Forever ➼ BOOK 1 (Klaus Mikae...

By thevampirediariesaf

Mia Lennox and her sisters have been trying to find her runaway parents for years, meeting dead ends and find... More

DISCLAIMER
༺ part one ༻
Ch. 1 ↬ "Mystic Falls."
Chapter 2 ↬ "As real as vampires and werewolves."
Chapter 3 ↬ "Rippers."
Chapter 4 ↬ "Klaus Mikaelson."
Chapter 5 ↬ "What a bitch!"
Chapter 6 ↬ "I'm Elijah."
Chapter 7 ↬ "Hello, vampire demon."
Chapter 8 ↬ "Gotta love Mother Nature."
Chapter 9 ↬ "Kara is a monster."
Chapter 10 ↬ "He's not joking."
Chapter 11 ↬ "My shadow self."
Chapter 12 ↬ "Thanks for the tip, wolfie."
Chapter 13 ↬ "Just one little fwoosh."
Chapter 14 ↬ "You look like hell."
Chapter 15 ↬ "Chicago."
Chapter 16 ↬ "Three sad orphans."
Chapter 17 ↬ "Home sweet home."
Chapter 18 ↬ "I'm here to get revenge."
Chapter 19 ↬ "Blaming me for your mistakes."
Chapter 20 ↬ "Old time's sake."
Chapter 21 ↬ "I'm using you."
Chapter 22 ↬"Mia Lennox."
Chapter 23 ↬"Bacon pancakes."
Chapter 24 ↬ "Pizza Mikaelson!"
Chapter 25 ↬ "Let's go to New Orleans."
Chapter 26 ↬ "You better run."
Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."
Chapter 28 ↬ "Daddy issues."
Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."
Chapter 30 ↬ "An eye for an eye."
Chapter 31 ↬ "Man of the hour."
Chapter 32 ↬ "You are pissing me off."
Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."
Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"
Chapter 36 ↬ "Such a pest."
Chapter 37 ↬ "More than a friend."
Chapter 38 ↬ "Damon, shut up."
Chapter 39 ↬ "Super old, super creepy."
Chapter 40 ↬ "I'm no psychopath."
Chapter 41 ↬ "Courtesy of Matt Donavan."
Chapter 42 ↬ "Mystic Falls is bad luck."
Chapter 43 ↬ "She was supposed to live."
Chapter 44 ↬ "The goodbye book."
Chapter 45 ↬ "Mamma Mia."
Chapter 46 ↬ "Humans are sensitive."
Chapter 47 ↬ "Doppelgänger got your tongue?"
Chapter 48 ↬ "Always a sight to see."
Chapter 49 ↬ "Partners in crime."
༺ part two ༻
Ch. 50 ↬ "Go get 'em, Tiger."
Ch. 51 ↬ "Silas will kill us all."
Ch. 52 ↬ "At this point it's finders keepers."
Extra ↬ "Thanksgiving Special."
Ch. 53 ↬ "Call it mercy."
Ch. 54 ↬ "I'm perfectly capable of being dead."
Ch. 55 ↬ "If it isn't little Miss Sunshine."
Ch.56 ↬ "So much for self-control."
Ch.57 ↬ "I like you better like this."
Ch.58 ↬ "Introducing her to a thousands hells."
Ch.59 ↬ "Make sure you rip her apart."
Ch.60 ↬ "Enjoy the highway back to hell."
Ch.61 ↬ "Something wicked has happened."
Ch.62 ↬ "Hi, I'm Euphoria."
Ch.63 ↬ "From a handmaiden to a queen."
Ch.64 ↬ "For power and glory."
Ch.65 ↬ "We can make new memories."
Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."
Ch.67 ↬ "Mother's intuition."
Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"
Ch.69 ↬ "You're not a hero then."
Ch.70 ↬ "This is home."
Ch.71 ↬ "Always and forever."
Ch.72 ↬ "Through the dark."
author's note ↬ "thank you for everything."
Next time on "The Vampire Diaries."
SEQUEL IS UP!

Chapter 33 ↬ "A hero is a villian in disguise."

854 26 2
By thevampirediariesaf

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

At the breakfast table, Mia's eyes were only focused on her phone. Danielle already finished eating and Michelle was yelling at her younger sister to get off the device.

Michelle tried to yank it from Mia's fingers, but she pulled away quickly.

"Quit it!"

"I'm telling you to get ready," she rolled her eyes, "finish your cereal. I'm gonna wait in the car."

Mia groaned and ate the rest of her cocoa pebbles before brushing her teeth in a rush. Zella was working at the Mystic Grill, taking after the job Mia got fired from, and Michelle went to the local community college. It was weird for Mia to see them have lives of their own, but they didn't have to move anymore and needed to waste time.

"Jesus, who are you texting on that goddamn phone?" Michelle asked when she got inside the car, "your face looks weird staring at that screen."

"There's a guy.."

"You mean Klaus?" Danielle joked, poking Mia's cheek from behind the passenger sea, "I overheard you guys last night. Your talk about–"

"Why is everyone listening to my conversations?" Mia huffed, "maybe I will just move in with him.."

"Move in? Excuse me?" Michelle swerved on the road a little, "move in with Klaus?"

"He asked me to– even offered a room for our whole family."

"Living with a thousand year old psychopath that tried to kill you and use you as leverage? Um? What?"

Danielle sighed and clutched her head, she already predicated the fight that was going to happen.

"Well it sounds like a vacation away from you," Mia laughed, "if you knew what had happened–"

"Then tell me, Mia. Tell me exactly what happened between you guys that makes him seem like such a good guy."

"If you let me talk–"

"Tell me the exact reason as to why you killed his father– the only hope to your friends living a normal life again. Tell–"

"Goddamnit! Let me out of the car! I said let me out!" Mia kicked open the passenger door, shocking Danielle and Michelle.

She got out and took her bag, then slammed it closed with all her might. The school was only five minutes away from where she got off.

Stupid, Mia thought, never gives the chance to explain myself. Always has to jump into conclusions.

When Mia arrived at the front doors, she followed the scents to Caroline's locker. They may have just met, but she wanted to give her a small gift.

"Hey," Caroline saw Mia walking to her, "I thought you'd be off somewhere else."

"No, I go to school too," She took out the red box from her backpack, "Klaus told me it was your birthday yesterday. I got you something last minute, I'm sorry I wasn't here."

"Thanks," Caroline smiled and graciously took the box, "And thank you for yesterday. I don't know what you did but it saved me from dying."

"That or you saved yourself," Mia adjusted her backpack strap, "he also mentioned about something with death and–"

"Jeez, yeah," Caroline started to feel embarrassed, "that was so awkward. Anyways, I'm fine now and Tyler is.. he and I are in an awkward place."

Mia forgot that she was dating someone, "It's this whole sire bond thing, Caroline. It's really not his fault."

"Really?" she looked at the wolf with hopeful eyes, "do you know how to break it? Or do something to bring him back?"

"I–" Mia tried to think of ways, there was one that occurred in her mind, "he said he's freed from a curse. Except there isn't total freedom– he still needs to break everyone bone to turn."

"What is he suppose to do?"

"Break every bone and turn," Mia nodded, "he's going to realize that the curse is still within him and being a hybrid won't fix that."

"Right, I think that makes sense.."

The school bell rang and Mia touched Caroline's shoulder, "talk to Tyler about it and maybe he thinks the same. I gotta go."

The blonde vampire waved goodbye, then opened the red boxed gift Mia got her. It was a nice rose gold bracelet with flower accents on it, Caroline awed at the sight and saw a note attached.

For Caroline, the girl with so much potential and confidence. Happy Birthday. –Mia Lennox

Mia walked towards government class with suppressed smile; almost all night, she and Sage were texting each other non-stop. Talking about television shows, music interests, and complaining about their families; Mia never connected to a person so easily.

She also found him sitting down in the room, they had most of their classes together as well.

"Hey," he said to her once she took the empty desk, "Decided to come to school today?"

Mia laughed at the message he was referring to, "yeah. Turns out my stomachache went away."

Her focus was pulled away when the teacher started to talk to her.

Unusually, the school day passed by quickly. Perhaps it was due to Mia's eagerness of seeing Sage again or because she wanted to eat lunch with him. Either way, she started to enjoy going to school.

The two of them sat together at the back of school, eating their chicken sandwiches and sipping on orange juices. Sage was talking about a childhood story back home in Florida.

"I had a pee stain on my pants all day, it was horrible," he made a face, "no one told me."

"And this was when– what? You were three?"

"Fourteen."

Mia tried to contain her laughter but ended up making a painful sound, which triggered Sage to laugh and her to burst. They picked up after themselves upon hearing the bell ring for fifth period and they walked together towards math class.

While Mia and her crush were out and about after school, Danielle was sitting in front of her grimoire at home. In addition to the weird out-of-body experiences with a guy that looked like Stefan and the word Silas appearing everywhere she went to, she decided to finally act on these circumstances.

She stuffed a few necessities into her bag and walked towards Bonnie Bennett's house. No one was at home at the moment and it wouldn't take long asking a few questions. Deep in her memory, and with the help of her phone, she found the older witch's house and knocked on the door.

Instead of seeing a short, black haired girl, an older man answered the door, "yes?"

"H-Hi. I'm Bonnie's classmate, Danielle. I came by to drop off some notes that I borrowed. Is she in?"

"No, went to go somewhere with her friend Elena. Should I leave her a message that you've stopped by?"

"Yes. If you could, please," Danielle smiled and walked back onto the street. Elena Gilbert?

She asked to herself. The young witch remembered where Elena's house was, however no one would be home because Jeremy left for Colorado and Elena was out too.

She groaned, what am I suppose to do now? If she ignored these messages for long, there would be severe consequences at the end.

Her foot kicked a pebble that was in the way, maybe I could visit the cemetery.

Danielle got goosebumps at her own thoughts. It was eerie enough to contact ghosts, but to visit a place filled with dead people– especially in a town known for supernaturals– creeped her out the most. Yet, if Jeremy was able to contact dead ex-girlfriends, wouldn't Danielle be able to talk to witch spirits?

The most she's done with her powers was perform a spell for Klaus after being forced. Klaus had the spell and materials prepared, all she did was the dirty work. He wouldn't tell her what she'd done either.

Let's risk it, Danielle thought and started to make a B-line towards the cemetery. When she looked at the tall gravestones and dirt, she started to shiver from fear. Come on, you can do it.

She looked for the appropriate place to sit down and have a "talk" with the spirits. Moreover, a place where visiting families wouldn't think she's a lunatic. There was a building for the above-ground graves in which Danielle found herself walking towards. With her powers, she broke the gate lock and stepped in.

"Sorry guys," she said to the tombs, "I just need to borrow you for a few seconds."

The witch took out her grimoire, flipped through a few pages, and stopped on the one about the other side.

"Okay–" Danielle lit the candles in the room, "um– okay. Nam residui spiritus iacebant fac iter regit," she chanted numerous times while focusing.

A few minutes passed by and nothing happened; no flickering candles, out-of-body experience or whispers to be heard.

"Fuckers," she cursed and grabbed the book to close it. However, it wouldn't turn the slightest, seeming like the cover was stuck to the floor.

"What?" Danielle looked at the page again, there was another spell.

"The doors of the world must be opened?" Danielle sighed and started chanting again, "ostia mundi praeteritum aperienda–"

"Let's try it again," Danielle cleared her throat, "ostia mundi praeteritum aperienda–"

She gasped and saw that all the candles in the room turned over, creating a large fire.

"Oh my–" She clutched her head and screamed in pain, her mind was filled with whispers and visions of an abandoned old house with coffins.

This lasted a few seconds before the fire went out and Danielle collapsed onto the ground.

Mia and Sage were sitting down with their vanilla ice cream cones at the local park. After school they went to eat at the Grill and grabbed dessert because Sage had a sweet tooth.

"Do you ever miss home?" Mia asked and ate part of the cone, "homesick and stuff.."

"Yeah," Sage nodded, "of course, but then I think about the sacrifices my parents had to make and.. I'm fine."

Mia was going to ask more about his immediate family, but there was a family figure standing in the distance. She gasped before realizing who it was.

"Hey," she placed her hand on his lower thigh, "I have to go do something. Sorry, I'll see you at school tomorrow."

Sage nodded, "understood. See you then."

Mia finished the last of her ice cream and threw the wrapper away. She zipped up her jacket to control the anxiousness she felt.

"Elijah?" Her eyes broadened at the confirmation, "Elijah!"

The original vampire chuckled and nodded once, "nice to see you again, Mia."

"W-where have you been?" She didn't know that Kara had daggered him or the fact that he was in one of the hidden coffins, "do you know what the things that your brother has been–"

"Very aware," Elijah moved his hands towards his pant pockets, "Kara daggered me and sent my body to Niklaus as a peace offering."

"Kara," Mia rolled her eyes at the name, "seems like she loves going through trouble– how did you get out?"

Elijah signaled Mia to start walking by him and the two started strolling through the park, "Damon Salvatore. He thought I would help devise a way to take down Niklaus."

"That didn't work out well last time."

"Niklaus mentioned you killed Mikael?" Elijah questioned, "I take you you've grown fond of–"

"No, no, no," Mia held up her hand to stop him, "not fond. I killed Mikael because I wanted to. He was.. the bad guy.."

He didn't investigate any further, Mia had a sad look to her face that influenced Elijah to move from the subject.

"Being gone for so long has caused me to miss so much drama. Would like to fill me in?"

"We're going to be here all day, Elijah," the little wolf looked at him, "you sure?"

He jokingly looked at his watch, "I've got time."

"Motherfucker."

Danielle woke up on the cold cemetery ground with an annoying headache. Her hands searched for the grimoire; once she packed all of her things, the young witch ventured out to find the abandoned house.

Alongside the massive brain ache, the spirits gave Danielle directions on where to go. Not exactly directions, but senses that told her if she was too hot or too cold from the destination.

The house was a couple miles away from the cemetery, however, cutting through the woods allowed fast access. She felt a similar energy to Bonnie Bennett's magic when she entered the house. Walls were covered in black substance and moss, candles were all over the place but they weren't lit and Danielle felt it hard to breath once she entered.

"Hello?" She called out and spun around the room, "you led me here so.. who and where are you?"

Usually, Danielle would pull out the book of spells for help, thought it didn't seem appropriate at this time.

"My name's Danielle Lennox. Do you know who I am?"

The candles drew fire and she began to hear whispers of the dead witches in her head.

Danielle Lennox? Danielle? Silas. Silas, it's Silas. Why is she here? Who, who sent her?

"Who's Silas?" She asked, "he keeps sending me signals."

Witch, he's a witch. You're a witch. Danielle Lennox? Danielle Lennox? Get her away, someone take her away. Silas. Silas. Don't say it.

"Why does he keep coming after me then?"

The whispered ceased, letting the room turn dark and cold again. She couldn't feel their energy anymore.

They were scared, Danielle thought and sighed. They're scared of Silas?

She trudged back home to further investigate the scene by herself.

Mia and Elijah finished their long conversation that seeped into the night. In exchanged for filling in the missing time for him, Elijah informed her about their past, dating back all the way through the beginning.

"Freya, Finn, you, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, and Henrick," Mia counted on her fingers, "except Freya and Henrick are dead?"

"Finn, Kol and Rebekah remain in their coffins."

"And Klaus killed his mom," Mia clasped her hands, "and I killed your dad.."

"Because he was the bad guy, right?"

"Yeah, but," Mia clicked her tongue, "killing someone is bad no matter who it is."

Elijah admiringly looked at her, "it is."

Mia's phone started to ring and saw that it was Klaus calling, she glanced at his brother and answered. He was going to hear it anyways, so Mia put the call on speaker.

"Klaus?"

"I've made the finish touches in our lovely home. Perhaps you'd like to come to see it," Klaus spoke and happily exhaled, "maybe stay for dinner with the Salvatores and my brother. Could use some uplifting spirits."

Mia glimpsed at Elijah who seemed to have a displeased expression, "yeah– I-I'll come by. Maybe I'll change first."

"It's not a fancy get together. Wear whatever you'd like, see you then," he hung up the line.

She spun back to face Elijah, "I'm gonna go home first."

"I'll wait for you," he said, "don't want anyone else kidnapping you."

Mia chuckled and they started to make their way towards her house where Elijah was invited inside to wait as she got ready.

"Mia–" Michelle was going to apologize for their little feud, but noticed the older man sitting on the couch, "who–"

"Elijah Mikaelson, pleasure to meet you," he shook Michelle's hand and proceeded to start small talk. Mia rolled her eyes, then walked upstairs to freshen up before leaving.

Sage texted her a few times to start conversation, but she apologized and said there were some family complications.

Mia trudged downstairs, "okay. Ready."

Elijah said goodbye to the oldest sister and went off to the front.

"Where's your car?"

Elijah laughed and grabbed Mia's shoulder and carried her bridal style, using his vampire speed to run towards the mansion. They arrived at the doorstep – Elijah trying to hold in his laugh and Mia pretending that she almost didn't pee her pants. They walked through the tall doors.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Elijah pulled on his coat and took a seat. Mia furrowed her eyebrows at the compelled human servants who were standing there like robots.

"You had Elijah pick you up?" Klaus asked with a rather annoyed attitude.

She looked at Damon and Stefan with a distressed glance before answering, "yeah. He was in the neighborhood."

Mia stood up because everyone else in room continued standing.

"I didn't, uh, come here to eat, Klaus. In fact, I didn't wanna come here at all. But I was told I had to," Stefan looked at his brother, "'cause you would hear us out."

"Hmm," Klaus smirked, "well, we can sit down and eat or I can stick my hand down your throat and pull out your insides. The choice is yours."

He was taking a seat at the head of the table. Mia broke the staring contest by taking the seat across from him; the rest followed her.

They began enjoying the meal that Klaus had prepared for them, munching on the steak and vegetables while drinking some red wine as well. Mia didn't drink, so the waitress filled her glass with water.

"Thank you love," Damon mocked at the woman served him some red wine. He winked at Mia's annoyed reaction.

Klaus chuckled at Stefan, who wasn't enjoying this moment at all, "you lost your appetite."

"Eat," Damon ordered his brother, "I thought we agreed to leave the grumpy Stefan at home," the end of his sentence ended in a cadence.

The younger brother cleared his throat, eyed Klaus, and picked up his utensils to use.

"That's the spirit," Klaus was evidently happier, "isn't it nice? The five of us dining together. Having a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled that dagger out of my brother?"

"I already knew how he felt about you so I just thought.. the more, the merrier," Damon glanced at Elijah with a small smile.

"Elijah and I have had our quarrels over the centuries, but we always make it through."

"Kinda uh like you and Rebekah? Where is she by the way?" Stefan drank from his glass, "last I checked she was still daggered because you were too afraid to face her."

Mia started to shift uncomfortably in her seat. Why did he invite me here? she thought to herself and continued to eat the green peas.

"If you're referring to me killing my mother, Elijah and I already discussed that," Klaus looked at him, "I've already come clean."

"Hey, Stef, remember when you killed Dad?" Damon interrupted, "might wanna dial down the judgment 'till dessert–"

"Ah yes– that's what the three of us all have in common," Stefan laughed, "Klaus, me, and Mia–"

She stopped midway before bringing her fork to her mouth and made eye-contact with the Salvatore.

"–have all killed a parent, haven't we? Obviously, Mia's circumstances were different," he titled his head and grinned mischievously, "what was going on in your head, Mia?"

"Maybe I wouldn't have done it you hadn't jumped in to distract Damon?" She fired back, "what was going on in your head, Stefan?"

"Saving my brother, you?"

"Saving you and your brother," She taunted and placed down her fork, "you think that Mikael would've left you alive?"

Elijah sighed, he needed to change the subject before it got messy, "Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?"

"I don't know, ask Damon."

Mia choked on the water and started to cough a little, what the hell?

Klaus began to laugh at Mia and Elijah's perplexed countenances, "I'm sorry you've both seemed to miss some things. Trouble in paradise."

"One more word of Elena and uh– this dinner party is over," Stefan threatened.

"I think it's best to throw Elena in the do not discuss pile," Damon suggested to them all.

"You're right," Klaus nodded, "it's just the allure that the Petrova doppelgänger is just still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?"

Elijah nervously laughed, "now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?"

"Well given their shared affection for Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious about the Originator of the Petrova bloodline."

"Well we're not going anywhere, Elijah. Please do tell," Damon gave him the go.

Klaus grabbed Mia's attention by kicking her foot a little, then playfully winked at her. She rolled her eyes and brought them back to Elijah.

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy desired to be her suitor, even if she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than I," Elijah sighed, "our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end my future with Tatia and took her. It was later that I realized it was Tatia's blood our family consumed in the wine of the night our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires–"

"If– sorry," Stefan had something to say, "–if Tatia was such an exquisite beauty, why didn't Klaus fall in love with her?"

Mia started to feel uneasy in the pit of the stomach; to relieve the feeling, she traced the patterns on the fork.

"Niklaus only ever loved one girl," Elijah looked towards Mia with an apologetic impression, "Kara Radford."

Damon began to laugh, "ahaha, heard the story before, literally."

He thought back to the small meeting him and the Mystic Falls gang had about Kara when she first came.
Stefan, who only knew bits and pieces of the history, remained confused.

"I could at least think of one other man who loved Kara as much as I did," Klaus eyed his brother, "maybe even one more."

"Wait–" Stefan started to get the story, "–you guys loved the same woman? A woman who looked like Mia?" he laughed.

Mia gave Stefan one of the most annoyed looks she could ever had and continued to listen on with what the Originals were going to say.

"Before Kara chose to marry Niklaus, the two of us began to grow estranged," Elijah's elbows moved onto the table, "harsh words were traded. We even came to a few blows, didn't we, brother?"

"But in the end, we recognized the sacred bond of family," Klaus crossed his arms.

"Family above all," Elijah added.

Stefan looked towards Damon with sincere regret before poking fun at Mia again, "how about now, Mia? Huh? Do you feel trapped in a love triangle?"

"Oh shut up," Mia couldn't take anymore of Stefan's passive aggressiveness.

"No, really– I'm serious," he laughed and put up his hands in defeat, "I wanna know. Do you have any feelings for anyone? Just Klaus–"

She lifted up her foot and pushed Stefan out of his chair, causing him to thud onto the floor. Klaus laughed at her anger, but hoped she would honestly answer the Salvatore's question. He drank more out of his cup.

"Children, children," Damon had second hand embarrassment from Stefan's fall, "let's behave now."

"Mia–"

"You keep talking and I'll rip your throat out–"

"Why don't we move along this evening and discuss the terms of this proposal?" Elijah once again controlled the argument.

"Well, that's simple. Klaus gets his coffins back. In exchange, he and the extended Original family, leave Mystic Falls forever," Damon stated, "me, Stefan, and Elena get to live happily ever after."

He glimpsed at the wolf to see if she was looking at him, "and Mia doesn't have to be in-between any of this."

"Deal sounds fair, brother," Elijah tried to convinced him.

"I don't think you understand. I can't do that because Elena's doppelgänger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me," Klaus's eyes were filled with evil, "and for Mia– I will never leave her behind. Elena would need a companion."

She sighed at the last sentence and felt chills go towards the back of her spine; would she be stuck with Klaus forever?

"Let's say I do leave Elena behind" –he continued and got up from his seat, "–under your protection. How long until one of you turn her into a vampire– or worse? How long until she dies between your feud– you see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her."

Mia looked down towards the floor during Klaus's lecture, she didn't want to be guilt tripped into taking Elena's side anymore.

"History repeats itself in these types of situations," Klaus's mind wandered off to Kara's transition into a vampire, "and that is simply a delusion. The worst thing for Elena Gilbert is.. the two of you."

"I'm going to get some air," Damon didn't want to hear anymore of the inevitable truth and got up to go outside.

"Let me deal with this," Elijah went to follow the blue-eyed vampire.

"Hmm," Klaus smirked at the three of them together in one room again, "the old team back on track. All this talk is making me thirsty–"

The waitress walked over towards him and offered her neck, "care to have a drink? What do you say, Stefan?"

Stefan shook his head, "I'm fine."

With that, Klaus's eyes glowed yellow and the black veins under showed, his fangs sinked into the human's neck for a bit.

Mia groaned at the sight and turned to Stefan, who had a hateful look while staring at her.

"Since when have you been on the bad guy's side?" He rested his chin on the palm of his hand, "last I remember.. you were trying to convince me to come back to Elena and even risked your life to save her. Has it been that long?"

"I'm not on anyone's side," she made it clear, "like Damon said, I'm in-between all of–"

"Bonding with Klaus and killing his dad was a clear-cut into who you're willing to protect."

"What about saving Jeremy and Alaric from those hybrids? Huh?"

"A villain is a hero in disguise, Mia," Stefan winked, "you should know that by now."

"What do you say, Klaus?" Damon and Elijah walked back into the dining room, "time to put something on the table. We've already made our offer. Now you counter."

Klaus cleared his throat while wiping off the remaining blood on his lips, "okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. Let her fall in love with a nice human and they'll marry, have kids, live a fruitful life–"

"And continue the Petrova bloodline so you can make hybrids for centuries," Damon finished, "I see where this is going."

"See, if you hand me my coffins, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. What do you say?" Klaus offered his hand for Stefan to shake. The younger Salvatore paused for several moments before reaching in and shaking it.

"Nice try, Klaus.. but no deal."

Swiftly, Klaus's smile vanished and he broke Stefan's arm, then placed the younger vampire's hand into the fire. Mia got up to stop him, but Elijah held her by the jacket collar while Damon was pinned on the wall.

"Stop!" Damon screamed.

"Now, bring me back my coffins before I burn him alive."

Damon muttered something under his breath before fetching the coffins he asked for. Mia huffed at Stefan's burning hand and hoped that Klaus would leave him alive.

"Go with him, brother. Keep him honest," Klaus ordered Elijah, "and when you return, I will make good on my promise to you and I will hand over our family."

He complied and started to follow Damon outside.
Mia was taken back the sudden then of events that she reached towards her necklace for a sense of stability.

"I'm afraid that dinner was different than expected," he was still holding onto Stefan, "no worries. You're going to meet my family soon, they're quite the charmers."

"Klaus, stop," she saw that Stefan was still in pain, "let him go–"

"I'm not going to kill him," Klaus smiled, "how many times do I have to prove my intentions?"

"Go ahead," Stefan provoked, "I know you're planning to. Do it! And let Mia see who you really–"

Klaus cut him off and pushed him back.

"Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?" Klaus laughed, "you've really have given up, haven't you?"

Stefan angrily pushed him back and escaped from his grasp. Mia jumped in-between the two to prevent any further conflict.

"Jumping back in-between, aren't you? Like where you belong?" Stefan wiped off his face.

She wanted to take her hand and slap him, however, Elijah and Damon came back too soon, "why haven't you left yet?"

"Where are our manners?" Elijah smirked and lifted up a covered plate that the waitress was holding.

"Niklaus forgot dessert," Two daggers were placed on top of the plate.

Mia gasped and took a few steps back, she knew exactly what was going to happen next.

"What have you done?" Klaus's hand was signaling for Mia to stay behind him.

"What have you done?" Elijah retorted, "see, I've learned to not trust your vulgar promises, Niklaus. We're doing this on my terms now."

Kol walked into the living room, a pleased expression on his face– "Long time, brother."

"Kol," Klaus moved took steps back.

Finn sped into the conversation, his long hair following back and angry eyes.

"Finn, don't–"

He took one of daggers and stabbed it into Klaus's hand, causing him to scream in agony. The hybrid took Mia's wrist and sped off towards the back, but Rebekah showed up with a grin.

"Rebekah—"

"This is for Mother," she stabbed his chest with a dagger, "hello, Mia."

Rebekah smiled at the appalled werewolf. She pushed Klaus back and Kol caught him, holding the hybrid to prevent any chances of running away.

"You're free to go," Elijah excused the two Salvatores, "you too, Mia. I'm sorry you couldn't stay to properly meet our family, but maybe next time."

Klaus looked towards her, pleading for the little wolf to stay and try to save him. She couldn't do anything as now, yet tried to quickly think ways around this. Kol stared at the girl who was mistaking as Kara and followed his gaze as she was being taken away by Elijah.

"Take care of her tonight," Elijah handed Mia to Damon and he dragged her back into the car, where she was going to spend the night with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 4.8K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
20.5K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
1.8M 36.4K 57
[Editing] [Book 1] Lilly Marie Salvatore. The twin sister of Damon Salvatore. Older sister of Stefan Salvatore. The three Salvatore siblings have ne...
1.1M 41.2K 89
When her mother announced they were moving once again, this time to a small town in Virginia, Emma assumed it was just one more search for a fresh st...