•Jaemin•

Na Jaemin
Word count: 1105
Jaemin x boy reader
-

Jaemin's POV

My parents always told me I'll find a beautiful and smart girl who I'll love and date. A girl who I can make happy and they'll make me happy in return. But why am I not happy then? I'm dating Sooyoung, a very nice and smart girl. We've been dating for a while now, everyone thinks she's the perfect match for me and she's indeed amazing. I love her, I think. At least if this is what love is supposed to feel like. I'm just not sure about it, how do I feel?

"Hey babe." Sooyoung caught my attention. "Yes what's wrong?" I furrow. We were watching a drama so I was confused to why she needed me. "We've been dating for a while now and um... did you ever kissed someone?" She asks. "Why that sudden question?" I questioned. "Just, I thought we could maybe kiss one time. Isn't it about time?" I was surprised by her question. "Y-you want to... to kiss?" She nods. "I've never kissed someone before so I wonder how it feels like." She tells me and I nod. "Okay, I guess we can kiss." I was nervous.

We both lean in, Sooyoung closed her eyes. As soon as our lips touched I closed my eyes as well. My heart was beating fast. What do I do? How do I feel about it? We both pull away. "That was..." I didn't finish my sentence. "Amazing." She smiles. "Y-eah, exactly." I awkwardly smile. I'm not sure if I really enjoyed it as much as she did. But I can't tell her, I'm supposed to keep her happy like a real boyfriend should. The evening went on, after a while I say goodbye to Sooyoung as I left back home.

"So you kissed with her?" Y/n asks surprised. "Yes." I say hesitant. "Oh no, what is it?" He asks me. "Sooyoung liked it so much. But I didn't, it just didn't feel right. But I can't tell her, she's supposed to be happy, I'm supposed to make her happy." I tell him. "Jaemin if it didn't feel right then you should start thinking about how you actually feel towards her. You can't hide your feelings for her. Think about yourself too for once." He tells me. "Can I ask you something?" He hums in response.

"How did you find out when you were gay?" I ask him. "Mhm well I was in a relationship with this girl once but I soon noticed I didn't really have feelings for her. I found out that I'm not attracted to girls." He explains. "Jaemin, are you questioning your sexuality?" I sigh. "Maybe. But my parents won't approve." I say. "They're your parents, they love you no matter what. And just think carefully about it okay." I nod. "I'll think carefully about it, don't worry." He smiles at me, his adorable smile made me feel some type of way. Do I like him?

"I have to go now actually. Jaemin I talk to you later." He gets up and is ready to leave but I stop him. Neither of us say a word. I look him in the eyes then at his lips. Will I do it? No I can't risk it. Y/n looks at me and smiles. "You'll be fine Jaemin." He gives me a hug, it was so warm. It made me feel comfortable and safe. Maybe I do really like him. After all these years being friends with him. But how do I tell him that?

"I'm happy we could meet here." Me and Sooyoung sat down on a bench at the park. I'm telling her today how I feel. It won't be easy at all. "Why did I have to come?" She asks me. "I need to tell you something. I didn't think about how I'll tell you and I don't want to do this but I also can't lie to you for ever." I say. "Lie? Jaemin what did you do?" She asks concerned. "I don't think we can be together anymore. It's not your fault and I'm so sorry." I said. "But why Jaemin?"

"Well I've been thinking for a while and... I'm gay. I'm just not attracted to any girl. I'm sorry." I didn't dare to look her in the eyes, I was nervous for her reaction. Maybe she hates me now, what if she tells my parents before I do it myself. "I'm happy for you. And honestly I already had a feeling this relationship wasn't working out. But I hope we can still be friends." She said. "Yes of course, that'd be great. But I have to do something else. Bye Sooyoung." I waved at her and left the park to meet someone else.

It's unexpected but I just need to see him now. I ring the doorbell of the house. "Jaemin? What are you doing here?" Y/n asks confused. Without saying a word I pull him closer and kiss him on the lips. After a few seconds he kissed back. His feelings are mutual. "I love you." I say as we pulled away. "I love you too. But what about Sooyoung? And your parents. "I broke up with Sooyoung and she's fine with it. I also came out to her. But my parents, I haven't told them yet."

I was with y/n watching a movie. I get closer to him without him noticing. "Y/n." As he turned his head to look I kiss him. "What are you doing? What if someone sees us?" He asks. "No ones home, don't worry." We smile at each other before he kissed me again. The kiss taking longer than usual. I love him so much. "Jaemin?" I suddenly hear my mom's voice. I pull away from the kiss. "Mom, dad I can explain." I say. "Is this why you broke up with Sooyoung?" My dad asks. I slowly nod.

"I'm gay. And I know you expected me to date a girl and make each other happy but y/n and I are also very happy together. Are you mad at me?" I look down at the floor not daring to watch them in the eyes. "Jaemin how can we be mad at you? This is amazing news!" Mom says. I look up in surprise and smile. They both give me a hug. "We're glad you're happy and we'll always support you!" Dad says. "Thank you so much." I smile and was all excited. This might be the best day of my life!

~
A/N: not totally how I wanted it to turn out👉👈 anyway my friend is trying to make me a giant Mark cardboard as a Christmas present, see me having my own Mark next month
💚🌱