•Haechan•

Lee Donghyuck
Word count: 1103
Angst(?) mental health and psychiatry but nothing too bad
-

Y/N's POV

I was sitting in the corner drawing, like always. I don't have a need to be surrounded by all of these people. "Ooh that looks good, you're a real artist." Someone suddenly says. I look up and see a boy standing. "Who are you?" I ask. "Wait I don't have to know. If you're gonna make fun of me you can better leave." I say. "What? I just have you a compliment why'd I make fun of you?" He asks. "Because it's me, everyone makes fun of me. I'm used to it anyway."

"Can I sit down?" I just look at him. The boy sits down. "You shouldn't be used to people making fun of you. And I really mean what I said, it's very beautiful what you're drawing." He tells me. I don't answer, I don't want to be social. "I'm Haechan by the way, we can be friends." He smiles. "Oh no, we're not. I'm leaving." I take my sketchbook and pencils and leave the cafeteria. "Y/n where are we going?" I sigh. "To my room, please. I don't want to be here." I say. "Back to the cafeteria, it's lunch time for everyone. And you have to eat as well." Care taker Jung tells me. "You know good enough I don't belong in here!" I yell. "Y/n don't make me do this. Please just go back eat something or whatever. But you can't go to your room yet." She tells me. "But someone else is sitting at my table." I sigh. "Great, get to know that person and make a new friend." She tells me. "What? No I don't wanna be friends with some psycho kid." I say, maybe too loud. "Not everyone here is psycho, if you talk with them you'll get to know these people and their backstories. Now go sit down."

I go back to my table. "Don't think I'm here to be friends. I don't belong in here." I say. "So you think everyone's psycho?" Haechan asks. "Shut up." I say. "What are you here for?" He asks me. "Does it matter? Just shut up and eat your disgusting food." I say. "But I still don't know your name, can you at least tell me that?" I sigh and look at him. "What do you not get from shut up? I don't want to talk to you."

"Y/n it's dinner, you have to go to the cafeteria." One of the care takers tell me. "I'm staying here." I say. "You can't." He says. "Get out of my room." I say. "Okay, but you still have to eat and come with everyone to the cafeteria." I take my sketchbook and get up. "No, you leave that here. Else you don't eat." He takes my sketchbook and placed it on my desk. "I hate you." I mumble under my breath. "You hate everyone, it's nothing new." I roll my eyes at his comment.

I go to the cafeteria and sit at my table. No ones here, that means Haechan listened to me. I watch the door, there he is. Why's mr Kim talking to him? Haechan looks at me and then goes to get his food. They were talking about me, I'm sure. I place my head on the table as I can't draw anything now. I feel the presence of someone and I look up. It's Haechan again. "Wasn't I clear enough earlier at lunch?" I ask. "You're the only one I know here so I decided I could sit with you." He smiles.

"And now I know that your name's y/n, here eat something." He gave me his dessert, pudding. "It's yours." I say. "I got enough food for myself, just eat this please. I haven't seen you eating yet. And I got here right before lunch." He says. "Are you stalking me?" I ask but he just laughs. "No. Trust me I don't. Now eat that." He says. "It's too much calories." I mumble. "Want an apple instead? I do wanna see you eat something." He says. "Fine I'll eat that stupid apple." He gave me the apple and took his pudding back.

"So why are you here? You still didn't answer that." He says. "I don't think it's something you should now. Like I already said I don't belong in here." I tell him. "If you don't belong in here, neither do I. I think I know for what you're here." He says which surprised me. "Did someone told you?" I ask. "No, I observed. You're coping with anxiety, social anxiety and depression. You also never want to eat and look at the calories of everything so I'm guessing also an eating disorder." I gulp, how does he know?

"Am I right?" He asks. I slowly nod. "But I'm totally fine, I can perfectly go back home." I say. "No y/n, you're not okay. And that's fine. I also have my problems, everyone does. That's why we're here, to get help and get better." He tells me. "You don't believe that right?" I ask. "I sure do." He tells me. "It's clearly your first day. Wait until next week, you'll be saying something way different." I say. "Yeah right." He shook his head. "But now you know why I am here. Now tell me why are you here?" I ask.

"Pretty much the same thing as you. Anxiety and depression, but instead of not eating I eat my problems away. That's how I cope with everything. My parents got worried about it and now I'm here." He explains. "So actually what they're saying is that you should eat less?" He glares and shook his head. "No, well yes but not like that. They send me here to help me cope it on a better way. I already tried many things so now we're trying this." He tells me. "Isn't it scaring you?" I ask. "Being here? Just a little."

"Good morning." Haechan smiles at me as he sits down with his plate full of food again. "Here's your food, now eat it." He tells me. "I hate you." I say. "Love you too." He chuckles. "Anyway. A week has passed, what do you say now?" I ask. "Let's get out of here." He says with a straight face. "I'd love to but we're stuck." I sigh. "We can sneak out tonight." He says. "As long as we stay together, we'll be fine and strong." He smiles at me. "Tell me more." I listen to his whole plan. We're doing this together.

~
A/N: if this makes anyone uncomfortable with reading pls tell me. I don't want you to feel bad when reading

💚🌱