Mia walked through town for awhile. It was only two cities over Mystic Falls and an hour away from the vampire hunter. She made sure that she didn't attract any attention, but her paranoia made her think otherwise.

For the past days, Mia thought herself as a threat to other people. With venom that could kill Michelle and Caroline, instincts that could harm Danielle and any bystander– she constantly had nightmares of them. That was the reason why Mia was on edge and why she continues to suppress her bloodlust.

Her attention refocused on a familiar person that was walking down the street. She squinted her eyes in disbelief– no, no, it couldn't be.

Sage was walking from a coffee shop with a cup in his hand and headphones.

Again, she began to feel her blood boil and her anger take over her mind. Her senses blurred out when she stared him down– no one here to stop her and no one she cared about would see.

Kara was able to find a RV stationed in the woods of Mystic Falls. By the help of others, and her compulsion, she easily located Connor's whereabouts.

However, the door of the car was already unlocked and she saw Damon Salvatore helplessly standing in the RV with arrows pierced through his chest.

"What do we have here?" Her voice surprised him as she caught Damon dialing someone's number.

He grunted, "What are you doing here?"

"The same reason as you," Kara stepped to his right and looked through the evidence that Connor had been collecting. She started to gather an understanding of what his ideas and motives.

Damon, still paralyzed by arrows, stared at her, "Mind doing me a favor?"

"No."

"Why not? I thought you were being good," Damon retorted, "that's what I heard you and my little brother talking about."

Kara continued to ignore him– 12 founders dead. She titled her head, specifically 12? In Mystic Falls? Her hands picked up on the letter that was labeled "April" in which was directed for one of the daughters of the founders.

"Forgive me for this necessary sacrifice that will only be worth it in the end," Kara read aloud to Damon, "ever heard of sacrifices? Besides Klaus's?"

He sarcastically smiled, "I'd love to help you if I weren't connected to a ticking time bomb."

Attached to the arrows were strings that triggered a bomb if moved. Rolling her eyes, Kara took a hunter's knife and began to cut out the arrows from Damon's body. After successfully removing them, he joined in on the investigation.

"They're just articles about people committing said suicide," Damon commented, "this has nothing to do with why he's been targeting vampires?"

"That's just a side task," she explained, "he's trying to find clues through us. You know– old vampires and Mystic Falls locals."

The papers in her hand fell to the table, "there's nothing else here. So–"

He furrowed his eyebrows at her implying, "so?"

"We gotta kidnap him and beat the information out of him," Kara sighed, "he can't be compelled. He's not like your botched vampire-hunter of a history teacher. Connor is a magically created hunter with special powers– if you haven't caught onto that."

The pair walked through the woods and back to the Salvatore boarding house. Kara was explaining the roles of the specific hunter and the precautions they need to take.

"They may be super powered, but they're still human. Meaning that we can still take him when he doesn't have his weapons," She walked into the living room with a displeased look, "Elena's here?"

Damon suspiciously walked to his room and found Elena there, trying to look for the last white oak stake. She explained to him that she wanted to kill Rebekah for endangering Matt and her life.

There were some unresolved anger issues radiating from Elena's poor, innocent voice. When Damon dismissed her plan, she trotted over through the living room and gasped at the sight of Kara. Or maybe Mia.

"Kara," Elena balled up her fists, "you're hanging around here now?"

"Afraid so," She smiled, "I was planning to leave, but that whole Connor Jordan thing has me held down."

"Why?"

"None of your business," Kara shook her head, "and there's something I need to talk to you about."

When she tried to step forward, Elena stumbled back and ran into the table behind her. Kara gave the girl a few seconds to return back to her senses.

"I can't atone for torturing you. All I can do is apologize for my actions," Kara exhaled, "you didn't deserve to be the scapegoat for my anger and I shouldn't of been angry in the first place. I'm sorry."

It was understandable that Elena didn't believe her at first. She was still traumatized over the pain Kara put her through.

"I wasn't in the right mind– okay, I didn't have a mind or conscience in the first place," Kara further explained, "And it's okay if you don't forgive me. I just want you to know I feel terrible about it. Every second of the day."

Elena nodded, "I know."

She didn't want to stay any longer, so she walked off and re-joined Stefan outside.

Feeling a little better, Kara then went over to Damon and asked about Jeremy. He filled her in with what he knew about Connor as well.

"He was at the school today. Picked on Jeremy and Matt," Damon changed into a different set of clothes since he bleed through. "Jer said Connor wanted him to bring a vampire to kill."

Kara took a minute to think, "I'll go talk to Connor, then. Where is he?"

"Why would I tell you?" Damon threw on his black jacket and passed Kara, "you're no use anyway– one bullet to heart and..."

Kara smirked at his loss of words, "a wooden bullet to the heart and? Resurrection? I can't die, Damon. Is that still useless?"

He scoffed at her confidence, "you're like a cockroach."

Damon pulled out his phone from his pockets, "and we're going to need backup. Just incase the whole thing goes South and you leave me for death."

"I wouldn't do that to Stefan."

"I don't trust you," His eyes perked at the sound of Klaus's voice on the other line, "Klaus, where's Tyler?"

"Niklaus?" Kara mouthed at Damon, "Are you kidding me?"

"Tyler's otherwise occupied making decisions about honesty and whatnot. Is there anything I can do?"

Damon signaled for Kara to follow him towards his car, "I'm going after a vampire hunter, so if he'd like to join..."

"He wouldn't.. I, however would love to."

"Great. Hospital, now," Damon hung up the line and started up the engine, "in all honestly– I wanted Tyler's hybrid powers."

"Instead you convinced my ex-fiancé to join the fun," Kara groaned, "whatever. I'll handle it."

"Why does he have this–" He squinted his eyes, "thousand year long grudge on you? I mean, you'd think a guy would have enough time to ease off the anger card.. But it's all fresh in his mind."

"Yeah, well you didn't know how Nik was like before," She rested her elbow on the window, "broken. Lost. Even with his family by his side he didn't feel complete."

"What's that gotta do with an ancient grudge?"

"I understand why he's still angry. He finally found someone who saw the good in him. They almost got married, she left him for his other brother– the one that he hated the most, by the way. They wanted to run away together and well– we all know how Niklaus is like when he's angry."

"Why'd you leave your almost-husband?" Damon was most curious on that part, "you really loved Kol that much?"

Kara didn't answer. Instead, she shifted in her seat and got ready to get out of the door. Damon, still curious about his question, already sensed Klaus waiting at the back of the hospital.

When the two walked towards him, he was upset at the sight of Kara there.

"I know," She held up her hand to signal him to stop talking, "you don't want me here but you don't get to tell me otherwise. I've already got a few pieces of the puzzle and I wanna know more."

Damon felt extremely awkward being caught in-between them, "Jeremy lures him into the medical room. I lure him to me while Kara shoots Connor with a few of his own weapons–"

Kara held up the same arrows that they stole from Connor's trailer.

"And we wing it from there," Damon smirked, "everything A-okay?"

Klaus took another second to glare at Kara. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Seems like a plan," Klaus nodded and they all sped inside the hospital. Taking their places, Jeremy did his part by leading Connor into the secluded room.

Damon was there in plain sight. Looking at some of the stuff on the shelves.

"Hospital's no place for a germaphobe," Connor questioned in relation to an earlier conversation they had.

"Did I say germaphobe?" Damon laughed, "pfft. I meant vampire."

In attempts to grab his gun and shoot him, Kara took this as her cue to shoot the arrow on his left and right arm. As he fell to ground, Klaus stepped on his automatic weapon and smirked.

"Hello, mate."

Kara placed the arrow-triggers on the walls and walked up to Connor, "Nice to meet you."

Connor tried to pull off the arrows, but Damon crossed his arms.

"Keep it up, buddy. We'll be scraping you off the ceiling."

"You three are gonna kill me anyway," Connor glared at all of them.

"Well, let's not be too hasty. I feel like we're just getting to know each other," Klaus argued.

"Start with the basics," Kara wanted to get on with the investigation, "where are you from? What do you know? Cue me in on this greater evil written in this letter." She held up a piece of evidence from Connor's table.

"Yeah because I've fought this guy–" Damon pointed at Klaus, "–and there's nothing more evil than that."

"Yes, truth be told, I'm as evil as it gets," Klaus grinned and took the paper from Kara's hand to examine it.

"I'm not telling you anything. You think this is gonna be over when I die? There's another waiting to take my place," Connor groaned from the pain.

"See– this is what I like to hear. Vague threats, ominous prophesies, disappearing tattoos," Damon joked.

Yet, when Klaus heard the last part, the smirk on his lips fell; "what do you mean disappearing tattoos?"

"Don't bother, you can't even see the damn thing," Damon shrugged it off.

Klaus bent down to Connor's level with a concerned look, "there's more to you than meets the eye, isn't there?"

The hunter took his moment to bring out a wooden stake and hurt Klaus, but the Original's reflexes saved himself.

"Nice try, but I'm faster than your average vampire," Klaus broke Connor's arm and examined the sign on the wooden weapon. His throat began to choke up, "you're one of the Five.."

Kara saw Connor's attempts to free himself, so she grabbed his arms tightly and stopped him, "you are very goal driven– as expected."

When Connor looked up at her, he had confusion written on his face. As if he had seen Kara before. And he did.

"I know you," Connor huffed, "five years ago. You were the vampire in Memphis– the one who left that trail of hikers behind.."

Kara clicked her tongue, "yeah.. I think I remember that part– I think."

"I killed you," He stated, "I shot you with my bullet and you fell to the ground. Your body was burned."

"Oh–" Kara widened her eyes, "yeah– I clearly remember waking up on fire. That sucked."

"How are you alive?"

"We're not playing this game," She shook her head, "I wanna know why the Brotherhood of the Five decided to show up in Mystic Falls to commit a mass genocide."

Connor let out a small sigh. He pushed out of Kara's grasped and pulled on the arrow-triggers, causing an explosion in the room and sent Damon flying back.

The two vampires were laying down on the hospital floor as the fire set off the alarms. While the building evacuated, Damon and Kara stared at the room again. And the dead hunter that was in it.

Mia had spent three hours watching as Sage continued with his new human life. He attended the local high school, got a job as an office assistant and spent his free time building up his photography skills.

She had enough of just staring and being bitter over his second chance of living. Mia got up from the beach and walked over to him with one of the fakest smile she could bear.

"Hi," Mia stuck out her hand, "I'm Lia. Couldn't help but notice how you've managed to photograph one of the most boring things in this town."

Sage chuckled and shook her hand. Mia wanted to crush it, "Sage. And anything with this camera looks good. I'm taking advantage of it."

She smiled, "I'll take your word. I'm also new around here and just needed someone to talk to."

"Oh," He laughed, "me too. I moved in not even a week ago. This had a job that would hire me right away so– why not?"

"Yeah, I get it," Mia started to feel a little sentimental now. Their conversation reminded her of their relationship before. Or their so-called relationship.

"What about you? Why'd you move?"

"Um– it's kinda weird story, actually.. My parents were murdered when I was home," Mia frowned, "my sister too. Miraculously, I survived and did my other two sisters, but.. we're not talking right now."

"I'm–" Sage looked empathetic, "I'm sorry that happened. Did they catch the killer or anything like that?"

"Yeah, they did," she began to remember all of the pain and suffering, "except the court let him go. Couldn't find enough evidence to convict him."

"What the hell? And you know he did it?"

"Yes," Mia's senses began to blur out again, "I saw him."

"That's unbelievable. I mean– I do believe you because lots of terrible things happen in this world, I just– that's really sad."

"What's worst is that he was my friend," She tightened her jaw, "a really good one and I trusted him."

"Okay– don't mean to be rude or anything, but that's straight out of a horror movie."

"Kinda," Mia scoffed, "it would seem like it. Because after that happened, I started to feel a little different.."

Sage picked up on Mia's transition in mood, he began to feel a little scared of her intentions, "Um– I'm sorry that you feel like that. There's a support group at school, you know?"

"You may not know who I am, Sage. But I know exactly who you are," Mia's eyes turned black and dark– fangs grew out and her veins showed, "And I'm going to kill you."

Before Mia sunk her teeth into his neck, Sage yelped.

"I remember everything!" Sage screamed at the top of his lungs, "I remember every single thing... Mia."

She stepped back and furrowed her eyebrows, "what?"

"When you convinced me to not kill you, I ran into Kara. She tried to compel me to forget everything that happened and live a good life after," He sighed, "I was planning to leave anyways. She told my father to burn all of pictures and forget about me– after running into you, it was hard to pretend to be compelled."

Mia had mixed emotions— did she want to kill him? Hurt him? Torture him like he did her?

"And I'm sorry, okay?" Sage apologized, "I haven't been able to stop myself from thinking about what I've done. Your face haunts me everyday– I'm sorry, Mia."

She cleared her throat, "why can't you be compelled?"

"My mom was a witch," Sage confirmed, "so was my sister. And me. I didn't find out until a few weeks ago."

"Oh... I don't accept your apology," Her eyes grew dark again, "And I can't wait to tear you apart."

"It's not going to bring them back–"

"No, but it'll make me feel better," Mia attempted to feed on Sage again. However, he lifted up his hand and gave her a painful headache.

"Look at you– ridiculous," Sage chuckled at the hybrid clutching her head, "even as a vampire– you're so weak. I guess people can't change. Take me for example. You know I wasn't sorry about anything, right? I just wanted to live. I'd say anything to live."

He grinned at Mia again. The same grin he had before killing her, "having them dead was the happiest day of my life."

She continued to groan in pain– he was planning on killing her again for the second time.

"No words? Oh well," He shrugged and lifted up his other hand to snap Mia's neck.

Yet, Mia was able to overcome Sage's power and grab hold of his hand. She broke it, which stopped the spell and had him tumble over. Mia lifted him from the ground by his neck.

"You don't deserve to be breathing."

She placed both hands on the side of his head and crushed his skull– Mia let him fall as his blood was spilling everywhere. Her mind calmed down when she realized he wasn't here anymore. When she able to think clearly, she began to panic again.

No, no, Mia bent over and cringed at the Sage's deformed head, I killed him, I killed him!

The fact that Mia let her anger get the best of her– the fact that she let Sage unleash a monster out of her was starting to overwhelm Mia. She dashed away from the scene and took out her phone.

She had blood on her hands from the incident, "Oh no.."

Mia breathed and ran to the nearest building with a bathroom. Quickly, she washed off the red stains and looked up into the mirror.

The person in the reflection didn't feel like it was her. Mia, who would never kill anyone to hurt them, did exactly that.

Mia escaped the tiny bathroom and then pulled out her phone to call Rebekah, "hello?"

"Come to lecture me again?" Rebekah was lounging around the mall's arcade. She was quite bored.

"I just wanna go home," her unstable voice indicated some sort of terrible feeling, "can we just go back home?"

It took a moment for Rebekah to not snap or make a snarky remark again, "fine. I'll see you where we parked."

Kara and Damon entered the Salvatore house again with defeated faces.

"I take that it didn't go so well?" Stefan concluded when he smelt their burnt clothes.

"We experienced some supernatural suicide," Damon remarked and went to get a drink from his room. Kara sat down on the couch with Stefan.

"Besides almost being blown up into pieces, I apologized to Elena today."

"I heard."

"What'd she tell you?"

Stefan couldn't help but laugh, "she doesn't believe you."

"Yeah– well– obviously," Kara scoffed, "did she say anything about my effort?"

"She did mention it seemed kind of sincere," Stefan added, "you can't really trust a thousand-year-old vampire."

"If I were Elena, I wouldn't either," She sighed, "the next person on my list is Elijah and Kol."

"What about Klaus?"

"What about Klaus?"

Stefan arched a brow, "seeing that you guys were once in love.."

"He's the last one," Kara nodded, "right after Mia."

"I'd recommend him next on the list," Alaric suddenly appeared at the front door of the house. He had a smirk on his face, "just so you can lead me to him."

Stefan and Kara immediately jumped to their feet at the sight of him. She was ready to speed out of the place, but remembered that Stefan was there too.

"Now– I won't hurt you," Ric held up his hands, "I seem to be missing my weapon. The immortal white oak stake. It's really important– a powerful witch gave it to me with an objective."

"Yes, to kill all vampires," Kara exhaled, "seems like a real nice objective."

"It is," He smiled, "anyways– I tried to be good on my promise to Elena. In leaving Mystic Falls and forced myself into hiding, but I just couldn't do it. My urge to kill the Original vampires just grew stronger and stronger– I had to come back."

Alaric took a few steps forward to them, "I'll leave once I know where my weapon is. As well as the last remaining white oak stake."

"Lucky for me, I don't know where it is," Kara confessed, "so– you'll be wasting your time on me."

"No, but Stefan may have an idea," Alaric sighed, "and I know you can't die that easily.."

He broke a piece of wood off from a table and stabbed Stefan's chest– nearly missing his heart. Kara tried to save him by pulling Ric off, but she was thrown across the room with his strength.

"Just tell me where it is and your life will be spared," Ric said into Stefan's ear, "not totally– you have a few moments until I kill Klaus."

Kara regained her senses and grabbed one of the bourbon bottles from the table. She lunged it towards Ric– watching him scream in pain at the vervained alcohol.

This gave Kara time to grab Stefan and leave, "we need to do something about him. Go get Bonnie and try to perform that spell again– the one you did on Klaus."

"I don't think–"

Alaric reappeared behind Kara and snapped her neck. He was still recovering from being burned, yet managed to catch up with them in the woods.

"Come on, Stef," Alaric taunted, "I actually do have all day to do this."

Damon, who stole more weapons from the hunter, shot at Alaric with the special wooden bullets to knock him out.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Stefan still had a few wood chips in his chest that were hurting him.

"Let's him locked up–"

When the brothers looked at Alaric's body, his face began to turn pale gray and green. The bullets weren't suppose to kill him– not even white oak can. However, there seemed to be something off.

"Elena," Stefan looked at his brother, "his life is still linked to Elena's."

Rebekah and Mia arrived at the borderline of Mystic Falls. The whole car ride was only filled by the crappy songs played on the radio.

Mia was trying her best not to talk about what happened. She didn't want to hear another one of Rebekah's sassy moments nor be teased for being weak.

On the other hand, Rebekah was a little curious on what had Mia upset. She knew that it wasn't their conversation because they've bickered before– something bad happened.

"I let him win."

Mia decided to let Rebekah know. She didn't have to the energy to keep it inside of her anymore.

"I killed Sage. He was in the same town as us and I confronted him about it," Mia focused on the moving objects outside of the car, "Kara compelled him to forget everything and leave town, but he was a witch. He just pretended so he stay alive. And–"

She shifted uncomfortably, "I got angry again– I just killed him. Sage is probably gloating in Hell right now at how he was able to still ruin and torture me from the grave."

Rebekah tried to think of some non-offensive advice to tell her, "rage brings out a kind of monster that only we can tame. I've had years of experience with that."

Her grip on the steering wheel tightened, "you're going to have to go through a lot of this before you can tame yours. It's not something anyone else can teach you."

As Mia listened to Rebekah's advice, she didn't want go home just let; "hey– can you let me out here?"

"In the middle of the town? Why?" Rebekah started to pull over, "What are you planning?"

"I need to talk to someone," Mia unlocked the car door and got out, "get some closure and such."

"You know how to find your way back?"

"Yes, Mother," Mia jokingly said as she closed the car shut. She began to walk towards Elena's house, where the hybrid was planning to find her closure.

Elena and Stefan were the whole reason why Mia got sucked into the Mystic Falls drama. She convinced Mia to risk her life and drag the girl into a Summer trip with an Original vampire. Then, her family was taken away from her. She couldn't help but blame Elena a little bit for that.

"Kara?" Elena questioned when she opened to Mia's knocks, "what are you doing here?"

"Mia," She awkwardly wave, "I wanted to– um– talk to you. Ever since my transition, I've been having these weird emotional phases. Lately, you were coming into my mind and I've felt nothing but resent for you. How you convinced me to try and save Stefan, which only lead to suffering and pain for the rest of my days."

Elena listened carefully, she felt conflicted on what Mia said about her.

"I blame you for all of it. I shouldn't. I know," Mia sighed, "That's all what my conscience is telling me. And I hate you for continuing to hurt me despite the fact that I've done nothing by help you."

"Mia–" Elena started, "I know I asked you for help. It wasn't my place to, but there was an option to say no. You had the power to walk away from my offer–"

"Yeah and I'd be dosed with wolfsbane and chained up," Mia refuted, "you were so desperate to have Stefan back, Elena. Just because you have him now doesn't take away your desperation from then."

"That is true– yes," Elena nodded, "but you didn't have to stay here after Klaus brought you back. You don't even have to stay here now– you're choosing this life for yourself–"

"I did not choose for my family to be threatened and killed and I certainly did not choose to become a vampire," Mia's blood began to boil. She didn't plan to become angry with Elena, but it was happening.

"What more can I say, Mia?" Elena started to feel irritated, "I wasn't the cause of all of that– only a small fraction of it. If anything, it's your fault for trying to see the good in people all the time."

"My fault?" The room and world began to fade out around her, "for all of this?"

"Yes because you had to side with the bad guys," Elena shook her head, "we could've helped you– protected–"

It was something about her words that Mia couldn't handle anymore– her hands wrapped around Elena's neck and slammed her head into the doorframe. She watched as Elena's eyes slowly closed and her heart ceased to beat.

When Mia focused on Elena's lifeless body, she snapped out of her angered trance and gasped at the sight of the corpse.

"No! No, Elena!" Mia bit into her wrist and forcefully fed Elena her blood. However, she was already gone– Mia started to panic and look around.

"God– please," She felt like falling over and crying, but she had to act fast. Mia found a few syringes– her plan was to insert her blood into Elena before she was gone for good.

"Okay," Mia took out her blood and then walked over to the dead body, "let's see–"

Elena woke up gasping for air and looked around. She saw the puddle of her own blood– confused, she looked at Mia for help.

"Shit," Mia cursed at the newly transitioned vampire in front of her. She grabbed her phone from her jacket and spoke into the receiver after dialing.

"Hey–"

"I just killed Elena," She scrunched up her nose at Elena's bewildered expression, "well.. sort of killed her."

▬ ▬ ▬

I guess Mia's transition isn't going as smoothly as she thought it would– doesn't she remind you of someone else?

There's not much Mia and Klaus here, but there will be in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 4.8K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
45.8K 970 18
A foster child, Olivia, befriended Luka who moved to mystic falls with his father. He had told her he was a witch and about the whole supernatural go...
352K 5.8K 23
Their love is unconditional, bounded by hundreds of years together. An Original vampire and an Original hybrid put together makes the world a dangero...
2.2K 66 11
Cordelia Catapang decides it's time to discover the other half of herself. Born as a witch-werewolf, she grew up only grasping her witch side, but ne...