Forever ➼ BOOK 1 (Klaus Mikae...

By thevampirediariesaf

Mia Lennox and her sisters have been trying to find her runaway parents for years, meeting dead ends and find... More

DISCLAIMER
༺ part one ༻
Ch. 1 ↬ "Mystic Falls."
Chapter 2 ↬ "As real as vampires and werewolves."
Chapter 3 ↬ "Rippers."
Chapter 4 ↬ "Klaus Mikaelson."
Chapter 5 ↬ "What a bitch!"
Chapter 6 ↬ "I'm Elijah."
Chapter 7 ↬ "Hello, vampire demon."
Chapter 8 ↬ "Gotta love Mother Nature."
Chapter 9 ↬ "Kara is a monster."
Chapter 10 ↬ "He's not joking."
Chapter 11 ↬ "My shadow self."
Chapter 12 ↬ "Thanks for the tip, wolfie."
Chapter 13 ↬ "Just one little fwoosh."
Chapter 14 ↬ "You look like hell."
Chapter 15 ↬ "Chicago."
Chapter 16 ↬ "Three sad orphans."
Chapter 17 ↬ "Home sweet home."
Chapter 18 ↬ "I'm here to get revenge."
Chapter 19 ↬ "Blaming me for your mistakes."
Chapter 20 ↬ "Old time's sake."
Chapter 21 ↬ "I'm using you."
Chapter 22 ↬"Mia Lennox."
Chapter 23 ↬"Bacon pancakes."
Chapter 24 ↬ "Pizza Mikaelson!"
Chapter 25 ↬ "Let's go to New Orleans."
Chapter 26 ↬ "You better run."
Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."
Chapter 28 ↬ "Daddy issues."
Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."
Chapter 30 ↬ "An eye for an eye."
Chapter 31 ↬ "Man of the hour."
Chapter 32 ↬ "You are pissing me off."
Chapter 33 ↬ "A hero is a villian in disguise."
Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."
Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"
Chapter 36 ↬ "Such a pest."
Chapter 37 ↬ "More than a friend."
Chapter 38 ↬ "Damon, shut up."
Chapter 39 ↬ "Super old, super creepy."
Chapter 40 ↬ "I'm no psychopath."
Chapter 41 ↬ "Courtesy of Matt Donavan."
Chapter 43 ↬ "She was supposed to live."
Chapter 44 ↬ "The goodbye book."
Chapter 45 ↬ "Mamma Mia."
Chapter 46 ↬ "Humans are sensitive."
Chapter 47 ↬ "Doppelgänger got your tongue?"
Chapter 48 ↬ "Always a sight to see."
Chapter 49 ↬ "Partners in crime."
༺ part two ༻
Ch. 50 ↬ "Go get 'em, Tiger."
Ch. 51 ↬ "Silas will kill us all."
Ch. 52 ↬ "At this point it's finders keepers."
Extra ↬ "Thanksgiving Special."
Ch. 53 ↬ "Call it mercy."
Ch. 54 ↬ "I'm perfectly capable of being dead."
Ch. 55 ↬ "If it isn't little Miss Sunshine."
Ch.56 ↬ "So much for self-control."
Ch.57 ↬ "I like you better like this."
Ch.58 ↬ "Introducing her to a thousands hells."
Ch.59 ↬ "Make sure you rip her apart."
Ch.60 ↬ "Enjoy the highway back to hell."
Ch.61 ↬ "Something wicked has happened."
Ch.62 ↬ "Hi, I'm Euphoria."
Ch.63 ↬ "From a handmaiden to a queen."
Ch.64 ↬ "For power and glory."
Ch.65 ↬ "We can make new memories."
Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."
Ch.67 ↬ "Mother's intuition."
Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"
Ch.69 ↬ "You're not a hero then."
Ch.70 ↬ "This is home."
Ch.71 ↬ "Always and forever."
Ch.72 ↬ "Through the dark."
author's note ↬ "thank you for everything."
Next time on "The Vampire Diaries."
SEQUEL IS UP!

Chapter 42 ↬ "Mystic Falls is bad luck."

647 27 9
By thevampirediariesaf

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

While Mia was unresponsive to Sage, because of reasonable circumstances, he caught up on all the history behind Mystic Falls. By doing so, he found another ally behind his plan.

He walked into the Mystic Grill with a smirk. Alaric Saltzman, re-vamped, was awaiting for further information on Klaus's body. Sage, being the smart villain he is, was able to find out about their schemes.

"Mr.Saltzman?" Sage called for his attention, "nice to see you well again. Tell me, how's your life been so far? Enjoy the sun?" His eyes trailed down to his missing daylight ring.

Alaric scoffed and set down his cup, "Sage. There's no need for small talk."

"Well, let me give you some background information, may I?" Sage proceeded when Alaric nodded his head, "Mr.Saltzman, you and I share the same desires. Just for different species. I want to avenge my family that was killed by a particular werewolf. Now, that werewolf is protected my an annoyingly smart family."

He sighed, "and they have moonlight rings that will allow them to transform. See–"

Sage brought a finger above his lips, "I know where Klaus Mikaelson's body is. And I know Elijah and Rebekah are here too. They've teamed up with your friends. I'll tell you everything I know for just one simple favor."

Alaric furrowed his eyebrows, "and what's that?"

"Help bring hostage my enemies," Sage shrugged, "That's it. You're strong. It's nightfall. They're only werewolves. You can't die– unless Elena does. I know all about that too."

Ric took a few minutes to process what Sage had just said. He finished up the rest of his liquor and shook the boy's hand.

"Tell me where he is first."

Mia, Michelle, Zella, and their parents were trapped inside their living room couches until they all could agree on a plan.

The first suggestion was to all turn into their forms– with an exception of Michelle– and kill every vampire in their way. Then Mia mentioned that Esther made vampires to protect her family against werewolves, therefore that option was turned down. It was a death trap.

Second suggestion included Mia trying to reach out to the Mystic Falls group for extra help. However, with Alaric outside and Damon being sired to Klaus, they had a lot to deal with already. They wouldn't think to look her way.

Third was to contact Danielle and ask some of her witchy friends to save them. Michelle turned down the plan immediately saying that magic had it limits. Danielle was still learning about her powers.

"Alright," Mia finally spoke after three hours of silence. "If we can't beat them physically, how about trapping them?" She thought about the vervain bombs that worked on Alaric.

"We make vervain grenades, find crossbows, guns with wooden bullets.. What the founders used to use over here for protection," she went on, "I can lead Sage somewhere. Or Mom and Dad can lead the vampires and we'll attack, then kill them. It's a plan that might go wrong, but it's the best possible one."

Alannah agreed with what Mia was thinking, "we were close with Mayor Lockwood and Sheriff Forbes. Tristan and I can sneak out, try to talk to them."

"Who's going to be bait?" Zella touched her nose, "not it!"

"I will," Mia offered, "No matter what I did or we did, Sage won't hurt me."

"Eh– not too sure on that," Michelle furrowed her eyebrows, "Did you see those pictures of Kara?"

"Speaking of Kara, should we find her and–" Tristian started.

"NO!" all of the daughters said in unison.

Mia shook her head, "Kara would leave town the moment she'd be set free. I know her— right now, let's just get all of the weapons ready."

"We'll go to the Lockwood mansion," Alannah and Tristan got ready for their part.

Zella and Michelle looked at each other, "we'll go steal some vervain. Juice them and make wooden stakes."

"I'm going to Sage's house," Mia bit her lip, "I'm going to find out what I did. Maybe find some emotional baggage that will stop him."

Michelle rolled her eyes, "Mia–"

"You're worried? Then one of you guys come with me," she crossed her arms, "Michelle?"

Zella shrugged her shoulders, "you can't touch vervain anyways."

All five of them stood together in a circle. Fear, worry, and excitement written all on their faces. Alannah exhaled and pulled everyone into a hug.

"We'll get through it," she hugged tighter, "all of us."

After breaking, they shared words of encouragement and headed out to complete their tasks. 

Michelle and Mia were sitting nervously while driving towards who they suspect is behind everything.

"What if it's not him?" Mia questioned, "he doesn't seem like the one for revenge."

"I don't know," Michelle focused on the road, "I've never met him, Mia. None of us. And your friends don't seem to know of him much either."

Please don't be him, she said to herself as they pulled up onto the driveway. Mia cautiously checked the surroundings around the house while Michelle listened carefully inside.

"There's only one person," Michelle concluded, "An older lady. Must be his mom, right?"

"Yeah. Stay out here and scream if there's any trouble," Mia walked up the porch and knocked on the wooden door.

Sage's adoptive mother, Diana, opened with a smile, "Yes?"

"Hi. I'm Mia, Sage's.. girlfriend," she laughed, "Is he here? I wanted to talk to him about something."

"Oh– yes. Sage always talks about you," Diana opened the door wider. She gestured for Mia to take a seat on the couch, "I'm Diana, by the way. Would you like something to drink?"

"N-No, I'm okay," Mia politely declined her offer. She looked around the living room to see various picture frames. They dated from when Sage was a child until now.

"May I look through your pictures?"

"Of course! I also have a photo album, if you'd like."

"That'd be interesting," Mia laughed as she walked around the room. Most of the pictures were from when Sage was still with his immediate family.

If I killed them, it'd be the worst news ever, Mia thought as she picked up a frame of him with his sister. She clicked her tongue as her eyes scanned the rest of the frames.

His adoptive parents seemed fond of him. They supported his swim career, took Sage to Disneyland, had world trips– they loved him.

"Here it is," Diana came down the stairs with a large photo album. Her and Mia sat down on the couch to flip through the pages.

"They're mostly baby picture– look how cute he is! Sage would kill me if he knew I was showing his girlfriend pictures without permission."

"No, don't worry about that," Mia laughed while looking at the album, "it's karma for not being here on time."

"He's a good boyfriend? Right? I taught him how to treat a girl."

"Yeah.." Her voice trailed off. Mia was focusing on all of the pictures to try and find some sort of emotional connection to Sage.

Though it seemed as if he moved on from his family's death, there must be something special left. A deep memory that acted as the influencer in all of his actions.

Sage never talked about his older sister. They would go on and on about their childhood, however, there wasn't the slightest mention of a name or any memory.

"Who is this?" She pointed towards the older girl in the picture.

Diana smiled, "Sofia. Sage and her were very close when they were younger. His parents were always out and about because of work, so Sofia was always there for him."

She took out the picture to closely examine it, "He was shaken up by her death the most. His therapist told me he would have constant night terrors and hallucinations with Sofia in it."

"He's never talked about her."

"I understand why he can't," Diana sighed, "seems like he can't move on from her death. When we first adopted him, he would always tell me about this dream. It was his family and Sofia. They were having a picnic at their usual spot back in Colorado."

"There was this one piece of her that he always reminisced about.. a little red bow in her hair. He bought it for her once at the store and she had worn it everyday since.. He always mentioned that now when we he would talk about his dream."

"What happened in the dream?" Mia wanted to know more about it.

"Oh, just.. His family and him playing football and eating sandwiches on the grass," Diana laughed, "Sofia and him playing hide and seek. Playing on the swing set."

Mia's eyes looked down at Sofia's picture. She was pretty, she thought to herself. If only she had lived a little longer, she would have been a beautiful person.

"It's a shame that you took her life away. Sage would have never gone through that."

She turned around to see that Diana was holding a gun against Mia's head, "slowly, now. You don't want this silver bullet to rip through your brain."

A piece of sharp wood came crashing through the living room window. Diana was flung back to the kitchen with a stick pierced through her head. Her face was trickled in blood as she laid dying.

"Mia! GET OUT!" Michelle was standing at the door frame calling her sister.

Mia quickly composed herself and ran into the car, where Michelle speedily drove back home.

"Y-you killed her. You killed Sage's mom–"

"Yes and she would've killed you!" Michelle yelled, "I knew something would go wrong."

She sharply turned into their driveway and they rushed inside. Zella was there juicing the vervain to make the bombs. Mia took off her coat and went to help.

"So how'd it go?" Zella asked, "did she try to assassinate you?"

"Actually, yeah. She held a gun with silver bullets to my head," Mia speedily made a few grenades. In a matter of minutes, she was able to make more than Zella did in an hour.

"Thanks to Michelle, Sage will think we're in war. She killed his mom."

"What!? Are you stupid?" Zella widened her eyes at the oldest sibling, "or are you stupid?"

"She would've killed Mia. The safety was off already," Michelle tore apart their wooden book shelf to make stakes, "Where's Mom and Dad?"

Alannah and Tristan were holding armful of weapons back into their car. Mayor Lockwood understood the situation faster than they anticipated and was happy to lend them some.

Before Tristan could unlock his car, Alaric showed up in front of them.

"It's nothing personal. I'm just doing a simple favor," he grabbed both of the wolves and knocked them out.

Alaric took the car keys, started to drive towards the underground cellars, and dragged the bodies downstairs.

Sage turned around towards the moving door, seeing Ric throw the bodies on the ground.

He groaned, "deal is a deal. The kids are at home."

"Thank you," Sage nodded. In order to get Alaric motivated, he had to tell him of what he knew first. Now, Ric was on his way to find Klaus.

Sage moved Alannah on one of his devices– her arms and legs were going to be stretched and pulled from her body. Tristan was going to hang by his arms from the ceiling as Sage was going to continuously stab him.

"Oops," he chuckled and took out their moonlight rings. He slipped them both into his pocket, "almost forgot the most important thing. Now we wait for them."

Sage took out Mia's phone to send a picture of their parents to Michelle.

Kara was remained in the cellars of the Lockwood mansion. One of the other vampires, Lany, was feeding droplets of blood so she wouldn't desiccate. She forced herself to remain conscious in order to listen in on everyone's conversation.

"Let's say this works," Mia made the last vervain grenade, "We kill everyone. What happens next?"

"We leave this stupid town and go away," Zella scoffed, "Mystic Falls is bad luck."

"She's right. Mia, you'd have to say your goodbyes and we leave," Michelle nodded her head, "If it works."

The truth of the situation was understandable. After the plan is complete, her parents would want to start living together as a family again.

They would indefinitely move back home and the girls would live a happy, human lifestyle. Although it sounded idealistic, it's not something Mia wanted anymore. It sounded like a dream that 13-year-old Mia would want.

Michelle's phone dinged and she received a notification from Mia's phone, "oh no.."

Zella and her rushed to their sister's side, making shocked faces as they saw their parents being chained up.

"Shit. Shit!" Mia started to panic, "okay– he's not gonna kill them just yet. H-he wants me to be there. To have me suffer."

"What do we do now!?" Zella exclaimed, "it's not like we know where they are– look at this."

She zoomed into the background of the video, "this can be anywhere."

"We wait," Michelle tried to be reasonable, "we wait until his next move which will help us decide what next." She started packing up everything, "or we–"

The phone in Mia's hand rang again. Sage sent another video, this time of him pouring wolfsbane on Alannah. Her screams echoed loudly as the poison burned her skin.

"If he's not going to kill them, he'll hurt them!" Zella yelled, "we gotta think of something now!"

Mia swallowed the rock in her throat as she read the following text messages, "if you want a chance at your parents alive, step out of the house."

Michelle shook her head, "no–"

"They'll be gone!" Mia cried, "they'll be gone if we don't."

The three sisters looked at each other with despair. Zella– always ruining the moment– pulled them into a hug once more.

"Hey, we've all been pushed down before. And we always get back up. What's different this time?"

"Um– it's not a soccer game or in-door wrestling?" Mia joked, "let's hurry up."

She still wanted a little hope of survival. Slowly, they walked towards the outside and waited for Sage's appearance. It was already past five minutes when no one showed up.

"Was he bluffing?" Zella scoffed, "because–"

She was cut off when a crossbow pierced through her shoulder. Michelle rushed to help, but Desmon arrived and snapped her neck. Mia was knocked out by him.

He sighed as he took their moonlight rings and carried all of their bodies to the trunk of his car.

"Hello? Yoo whoo?"

Mia groggily opened her eyes as she tried to wake up. Her skin was itching all over, her breathing was blocked, and there was a pounding headache. Once her senses kicked in, she looked around frantically.

Each one of her family members were strapped into a torture device. Zella; wrapped in wolfsbane cloths. Michelle; tied down in front of an open window in vervain chains. Tristan and Alannah; hanging by their arms from the ceiling.

She started to cough from the poison that was running through the vents, "Sage.."

"You're conscious now– good," He took out the knife that was used to cut her father apart.

"Your family is helpless and dying. Are you going to save them?" A laugh escaped from his mouth, "you can't. Because you're tied down, just wanted to tease–"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Don't worry, I'll refresh your memory... Six years ago, there was a breaking and entering at my house. I woke up to the growling and objects being thrown around. Being curious, I walked downstairs and saw my mother mauled to death. Then, the sounds of my father crying in pain."

"My sister, Sofia, grabbed my hand and led me into the attic where we thought it would be safe.. Until you sucked all of her life in front of me. Sorry," Sage laughed, "not you– Kara. Kara sucked the life out of my sister while you ate the rest of my parents. She was going to kill me, however, you went rabid and attacked her. Leaving a lucky, scarred, orphan boy alive. Sound familiar?"

"I didn't-didn't kill them," Mia attempted to keep herself awake, "My first kill was an accident–"

Sage almost choked while he was laughing, "accident? Yeah, right. What I learned from being your boyfriend was that.. You don't think you've done bad things. You're complaining about how Elena or Klaus are evil, yet you have had your fair share of it."

Mia was breathing heavily as she tried to think of what really happened.

Did Kara mess with her memories again? Or was it really Mia herself who killed Sage's family?

"How many people have you killed before your moonlight ring? Or those times you've fantasied of ripping a person's throat out because you were angry? How about when Klaus was killing those people– you didn't stop him. You watched," Sage began to provoke her, "you did nothing. That's as vile as anything. How about Mikael or Esther?"

Mia shut her eyes tightly, I can't think. Why can't I remember? Stop talking, I need to think.

"I came home to check something.. I saw her," Sage sighed, "Diana. You didn't do it, but I know you were there. Can you tell me what happened? I won't hurt you."

Her breathing hitched at the recollection of earlier, "she tried to kill me with a silver bullet to my head. Michelle stopped her by doing.. what you saw."

Sage nodded his head and threw his finished apple on the ground. He got up and walked towards the back, "like I said. I won't hurt you."

He got up, picking up a bucket of vervain and threw it onto Michelle. Mia cried as she heard Michelle scream in agony, which intensified more when Sage picked up a second bucket, throwing it on her skin again.

"Now," Sage smiled and tossed the buckets to the ground, "Mia. If you want your family to make it out alive, I want you to confess what you did. Genuinely. Because I'll know when you're lying."

"But I didn't kill them!" Mia yelled, "I didn't."

He shrugged his shoulders, "alright."

Desmon walked into the room with a smirk. He made a B-line towards Tristan, grabbed a knife, and slit his throat open.

"NO!" Mia screamed and squirmed violently in her chair. She kicked, yelped, and cursed at the sight of her father bleeding on the floor, "DAD!"

"Funny. That's what I said," Sage motioned for Desmon to walk away.

Throughout the night, the Mystic Falls had an eventful day as well.

Klaus was killed by Alaric, who fled town soon afterwords for unknown reasons. Elijah and Rebekah failed to save their brother. In hopes of avenging him, Rebekah attempted to kill Elena. However, Stefan and Damon saved both her and Matt in time.

Now, Elijah and Rebekah were searching all over town for Mia. Elijah checked his phone at the end of night, coming to realization of Tristan's desperate cries of help.

Caroline and Tyler joined in on their search party. They wanted to help their friend as well– the four of them spilt into teams.

As usual, their search was interrupted, Caroline and Rebekah were kidnapped by a vampire hunter named Connor. Tyler and Elijah were able to stop them, but Klaus's scheme was revealed. He wasn't dead at all, but had been occupying Tyler's body the whole time. Klaus knew exactly who to look for to find Mia, but he wanted to save her in his Original body.

Danielle was the one that created a spell to put Klaus's soul in Tyler's body, but Bonnie was the one that put him back.

Currently, the three Originals were following Tyler to the Lockwood cellars. There were about ten vampires who were guarding the door.

"I wonder what's locked in their that has to have maximum security?" Rebekah asked before ripping some of their hearts out. Elijah killed the remainder of the supernaturals as Tyler unlocked the door.

Caroline coughed at the stench that was flooding the room, "oh my god– is this vervain? Who–"

She relaxed at the sight of Kara trapped in, "Oh."

Klaus unstrapped her and placed his hand on her head. He was looking through her memories and what she overheard.

"Sage. Mia's boyfriend. He was working with Alaric and others to murder her."

"Where are they now?" Elijah questioned.

He continued to look through Kara's head, but there was no mentioning of where they were going to be. "We're going to have to find another person."

As if on cue, Desmon walked into the cellar with a face full of regret. He attempted to flee, but Caroline caught onto him and broke his neck.

"Here– move Kara and put him here," she carried his body and set him down on the chair, "Okay. Someone probe his memory."

Kara and 11-year-old Mia were standing in front of a house in Colorado. It was a rainy, stormy night with thunder rumbling outside.

Mia was getting older. She was beginning to understand vampires, witches, and the life of werewolves. In order to protect herself, Kara wanted her to break the curse and the perfect chance was tonight.

"You remember the drill?" Kara tapped the kid's shoulder, "tell me."

"Our car got stuck on the side of the road and no one else was answering the phone. We need to use their landline to call Dad," Mia repeated, "all the other houses won't let us in."

"Good," Kara smiled, "while I distract them, what do you do?"

Mia looked at the knife in her hand, "kill one of them."

"That should trigger the curse. While you do so, I'll try to compel the rest of them. If there's more."

"Try to compel?"

Kara sighed, "sometimes people are on vervain without knowing it. Come on."

She grabbed Mia's shoulder as they walked towards the entrance of the house. Kara began to fake cry, starting up the act and Mia stood there shivering from the cold.

A woman opened the door. Her eyes enlarged when she saw the girls were soaking wet.

"Hi, p-please help us. Our car turned over on the side of the road and we can't get any signal. No one else is answering their doors and we don't know what to do," Kara begged, "can we use your phone, please?"

"I- of course. Come inside," she allowed them inside, "Eric! There are girls here that need our help!"

The woman ran upstairs to get some towels for them. Her husband walked in from the garage, "are you girls okay? What happened?"

"Our car got stuck," Mia tried to gain their trust, "Dad isn't answering his phone. We don't know what to do."

"We just need to use the phone really quick," Kara searched around for one.

He showed her over to the kitchen to hand the landline. Mia stood still in the living room, dripping from the rain and crying.

"Oh– here you go," The lady began to dry Mia with the towels, "Don't worry, your dad is going to answer and–"

Mia took the knife from her jacket pocket and stabbed her throat, crying from the blood that was gushing out. She didn't realize Kara compelled her into triggering her own curse.

Then, Mia started to scream in torment. Kara knew this night was the perfect chance because of the full moon. It was better that Mia got over it now rather than later.

"What's wrong–" The man tried to look at what was happening, but Kara grabbed his shoulder.

"Don't check on her. Forget that this happened. Now stay here."

She went to go check on Mia's situation, but instead came face to face against a werewolf. It nearly missed Kara, who ducked in time for it to attack the man behind her. His screams alerted the children who headed for the attic.

"Shit," Kara cursed as she sped to them. She looked into the girl's eyes, "Hi. Don't be scared– just stay here and forget this happened."

"Who are you!?" Sofia screamed at the stranger.

"Shit," Kara said again. The little girl was either a supernatural herself or on vervain, "I'm sorry."

She lifted her up from her ground and started to feed on her neck. Perhaps she was witch because the girl didn't have vervain in her system.

Kara looked towards the boy in front of her and wanted to kill him as well, but the werewolf made its way upstairs. She knew she couldn't take on a wolf without causing anymore commotion that would attract neighbors. So she led it outside into the woods, leaving the boy alone in the house.

Sage, the little boy, tried to wake up his sister. He held onto her hand tightly as the police came racing inside.

Mia was uncontrollably shaking and crying from the death of her father and now the nearing death of her mother. Her arms and legs were slowly being ripped apart from her torso.

"Nothing? Nada? Zero?" Sage continued to pull onto the latch that was controlling Alannah's fate, "you still can't admit it?"

"I don't remember," Mia said again for the tenth time, "Kara got into my head. She must have had Alecia change my memory."

"Ah," Sage let go of the latch, "I see. Well, try to remember. Because you've ran out of parents."

He grabbed a crossbow from the corner of the room. Alannah exhaled deeply and looked at her children once more. Unlike Tristan, she had a few seconds to say goodbye.

Words weren't exchanged, but the look in Alannah's eyes said, I love you. One last time before leaving them, Forever.

"DON'T KILL HER!" Zella yelled and tried to free herself from the shackles, "don't kill her. I swear to go–"

To have the noisy one shut up, Sage shot an arrow through her stomach and shoulder. He then aimed for Alannah's heart and neck.

"MOM!" Mia couldn't look at her dying, so her eyes focused on the blood-spilled floor.

"No last words. I didn't have any either," Sage set down his weapon and placed more wolfsbane into the vents, "It's okay. You'll see them again soon enough. Actually, in a way.. You killed your parents. I warned you. Confess and everyone will live."

"I said–"

"Here we go again," Sage laughed. He started to walk towards Zella. His hand was placed on top of her thigh, "she's your favorite sister, isn't she? You guys are the closest and.. share almost the exact same qualities."

Zella wiggled his hand off and spat on his face, "You fucking psychopath."

He wiped off the germs with a frown. Sage drove a knife through her thigh, "rude."

"STOP!" Mia begged, "OKAY! I did it. I confess, I killed your parents. I killed them, Sage."

Sage groaned loudly, "no. Not a confession out of desperation. You're only saying that so she won't die."

He walked behind her, placed his chin on Zella's shoulder, and held another knife to her throat.

"I had a moment before my sister died in front of me. I'll give you that at least," He brought his lips closer to Zella's ear, "See? Not so psychotic. I have a soft spot for sisters."

"Zella–" Mia's throat was dry and her body was dehydrated.

"It's okay, Mia," Zella's tears escaped the rims of her eyes, "It's okay."

With that, Sage stabbed Zella's artery and she began to bleed out. Mia wasn't able to scream anymore, so she watched until her sister had her last breath.

"This is so boring," Sage walked over to Michelle, "What about you? You're a vampire, you can't be compelled easily. What do you know?"

"Rot in Hell," Michelle scornfully said, "you fucking–"

"Everyone is so mean to me," Sage opened the window curtains to have Michelle burn to death this time, "Hopefully her screaming will trigger some sort of recollection."

Mia's melancholy transformed into resentment. She was staring Sage down with annoyance, "you told me that I was evil? Look at what you're doing."

"I admit that I'm a little bit of a hypocrite," Sage smirked, "It's all for good reason. Me being evil to get rid of evil. It cancels out."

"Zella wasn't part of it. Michelle wasn't in on it," Mia shook her head slowly, "They're innocent."

"Oh, honey," He took a seat from across her, "Not at all. How was Michelle's transition into being a vampire by the way? You don't think she's killed? She's just hiding it from you."

He looked at Zella's dead body, "Zella killed her best friend on purpose. Such an angel."

Mia didn't say anything to defend them. Michelle's suffering screams were making her go insane.

Sage got up and began to stroke Mia's cheek, "is it a bad time to say I'm breaking up with you?"

She pulled away from his grasp and scoffed, "so you hated me? All along?"

"It was all fake," a smile creeped, "it feels good. Betraying you– look at your face. You're so heartbroken."

He chuckled at Mia's sadness, "I never liked you, Mia. And no one would. Desperate, lonely.. Anyone can see it."

He grabbed the hunting knife from Zella's neck and began to repeatedly stab Mia's stomach, "I'm gonna make sure you won't hurt anyone anymore. Think of this as God's plan."

All Mia could feel was the sharp stinging around her. Sage stabbed her with such force, the chair fell back and she was on the ground.

"There it is," Sage's face was now covered in splatters of blood, "The moment of truth. You're accepting your fate."

Mia was alive enough to hear his words. Although her blood family was dead, Sage tricked and used her, she believed that he had hope of redeeming himself.

Despite it being her last moments on Earth, she wanted him to keep living, because not everything about their relationship was fake. There were moments where his emotions were real.

"I'm sorry about Sofia," Mia closed her eyes and remembered the picture she saw in the photo album. She opened them again to see the shock in Sage's face.

Sage stopped his actions and stared deeply into Mia's eyes, "who?"

"I'm sorry that I killed your sister, Sofia," Mia's eyes were flooded with tears, "you two were close, and no one will understand that bond except the two of you. I know you loved her, more than anyone, and I'm sorry you had to live without her."

He hadn't thought of his sister in awhile. The only time he would, it was the night she was killed. To him, Sofia's existence was only during then. Sage forgot about the good moments and dreams he shared with her.

"I know feel guilty. You think it's your fault. You don't want to be alive because you feel as if you don't deserve it."

Sage dropped the knife in his hand and began backing up from Mia's body.

No, Sage thought, you're trying to get inside of my head.

"It's not your fault. It's mine.. I'm so sorry.."

He had to leave. Sage opened the latch of the cellar and ran outside like a coward.

Mia heard the engine rev and Sage's scent followed him. Her last day of life was going to be here, alone. In a dark cellar with the dead bodies of her family. She closed her eyes.

I'll see you again, Mom. Dad. Zella. Michelle. I'll be there soon.

Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah were able to find information on Sage's whereabouts through Desmon's head.

Caroline and Tyler were told to stay back just in case the situation went wrong. Only after arguing with a group of Originals, Caroline agreed to stay in town.

Mia and her family were taken to the hidden cellars under town. Sage built them himself and specially for the Lennox family.

The Originals rushed into the open cellar, only to find all of the members dead. Elijah disappointedly looked at Tristan and Alannah, while Rebekah instantly went to revive Michelle. Miraculously, she survived the deadly sunlight.

Niklaus untied Mia from her chains. She was only seconds away from dying, so he bit into his wrist to heal her.

"No," Mia opened her eyes when she heard him coming in, "no... I'm okay."

"Mia, you'll die–" Klaus shook his head while droplets of his blood began to drip on her open wounds.

"It's okay..." Mia began to slip out of consciousness. She wanted to say more.

Niklaus was holding Mia's head on his lap while he was trying to convince her into living once more. He didn't want to lose her. Not when he can save her.

"I'm sorry," Mia pushed through one more sentence. "Sorry.."

His heart ached as Mia's bright eyes drew dull. Her breathing ceased and her hand fell onto the ground.  Nik pulled Mia's face closer to his as they touched foreheads.

Rebekah and Elijah stood behind. They were filled with regret over the fact they could've saved her. Only if they had just paid attention to what was happening.

I'm the one that's sorry.. You weren't suppose to leave so soon, Niklaus said in his head as his one last goodbye, I hope that you fulfill your dreams in the afterlife.

▬ ▬ ▬

The end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 8.3K 57
BEING REWRITTEN. IF CHAPTERS ARE MISSING, THEY'RE BEING EDITED AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN AN HOUR. It's been two years since Rory Forbes came back to M...
353K 5.8K 23
Their love is unconditional, bounded by hundreds of years together. An Original vampire and an Original hybrid put together makes the world a dangero...
810K 22.1K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
20.3K 240 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...