•Haechan•

Lee Donghyuck
Word count: 1207
-

Y/N's POV

I'm in love with my best friend. I have for so long but I haven't confessed yet. I'm scared for his answer. "Y/n, what's wrong?" My older sister asks. "Nothing." I tell her. "There's definitely something because you're laying on that same spot, staring at your ceiling with sad songs playing." She says. "Fine, you wanna know?" I ask and she nods. "I like, no I love Haechan. That's my problem." I sigh. "I don't see the problem." She says. "I can't confess. That'll ruin everything!" I tell her. "No you won't. He definitely likes you too. Just confess."

I look at her. "You think so?" She quickly nods. "Who doesn't love my little sister? Look at you! You deserve all the love. And it's obvious that he loves you too. Just confess to him okay?" I slowly nod in response. My sister left my room. I sit up and look at my phone. Haechan texted me, he wants to hangout. Maybe it's a good thing, then I can confess to him. I respond to him and get out of bed. "Finally decided to get out of bed?" My sister asks when I got downstairs.

"Haha really funny." I said sarcastically. "But I'm going to Haechan's place." I tell her. "Confessing?" She asks. "Maybe, I'll see you later." I walk out the door and deeply breathe in before I start my walk to his house. I breathe deeply in as I stand in front of his house. I'm going to confess. Right before I could knock he opened the door. "Hey y/n come in. I want to show you something." I couldn't even say something, he pulled me inside. "Look I got a new game!" He showed me and gave me a console.

"Did you ask me to come over so we could play this game?" I ask him. "Yes! You're my best friend, who else do I have to play this game with?" He says. I'm his best friend, he only sees me like that. Maybe I shouldn't confess. "Y/n? Are you listening?" I looked at him. "What, yeah. Let's just play." I smile. We start playing the game. We were sitting extremely close and Haechan looks and smiles at me from time to time. His smile is so precious, it makes my heart beat faster.

I just want to tell him already. But I shouldn't risk anything. Oh how difficult it can be to just say that I like him. "Haechan." He hums in response, he doesn't even look. "I... uh, can I go to the restroom?" I couldn't say it. "Of course. You know you don't have to ask that. I'll pause the game." He tells me. I go to the restroom and close the door behind me. I breathe a few times in and out. "You can do this y/n, just say 'I like you.' That's not difficult." I say to myself.

I walk out but stop as I hear Haechan talking. He's on the phone with someone. "Of course I like her, have you seen her. No of course it's not all about the looks I know." Is he talking about me? He likes me. "But I'm now with y/n. No, she's just my friend." So he wasn't talking about me. He likes someone else. I'm so stupid for thinking that he likes me too. As he ended the call I walk back. "Haechan, I think it's better if I go home now." I tell him. "What why? We haven't finished the game."

"I'm not feeling so well. And I remember that I still need to do my chores." I used as an excuse. "Oh okay. You want me to walk you home? I don't want anything to happen on your way." I shook my head. "I'll be fine, I don't live that far. Bye." As I opened the door, a girl stood there. "Bab- eh who are you?" She looked disgusted. "I'm y/n, who are you?" I asked her. "Does it matter to you? What are you doing in Haechanie's house?" I roll my eyes, this must be the girl he likes.

I already don't like her. "Don't worry I'm leaving anyway. Haechan, someone's here for you!" I tell him before leaving. "Hey you're here." I hear them behind me as I was walking away. "Yeah but who's that? You know I don't like you to hang out with other girls." I shook my head. How does he like someone like her? "I'm sorry, I won't anymore okay." I still heard that. I didn't want to turn around. I just wanted to disappear. I run back home, my eyes filled with tears. Why am I so sad?

I received multiple texts and calls, all from Haechan. I haven't talked to him since that day. I don't want to see or hear him. Only like that, I'll get over him. "Y/n, here eat this please." My sister gave me a bowl of food. "I'm not hungry." I say. "You haven't eaten all day. You need to eat something. Don't let the thought of him take over." She placed the bowl on my desk and left my room. I still can't forget about him. Someone knocked on my door. "Go away s/n (sister/name)." I say, assuming it's her.

"So I can still come in?" A head peeked inside. "You should also leave, Renjun." I say as I saw him. "No. Y/n, you need to come outside, you need to eat, you need to be the old you again." He tells me. "I am still the old me, there's no new me." I tell him. "What do you want me to do? Beat his ass for dating some stupid girl?" I slowly nod my head. Renjun sighs and shook his head. "What do I do? Y/n I want you to be happy again." He says. Just then someone else knocked on my door.

"Y/n, I wanna talk. Renjun?" We both look surprised to see Haechan. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "I'm here to help y/n. Something you never did." Haechan sighs. "I know. That's why I'm here. Can I please talk with y/n, alone." Renjun gets up and leaves my room. "Why are you here?" I ask him. "You didn't answer my calls so this was my only option to speak to you." He says. "What do you wanna say? That you can't see me anymore because your girlfriend said so?" I raised my voice.

"She was never my girlfriend. I just thought I liked her but I was wrong. I wasn't happy with her at all." He tells me. "So? What do you wanna say?" I ask. "I like you." He pulls me closer and kissed me. "I'm so stupid for only realising it now. But I really do like you y/n." He tells me. "What do you say? Do you want to give me another chance?" He holds my hand in his, waiting for an answer. "How do I know that you won't hurt my feelings again? I don't know if I can do this. I'm sorry."

~
A/N: I wanna write something about Shotaro or Sungchan but I don't know anything about them yet... any suggestions maybe?
💚🌱