Forever ➼ BOOK 1 (Klaus Mikae...

By thevampirediariesaf

Mia Lennox and her sisters have been trying to find her runaway parents for years, meeting dead ends and find... More

DISCLAIMER
༺ part one ༻
Ch. 1 ↬ "Mystic Falls."
Chapter 2 ↬ "As real as vampires and werewolves."
Chapter 3 ↬ "Rippers."
Chapter 4 ↬ "Klaus Mikaelson."
Chapter 5 ↬ "What a bitch!"
Chapter 6 ↬ "I'm Elijah."
Chapter 7 ↬ "Hello, vampire demon."
Chapter 8 ↬ "Gotta love Mother Nature."
Chapter 9 ↬ "Kara is a monster."
Chapter 10 ↬ "He's not joking."
Chapter 11 ↬ "My shadow self."
Chapter 12 ↬ "Thanks for the tip, wolfie."
Chapter 13 ↬ "Just one little fwoosh."
Chapter 14 ↬ "You look like hell."
Chapter 15 ↬ "Chicago."
Chapter 16 ↬ "Three sad orphans."
Chapter 17 ↬ "Home sweet home."
Chapter 18 ↬ "I'm here to get revenge."
Chapter 19 ↬ "Blaming me for your mistakes."
Chapter 20 ↬ "Old time's sake."
Chapter 21 ↬ "I'm using you."
Chapter 22 ↬"Mia Lennox."
Chapter 23 ↬"Bacon pancakes."
Chapter 24 ↬ "Pizza Mikaelson!"
Chapter 25 ↬ "Let's go to New Orleans."
Chapter 26 ↬ "You better run."
Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."
Chapter 28 ↬ "Daddy issues."
Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."
Chapter 30 ↬ "An eye for an eye."
Chapter 31 ↬ "Man of the hour."
Chapter 32 ↬ "You are pissing me off."
Chapter 33 ↬ "A hero is a villian in disguise."
Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."
Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"
Chapter 36 ↬ "Such a pest."
Chapter 37 ↬ "More than a friend."
Chapter 38 ↬ "Damon, shut up."
Chapter 39 ↬ "Super old, super creepy."
Chapter 40 ↬ "I'm no psychopath."
Chapter 41 ↬ "Courtesy of Matt Donavan."
Chapter 42 ↬ "Mystic Falls is bad luck."
Chapter 43 ↬ "She was supposed to live."
Chapter 44 ↬ "The goodbye book."
Chapter 45 ↬ "Mamma Mia."
Chapter 46 ↬ "Humans are sensitive."
Chapter 47 ↬ "Doppelgänger got your tongue?"
Chapter 48 ↬ "Always a sight to see."
Chapter 49 ↬ "Partners in crime."
༺ part two ༻
Ch. 50 ↬ "Go get 'em, Tiger."
Ch. 51 ↬ "Silas will kill us all."
Ch. 52 ↬ "At this point it's finders keepers."
Extra ↬ "Thanksgiving Special."
Ch. 53 ↬ "Call it mercy."
Ch. 54 ↬ "I'm perfectly capable of being dead."
Ch. 55 ↬ "If it isn't little Miss Sunshine."
Ch.56 ↬ "So much for self-control."
Ch.57 ↬ "I like you better like this."
Ch.58 ↬ "Introducing her to a thousands hells."
Ch.59 ↬ "Make sure you rip her apart."
Ch.60 ↬ "Enjoy the highway back to hell."
Ch.61 ↬ "Something wicked has happened."
Ch.62 ↬ "Hi, I'm Euphoria."
Ch.64 ↬ "For power and glory."
Ch.65 ↬ "We can make new memories."
Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."
Ch.67 ↬ "Mother's intuition."
Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"
Ch.69 ↬ "You're not a hero then."
Ch.70 ↬ "This is home."
Ch.71 ↬ "Always and forever."
Ch.72 ↬ "Through the dark."
author's note ↬ "thank you for everything."
Next time on "The Vampire Diaries."
SEQUEL IS UP!

Ch.63 ↬ "From a handmaiden to a queen."

340 12 5
By thevampirediariesaf

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia and Klaus's plans for New Orleans didn't go accordingly. They stayed for a night or two before Mia decided she wanted to spend most of the summer in the Philippines.

She adored their white sand beaches and beautiful hotels. Since summer was one of her favorite seasons, she wanted to do some outdoor activities like swimming and tanning– even though that one wasn't possible.

Klaus just loved having her alone again. Walking next to her, falling asleep on the hammock under the trees, late nights in the bedroom– his kingdom was safe without him for now.

Bonnie and Danielle were actually out of town together too. Mia entrusted Bonnie to take care of her little sister while she was away. Seeing as Kara was out of reach, she didn't really like anyone else enough to stay with Danielle. Mia wasn't ready to let Danielle live by herself either.

Neither Stefan or Kara were in contact with their friends and family. They all assumed they left Mystic Falls for good after graduation. They were friends and mentioned how they needed a vacation– no one second guessed their whereabouts.

Rebekah and Matt were somewhere in Prague or Amsterdam. Mia turned in her application for Azpeita University– the one she was going attend in New Orleans with Rebekah. She sent postcards from each new place they went to visit at, which was quite often.

The summer was going well for everyone. Even for Caroline and Tyler, who was granted permission to return to Mystic Falls– per Mia's graduation gift to Caroline.

"Second round of ice cream?" Klaus handed Mia another cone of vanilla ice cream while she was writing down in her journal, "who's that one for?"

They were sitting down at a beach in Pangloa Island days before leaving back to Louisiana. During their calmer moments of the day, Mia would take one of her journals to write in. She had a different one for the different people in her life. This one was for Damon.

"Salvatore. Guess which one," Mia closed the notebook to eat her ice cream.

Klaus rolled his eyes, "the drunken idiot who you seem to like?"

"He's getting better," Mia defended him, "he doesn't need liquor to keep him happy. He has Elena."

She called him a couple times to catch up and talk. Mostly, Damon would ramble on about his days with his girlfriend. Mia didn't mind though– he was happy, Elena was happy, so she was happy for him. They were still close since they called each other often.

"When am I going to catch you writing in your journal for me?" Klaus was curious. He always tried to peak at her writing, but Mia was very protective.

"Probably when we're not together and I get to be alone," she laughed, "it's not easy."

"Considering we spend every waking moment together– it won't be," Klaus placed his hand on Mia's, "ready to head home?"

"Starting my first year of college, I'm kinda of excited. If it's nothing like high school, I only hope it's better."

"When I went–"

"Back when you only to pay $9 for class?"

Klaus glared at her, "when I attended my first course of college, I admired how open the seminars were. Less controlling. Hopefully that never changed through the years."

"I have to go back to Mystic Falls and fully move out of my house, remember?" Mia sighed, "sell a few things, donate, sort out everything. Danielle's gonna be moving in with Bonnie too."

"So hire a couple of people to do it for you. That's what compulsion is for," Klaus stood up and held her waist.

"You can prepare my room in New Orleans while you wait," she kissed his cheek, taking his hand as they wandered off to their zip lining schedule.

"Hi, I'm Euphoria."

"You–" Kara couldn't believe who she was looking at, "you look like me?"

"No, darling– you are me," Euphoria cleared her throat, "let's dumb it down. 3000 years ago, I was a lower rank traveller who was watching two lovesick fools putting our coven on the line for their own lives. When Silas created that immortality spell, I found a way to link myself to him, so when Qetsiyah died and he was locked away– I became the head witch in charge."

Euphoria paced around as she got into her story, "To hide my identity, I changed my face every century. I couldn't risk people knowing I was still alive, knowing I had all this power. Witches seem to be scared of that."

"So why am I your doppelgänger?" Kara cut to the chase, "another spell?"

"More like balance. In every spell, there is a loophole. Magic is connected to nature," Euphoria explained, "Silas can't be killed nor can I. So the world made copies of myself who were mortal. Hence– you and Mia Lennox. And Alice– who died of the plague a while ago, may she rest in peace."

Euphoria walked towards Kara. The grass and trees around her were dying, as if she was sucking the life out of them by every step.

"Since you are my shadow self, you followed my prophecy. You found a way to make yourself immortal too, didn't you?" Euphoria asked, "I guess it's our thing to crave power and control. Nicholas was right– you were born to be evil.. like me."

Kara stared at her disgustingly. They were exact mirrors of each other, but Euphoria was an entirely different entity. She didn't feel human– there was no humanity in her.

Euphoria touched Kara's shoulder, having her scream in pain as her skin began to turn grey.

"I'm gonna need to borrow your name for a bit. It'll be too confusing if there are three of us, right?"

Kara's body began to dessicate and her heart began to beat slower and slower. Euphoria laid her down on the ground, changing Kara's face so if someone happened to find her, it wouldn't be her. There was a cloaking spell that hid the body just in case. She was left here to starve.

"Let's see.." Euphoria closed her eyes and reconstructed her hair. Instead of the short hair cut she had, it flew down to her waist, and she lightened it a bit.

"My name is Kara."

Euphoria walked around the outskirts of town. She had been searching for Silas all summer. After she broke Qetsiyah's spell that turned him into literal stone, she made the mistake of turning her back for a second.

He could have been anywhere. Trying to find the cure and leaving dozens of dry bodies behind. However, he hid his tracks well. Given that he was also pretending to be Stefan.

She needed Silas to help her break the link between her and him. Since she channeled him in the first place while he was immobile, she needed his magic again to break it. Then, she was going to make herself immortal again, using his spell.

It seemed easy enough, but the key factor was Silas. Who she couldn't track down. It was angering her. To use a locator spell, she needed something of Silas. And since there were no more tombstones or blood of offsprings– she had nothing.

"Kara!" A random girl walked up to Euphoria, "hey, I haven't seen you in awhile. You didn't walk at graduation.. did you graduate in the summer? What happened?"

"Yes. I'm Kara," Euphoria raised her eyebrows, "I.. did graduate in the summer. It was very.. sad.."

"Right.." she nodded her head in suspicion, "where's Stefan? Usually you two are together like every time you go out."

"Have you seen him?" Euphoria's smile dropped.

"Uh.. the last I saw him was in town today before I left–"

Euphoria didn't hesitate to turn around and leave. She got into her car right away, speeding towards the center of Mystic Falls before she lost track of Silas again.

Unlike her coven member, Euphoria was able to adapt to the new world all these years. She stayed in Nova Scotia most of the time as the leader of the original travelers and their direct blood lines. Venturing outside would only happen because they needed herbs to make new medicine or to contact witches. In the process, she explored the booming society of mankind.

Needless to say, she hated it. Times were better 3000 years ago. The earth was prettier, air was cleaner, more animals and nicer people. They wasted their potential, Euphoria thought.

Thirty minutes later, she arrived in Mystic Falls again. Only this time more crowds of people– which she hated– and a huge summer festival with keg stands, an open opportunity for day drunks.

This is gonna be hard, Euphoria scanned the area for a familiar face. She only knew a handful of Kara's acquaintances, but they weren't anywhere to be found. So she waited for someone to recognize her again.

"Kara," A blonde haired and blue eyed teen approached her, "its been three months since you've been in town. Is there something wrong?"

"No.. But who are you again?"

"Matt?"

"Matt," Euphoria chuckled, "I'm just messing with you. I thought Mia would be in town and wanted to see if she could talk. Uh– have you seen Stefan?"

"Everyone thought you two were spending the summer together. We all just split off into teams so," Matt shrugged his shoulders, "you can ask Damon. I don't think he'll give a different answer."

"Thanks," Euphoria faked a smile and went to find Damon. He was that raven haired guy with blue eyes too. His black clothing shouldn't make it too hard to find him.

Though, it didn't seem like he was even here. She rolled her eyes because she was back to square one. Unless he was by chance at the Salvatore boarding house– she would be lucky.

"Ew," Euphoria mumbled to herself as she squeezed by groups of people. Since the only humans she really were around consisted of 12 who she knew intimately, Euphoria despised strangers.

She despises the whole human race itself. Their awful thoughts, their blind desire for world power at the expense of exploiting innocents. Euphoria was about to lose her mind when she found out werewolves were created, even more so vampires. Then hybrids.

Euphoria approached the front door of the boarding house. She slightly opened it with her foot, seeing as someone forgot to close it.

"Only after I sent you over 3000 messages, asking for your help while I listened to you building an empire on my grave– you finally decide to help me."

Silas was sitting down with an annoyed expression on his face. He could tell right away this was Euphoria because he knew she would lock Kara away too.

"Nice hair," he complimented her change in style.

"Nice clothes," Euphoria laughed at his collared shirt, "this definitely doesn't suite your style."

"I should be walking around wearing my dress again?"

"Oh Silas," Euphoria smiled, "you and your jokes. I didn't wake you up because I missed them, I knew you were going to get what you want one way or another."

"That's right," he pointed his finger towards her, "you're immortal now. Sort of. Until I take the cure, kill myself– then you die with me."

"I'm gonna need you to break the link. You're not taking me down with you."

"Right, right.." Silas nodded, "except you're going to need a massive energy source to do that and all offense– your magic is not as strong as mine. If you were to even get me to break our link, it wouldn't work. You don't have enough power."

Silas smirked, lifting himself up to his feet so he could get closer to Euphoria.

"You spent centuries obsessing over it, but you're just a bottom feeding witch."

Euphoria smiled before giving Silas a piercing headache, his skin turning back into the stone he once was.

"I get you have this big ego because you were asleep and time stopped, but things are a lot different now. For example– you have no magic and I do," Euphoria gleamed, "you don't know how powerful I became in your absence. I let you hear what you wanted to hear, Silas."

She stopped his pain and sighed, pacing around the room, "you're not completely wrong. The spell calls for you to be human. I need the same magic from the initial immortality spell to completely severe the link. Seeing that Qetsiyah isn't coming back anytime soon.. where's the cure? Why haven't you gotten to it?"

"Katherine Pierce has it in her blood. She ran away before I could kill her," Silas sighed in annoyance.

"You're a terrible human. You can't even kill correctly," Euphoria shook her head in disappointment.

"If you want to unlink yourself you're gonna have to find her first. It's not easy when we don't have vampire speed."

"Don't remind me," Euphoria groaned, "I'll compel the whole town to find her. There just so happens to be a cookout."

Silas got up from his seat to follow her, but Euphoria was confused.

"I thought Damon was going to bring Katherine to you."

"When I get my magic back I'm going to block you out of my head," Silas sighed, "he was conflicted. And Katherine might of gotten away, she's smart. She stabbed me earlier when she escaped."

"Smarter than Amara?" Euphoria snickered, making Silas sighed again, "did you feel anything when you saw her?"

"I felt the urge to drown her in the bath tub," he got into the car, "she's not Amara. She never will be."

"Okay, okay," Euphoria smiled and drove back to the center of town where the town bbq was being hosted at.

Danielle and Bonnie made it back early from the visit to California. Although it was summer, Danielle was helping Bonnie control her expression magic. She thought it wasn't the best idea to do it in the same city where Bonnie used it to resurrect Silas.

"I feel awkward being here again," Danielle placed her hands in the back of her pockets, "it's like the place feels completely new."

"We haven't seen anyone in over three months either," Bonnie agreed, "I have to catch up with all these college requirements. I still need to buy books and bedding– apparently one of our roommates was found dead tonight."

"Tonight? As in now? A couple minutes ago?"

"Yeah. I don't know, Caroline and Elena were confused too. They said she knew they were vampires?" Bonnie shook her head, "there's something always happening here."

Mayor Hopkins walked onto stage, tapping the mic to call for everyone's attention.

"Good evening to you all. I would like to thank you for attending today's block barbecue cookout," he announced and was followed by a round of applause, "this summer I've been receiving postcards from my daughter Bonnie. Who has been traveling recently for the summer. Her leaving for college and for a couple of months reminded me the important of family– oh– Mia?"

Euphoria interrupted the speech, "sorry, Mayor Hopkins– can I just say a few words?"

"I thought Mia was with Klaus?" Bonnie whispered, "what is she doing here?"

"That's not her. It's not Kara either," Danielle nervously listened to what this person had to say.

"I'm gonna need you all to stop talking and face forward," Euphoria demanded. The group of people fell silent, staying still with their eyes glued on her.

"I'm looking for Elena Gilbert and a girl who looks exactly like her named Katherine Pierce. She has something of mine that is important and I need you to bring her to me.. Or to Stefan Salvatore," Euphoria titled her head towards Silas waiting backstage, "and I need her as soon as possible. So.. on your marks, get set– go!"

Everyone scattered around, getting into their cars or bikes to find Elena. Even Mayor Hopkins was affected by this compulsion, hurrying to fulfill her requests. Bonnie and Danielle panicked before Bonnie grabbed her, rushing back into the car so Silas wouldn't see them.

Bonnie began driving to Whitmore college, "they looked like Mia and Stefan but they weren't Mia or Stefan."

"I think– well one of them has to be Silas and the other.." Danielle gasped, "Euphoria. Do you remember what Shane said back in the island?"

"I wasn't even in my head."

"Something like.. When comes Silas, comes Euphoria. He believed that after Silas resurrected the dead, Euphoria would bring true happiness to everyone. Basically peace to earth."

"She's another immortal?"

"Yeah. Probably. No clue actually," Danielle pulled out her phone to call Mia, "I'm just gonna tell my sister not to come any time soon.. Mia! Oh thank god."

"Danielle? Is something wrong?"

"Yes. You can't come back to Mystic Falls yet. Silas is alive. I don't know how he even got out of–"

"Danielle? Hello? Danielle?"

"Mia!? What the– BONNIE–"

Out of nowhere, Bonnie and Danielle's car lost control, flipping over a few times towards the bottom of a river. They were driving in the high way by the woods.

Euphoria and Silas stopped their car on the side of the road, just peaking at the mess they made.

"Do you think they're dead?"

Silas shrugged, "they're human. They're made out of tissue. Don't think they'll survive."

The two got back into the car, driving off to Whitmore.

"Textbooks, backpack, pencils, pens, laptop–"

Mia and Klaus headed back to New Orleans days earlier since she had moving day. Also, Rebekah refused to be alone on the first day.

"When are we going to decorate our dorm room? I saw a lot of girls doing it in their videos and I've taken inspiration," Rebekah was putting her bedsheets on.

"Decorating comes once we have everything for class. School is first, this isn't some experience," Mia lectured her and held up her shopping list, "but since we've got this covered, all that's left is to move in."

"Why do we have three beds?" Rebekah asked. She took down the boxes that were covering the mattress, "didn't you request a room for two?"

"I thought that bed was a table," Mia furrowed her eyebrows, "it's probably an extra. Someone last year–"

"It's for me. Sorry, I'm late. A lot of other people were unloading in the front."

Hayley carried in a suitcase, a shy smile on her face when she saw Mia.

"Did you do this?" Mia pointed at Rebekah.

"Who the hell are you?" Rebekah questioned.

"The lost werewolf sniffing the blood trails," Klaus set down a box near the door and leaned against the frame, "and your other roommate."

"Why is she here? Why are you talking to her– she killed 12 of your hybrids!?" Mia exclaimed.

Hayley sighed, noticing that Mia didn't know. She looked over at Klaus with a hand on her hip.

"Tell her."

He pursed his lips as his arms were crossed, "Hayley and I once slept together–"

"Eeeeuughhh–" Mia gagged, turning away while Rebekah found the whole thing humorous.

"Then I soon found out you and her had the crescent birthmark. You're part of the same wolf pack here in New Orleans," Klaus quickly finished his sentence before Mia stopped listening, "she's been looking for family."

"I haven't had any luck since I left Mystic Falls. It's like the crescent wolves never existed," Hayley said sadly, "I thought I could talk to you about it. Since you're the only one I've ever come close to."

"Why? The last time I saw you, you sacrificed the lives of my friends– and Tyler's– so they could be slaughtered by my now boyfriend who also– if you didn't know– killed Mayor Lockwood."

"Shane was helping me get close to where my parents were, I was desperate."

"And a gentle reminder, Tyler was planning to kill me anyways. It would've happened regardless," Klaus butted in.

"I even needed to talk to Katherine Pierce for something about my family. About anyone. It's been a bunch of dead ends and empty houses."

Mia's stomach fell heavy, the bright light of hope in Hayley's eyes ignited a familiar feeling. She used to be in her place. Finding all the same dead ends, vague information, and frustration Hayley was going through.

Then she remembered what Alannah said. About not chasing after anyone anymore, to stop wasting her life for the sake of other people. She didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

Mia cleared her throat, "I get you wanna find your real family, but you might get yourself into more trouble than you expect. I spent my whole life trying to chase after people who didn't even want to be found. And once I finally got them, they left me in seconds."

Hayley furrowed her eyebrows slightly, she grew a little upset over Mia's hesitation.

"I only know a little about our pack, just stuff I would hear from my dad as a kid and what my older sister, Zella, knew. I have the papers, maps, contact information I used to track down my parents if that helps."

Guilt was circulating throughout her body after seeing the disappointment in Hayley's face. Mia was well aware of Hayley's emotions, but she couldn't imagine how incredibly lonely she must feel. At least Mia had her sister, they were her pack. Hayley had no one.

"You don't have to chase after them, you know?" Mia tried to comfort her, "if we're the only ones left– then we're the only ones left. We can be each other's family. Slowly getting along, of course."

Hayley's lips curved into a small smile, "yeah, that'd be really nice. I'm not gonna decline those papers though– I'm not giving up on finding them."

"I like the dedication," Mia nodded and helped Hayley move her stuff in, "I would just need to drop by Mystic Falls again to get everything."

"You have to go there?" Rebekah popped her head out from the bathroom.

"Yeah.. I need to some personal stuff from Klaus's house. And from your house– my house too," Mia clicked her tongue, "I moved a lot.."

"Well then you'd probably see people. Like Elena or Caroline or–"

"Elena and Care are off to college at Whitmore. It's two hours away from town," Mia squinted her eyes, "Bonnie's gonna be there too– do you want to go see Matt?"

"No!"

"Matt Donovan," Klaus laughed while setting down the last of Mia's boxes, "I underestimated his place in the group, but I suppose he's got something of importance if Rebekah can't stop thinking about him."

"Yeah. It's probably his di–"

"So when are you leaving?" Rebekah cut her off, "I can take Hayley for some shopping. Books, pencils– how about home essentials like pillows?"

"That would be great," Hayley nodded, "I don't have any–"

"We can go now," Rebekah left the room with a red, embarrassed face and with Hayley trotting behind.

Mia exhaled, waiting for Klaus to say something to her, but he pretended to be busy by color coding her coffee mugs.

"You gonna elaborate on why you slept with her or–"

He sighed and set down one of the mugs, turning back to explain, "it was the heat of the moment."

"One night stand. Got it–"

"Well, I did come to my town welcomed by a merciless vampire who I raised and only to be put in a bad mood by both you and him–"

"You don't have to explain. I'm not mad," Mia shrugged her shoulders, "I wasn't being myself and if I remember correctly– I was being a cunt."

He let out a breath of relief. Klaus was ready to get defensive after the guilt trip Mia planned, but he was glad that didn't happen.

"And I also slept with Kol so we're even."

"Did someone say my name?"

Klaus and Mia both jumped at the unexpected sound of his voice. Kol walked into the dorm room with his infamous smirk, glancing at both of them and at the walls.

"You and Bekah got one of the better buildings. Do you know how dirty the boys' dormitories are?"

"What the hell are you here for?" Klaus scowled and instantly pulled Mia back to stand behind him, "who told you we were here?"

Elijah soon approached them, hands in his pockets with the face of defeat, "the words slipped out of my mouth. I couldn't stop him either."

"Elijah–"

"Looks like we'll be classmates, Mia. I saw your schedule and got myself in a few of your classes. Though since we have different majors–"

"Don't talk to her!"

"Niklaus, please–"

"OKAY!" Mia yelled, silencing all of them, "I have to organize this mess of a room so I can get one good night rest before leaving on a plane again. And coming back from a 16 hour flight to sibling bickering isn't what I want. I need you guys all out. I'll do this myself."

Klaus watched his two brothers leave the room, waving at Kol to mock him.

"That includes you too, Klaus."

"What?"

"You can go back home. I'm gonna be fine," Mia reassured, "I'll call you if I need anything."

"You've got a lot of boxes–"

"Um, actually a lot of these are Rebekah's. Just leave–"

Mia pushed her boyfriend out of the door frame, closing it behind her and plopping onto the dirty mattress.

Euphoria and Silas parked on the curb outside the main campus of Whitmore University. They hopped out of the car, stared at the overwhelming crowd of people, and glanced at each other.

"How am I gonna get everyone in one place to compel them?"

"You don't have to. All we need to do is find the actual Elena Gilbert, find her cheap boyfriend, and get inside their heads."

"You know where they are?"

"I read Damon's mind so.. I got an idea of where one of them should be. Split teams– it's easier and I can get away from you."

"As a human, you're actually pretty fast and disappear quickly– so no. You're not leaving my side. In fact I linked us–" Euphoria rolled her eyes.

Silas grunted when the boundary spell pushed him back a little. He closed his eyes to calm himself down.

"–so you're stuck with me until you're human again."

"Great. Another woman who's obsessed with me. Just what I need," Silas saw Elena walking through campus, talking on the phone with Damon.

"Stefan?" Elena gasped, "Stefan's here right now."

"Turn off your phone," Silas compelled her and Elena hung up the line quickly, "I know I didn't call all summer so I kinda wanted to apology in person. It's hard to get to your phone when you have a control freak by your side."

Euphoria scoffed, but she forced a laugh, "that's the whole point of vacation. You don't think about home."

Elena wrapped her arms around Silas, embracing him in a warm hug, "never do that again!"

You enjoying that hug?

I hate you, Silas replied in his head and gently patted Elena's back.

"I thought something terrible happened to you– besides hanging out with her."

"Well something terrible did happen. You fell in love with my brother," Silas remarked, "can't blame me for wanting to leave such a suffocating town with one of my only friends."

"I know I'm sorry.." Elena apologized, "where did you guys go?"

"That doesn't matter–"

"I'm sure Damon will fill you in as soon as you talk to him," Silas replied.

"You talked to Damon? Because I've been on the phone with him most of today and he didn't say anything.."

"Oh weird. I think it's because of the whole Jeremy situation."

"What Jeremy situation?"

Who is Jeremy? Why are you making small talk? Just ask where Katherine is.

Try getting in her head while I do this. And stop staring at her like that.

Euphoria attempted to read Elena's mind, but nothing came up, which meant she didn't know anything.

"Hey, Stefan. I'll let you two catch up, I'm a little hungry," Euphoria excused herself from the conversation, thus unlinking herself from the conversation to find Damon.

"Please don't kill any students here. We already had one yesterday and people are acting weird!" Elena called out.

She wandered around the campus looking for Damon somewhere. He wasn't even an enrolled student on campus, yet he was here. Just like it did with Elena, it didn't take long to find Damon hustling through the crowd. He was worried about Silas with Elena, needing to find her right away.

"Kara– I never would think to say how happy I am to know you're here," Damon whispered, "Silas is pretending to be Stefan. He wasn't dumped into the quarry. The spell broke and he's been looking for Katherine."

"What happened?"

"Elena shoved the cure inside of her and now it's in her blood– the point is we need enough distance between her and Silas as much as possible. Except he can read minds and compel us with magic," Damon complained, "that's how he got here."

"Well I should be the one with Katherine. If she's human, she's slow, and she's gonna need a vampire to protect her. Who's with her?"

Damon's eyes were scanning the crowd. He was looking for Elena while Euphoria spoke, however, his hand grabbed Euphoria's throat to snap her neck.

"Easy now," Euphoria chuckled, "don't need to be so rude."

Damon's hand was forced down and he grunted, "you should've studied Kara a little more if you're gonna steal her identity too."

"Katherine is Kat– or Kitty Kat– Niklaus is Nik, Matt is Matty, Rebekah is Bex," Euphoria groaned, "I should get out more and learn about nicknames."

"What's Kara gotta do with all of this? Stefan's life wasn't enough?"

"Okay, I really need to get out more then. Silas has such a big reputation around here, I'm jealous. And he was the one starving for 3000 years."

Damon's eyes widened. He wasn't even frozen from her compulsion, it was his own fear.

"You're not Silas."

She placed her hand on her chest, "I'm Euphoria. This is my real face and you already guessed it– I'm the original."

"You're a witch?"

"Traveller witch. I guess that doesn't matter."

"How are you alive? Are you another immortal?"

"I've been up and alive for the past thousands and thousands of years so I'm not as dumb as him. I don't think. The new world is honestly confusing–"

"Is your shadow self drowning over and over again or are you less evil?"

"Kara is doing just fine. Why do you care? You don't like her," Euphoria tapped her head, reminding Damon she can read his mind too, "you don't have to be scared of me, Damon. I'm just borrowing your memory for a couple of seconds."

Euphoria nodded, "Jeremy Gilbert and Matt Dona– Matty Donavon. Okay, well that wasn't too painful, right?"

She slapped Damon's arm and saw Silas walking back towards her. Damon wasn't able to move yet until Euphoria granted him permission.

"Where is she?"

"Jeremy and Matt took him. But Damon saw the license plate of the car they took so," Euphoria used her magic to see where they were, "they're trying to leave town."

Silas raised his eyebrows, "what a witch you've become. From a handmaiden to a queen."

"I was never a handmaiden."

"So why were you following Qetsiyah around all the time."

"Because she was the head of the coven– why are you talking about this? We need to find Katherine and make you human again," Euphoria grabbed Silas's hands, "we're teleporting."

"Teleporting? How–"

One of Euphoria's unique abilities was being able to find people anywhere in the world. If they didn't have anything blocking their power and if she was able to read their minds. She had trouble finding Silas because he was blocking her.

"I'll acknowledge your powers once," Silas was a little impressed when they turned up at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, "could've gotten us closer to them. Now we have to walk."

"It's good to stretch out your legs," Euphoria opened the gas station door and found the cashier knocked out on the floor, "we're close enough."

Danielle groaned when she woke up. The car was flipped side ways, blocking the passenger seat. She gasped when remembering what happened and tried to kick the front windshield out.

Bonnie woke up from the sound of glass shattering. They were both uninjured from the protective spell both girls did together. It lessened the impact of the car's fall.

They stumbled out of the vehicle, gasping at the wreckage they survived.

"Are you okay?" Bonnie placed her hands on Danielle's shoulders, "good thing we acted quick. We could've died."

"Probably just a bruise or two on my ribs," Danielle sighed and held her stomach, "I recognized that magic we felt. The same one that was in Nova Scotia. Except it saved me– not killed me."

"Which was Euphoria?"

"Yeah. Silas's felt different," Danielle coughed, then felt her head, "I think they were heading to Whitmore too. What did Caroline and Elena say?"

"I don't know, my phone's not working," Bonnie sighed when she tried to turn it on, "we're both hurt we need to get to a hospital before we leave on another trip."

"Wait– wait, my phone's ringing!" Danielle gasped when she heard it somewhere. It was in the backseat of the car. She quickly answered it.

"Hey, Danielle–"

"Mia! Did you get my message last night?"

"Uhh no. Actually, I've been calling you for the past two hours. You didn't pick up."

"Okay, well, weird stuff is happening and you absolutely cannot come back to Mystic Falls!" Danielle warned, "there's another witch here. She looks like you and she's working with Silas. Bonnie and I are trying to find out how, but they tried to kill us. You can't come home yet!"

"That's too late.. I'm already here."

Mia pursed her lips when she passed the Mystic Falls sign. She even saw Danielle and Bonnie on the side of the road, pulling over to go pick them up.

When they got into the car, Mia sighed and placed her hand on her forehead, "so there's a third one?"

"You're just planning to stay here with no hope to hold on for? Just dreams of you and I doing nothing?"

"It worked all summer. It'll work for eternity."

Kara and Stefan were in her head. They were sitting down under a weeping willow tree on a picnic blanket. She let go of the possibility of waking up.

"Why are you doing this to yourself? You've fought to live for so long and after one inconvenience, you just give up?"

"After turning my humanity back on, I was in this.. identity crisis. I couldn't even be myself because I don't know who I was actually. I can't remember my human life, I had my switch off for 900 or more years, I didn't know how to live with myself."

Kara picked out the grass from the ground and threw it away, she was in deep thought over this.

"People think I'm a monster. Far worse off than any of the Mikaelsons. At least they know some morals. Even my own dead brother stayed as a ghost to tell me that."

"Evil isn't born, it's made."

"Evil is in my bloodline. Literally," Kara glanced at Stefan, "Euphoria is evil. So am I. So will Mia. We live in her shadows."

"You must think you're not evil. I'm just in your head. What I'm telling you is what you already know yourself."

"You're not wrong," Kara chuckled, "maybe while I'm asleep, I can get past this mid-life crisis and–"

Kara woke up, gasping for air and coughing when she did. A lady was in front of her, another who she didn't know. Though, she was human, and Kara was hungry.

"I swore the next time I saw your face, I would kill you," Qetsiyah clenched her teeth, "but I know better. You seem hungry, I'll wait for you until then."

She vanished in thin air, leaving Kara to walk around in the dark, and stumbling into the streets where she saw a car full of a human family.

▬ ▬ ▬

I know most of this is about Euphoria and Silas, but it's part of the storyline so bare with me!! The Originals and Mia will have more scenes very soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 0 5
Alex halliwell takes a trip to New Orleans when she discovers the original family one caught her eye the nicklaus mikaelson they had a lot in common...
320K 8.3K 57
BEING REWRITTEN. IF CHAPTERS ARE MISSING, THEY'RE BEING EDITED AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN AN HOUR. It's been two years since Rory Forbes came back to M...
20.4K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
639K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...