•XiaoJun•

Xiao DeJun
Word count: 888
Where you start to see colour when you fall in love
-

Y/N's POV

Most of my friends slowly start to see colour. They're all falling in love, they found their soulmates. And here I am, still seeing everything in black and white. I slowly start to think I'll never find my soulmate, that I'll never see any colour. I want to know what that colour purple looks like or red or orange. Is it that beautiful? "Mom. When will I find my soulmate?" I ask her. "Just be patient girl. You'll find that person one day."

"I just wanna see colour, it must be beautiful right?" I ask her. "That's what they say yes." She answers. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "Well I don't see colour, I never have." My mouth dropped. "But... how?" She sighs. "That's not important. Just live your life and wait until you find that one person." She tells me. Mom walks away and I sigh. Maybe it's just a myth that you'll see colour. I take my phone and see I got a text from a friend, I text her back.

"Your first day at college. How do you feel?" Mom asks me. "I don't know how I should feel. I don't know anyone here." I tell her. "You'll get to know people. Don't worry." She tells me. "Go now and have fun okay." I nod and smile at her. "Bye mom. See you later." I left for school. Luckily I didn't live that far and I was there in no time. We first got a whole introduction speech from the headmaster and after that we got send to our classes. I already sit down at a table as someone tapped my shoulder.

"Can I sit here?" I turn to see a guy. "Sure. No one else sits here." I say. "I'm Xiao Dejun but call me Xiaojun please." He smiles. "I'm y/n." I tell him. After that we were quiet. It was a little awkward. I wanted to talk to him but about what? "Do you know anyone here?" He asks. "Uh no. All my friends went to another school. What about you?" I ask. "I'm also alone here. Maybe we can be friends." He was too kind to say no so I nod and smile at him instead. "Of course Xiaojun." He cutely smiles again.

"So I made this instead." Xiaojun was explaining but my head was hurting too much. "Y/n are you okay?" He asks concerned. I look up again and was shocked by what I saw. I saw something else than black and white. I see my first colour ever! That means I met my soulmate, but who is it? "I'm fine please continue with what you were talking about." I tell him. I don't want to say I see colour, not yet. I first want to know who. Once I get home I'll tell mom about this! But now I couldn't stop looking at the sky and Xiaojun's sweater, it was both the same colour.

"Hey y/n, how are you today?" Xiaojun walks to me. I look at him and see some other colour I've never seen before. He was wearing a lot of it. Maybe it's his favourite colour, wait he doesn't see colour yet. "Hey Xiaojun, nice shirt." I tell him. "Thank you. It's the same colour as your bracelet." He smiles. I look at it, how does he see that? Is he falling in love with someone? Who does he like? I can't ask that.

"Why do you look sad?" He asks. "I don't know. I have to go, bye." I turn around and walk away. Why do I care that he likes someone. He might've found his soulmate, I should be happy for him. "Y/n." I look up and see Xiaojun. "Yes?" I face him. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Please tell me." He says. "You see colour." I say. "What about it?" He asks. "Never mind, you won't get it anyway." I tell him. "I'm worried about you." He sits next to me. "Why? It's not like I'm your soulmate." I sigh. "Is that why you're like that?"

I just look at him. "Who said you're not my soulmate? Do you see colour y/n?" He asks. "Maybe. But not everything yet. That must be a sing that I'm not with my soulmate yet." I say. "That's not true. You're closer than ever before! I am your soulmate. Ever since the first day I saw you, I already could see a little bit of colour. By now I see pretty much everything." He tells me. "And I don't, can you explain that?" I ask as I look at him in confusion. Instead of saying anything, he kissed me.

Once we pulled away everything was so bright. "Do you now see everything?" He asks me. I look around and start smiling. "I told you, I am your soulmate and you're mine." I nod. "You're right. I'm sorry that I didn't want to believe it." I apologise. "It's fine. I'm already happy we found each other." He takes my hand in his. "So what now?" I ask. "I don't know. First date?" He asks me. "F-first date? That sounds amazing." I tell him.

~
A/N: This was really short, I know. But I'm so busy with school lately that I don't have any inspiration... if anyone wants to request or something?