Sniffles ~ The Avengers

Request- the reader is sick and refuses to rest, the team is worried and tries to convince her. 

Tvd_TO_geek

Warnings- the reader is very sick (cold and flu-like symptoms), vomit, and language

Words- 3672

~~~~~~

You could never say no to your little niece. Your sister and brother-in-law had to go out of town for a few days for their work and they needed a sitter. You happily stepped up to the plate, you were pretty neutral on the idea of kids, but your little niece was different. She rocked your world and she was only a few years old. 

She would be staying at your house for a few days and just chilling. You currently picked her up and down and carrying her while she held her hands out to her sides. She had on her little fairy wings and was pretending to fly. Once your arms got a bit tired of carrying your niece, you held her on your hip and smiled at her. 

"Again!" she says with her cute, smile. He two front teeth missing. You smiled, "No, babydoll, my arms are tired, " you say as you adjust her on your hip. She frowns, but then her face contorts and scrunches up. She lets out a heavy, spit-filled sneeze directly in your face. You felt the droplets of spit land on your lips, nose, and eyes. 

You groan and wipe your face, setting your niece on the ground. You go to get a paper towel. "Sorry, " she says shamefully. You feel bad, you could never get mad at her. She was just far too cute. You sigh, "It's okay, just remember to cover up next time, okay babydoll?" you say and grab her hand, walking back over to the couch to relax. 

She nods and holds her tummy. You and she could both hear her stomach growl for food. You chuckle, "Go ahead and sit on the couch. I'll get you a little snack and we can watch a movie, " you say and she nods as she shuffles to the couch and climbs onto the cushions. You walk into the kitchen and grab a few apples and a jar of peanut butter. You core and slice the apples and scoop a few spoonfuls of peanut butter into a small bowl. 

You situation the plate of apples and peanut butter in from of your niece who was scrolling through Disney+ looking at all of the classic Disney films. She smiles as she dips the honey crisp red apple into the creamy peanut butter and takes a bite. You pick out the movie Cinderella and pull your niece into your lap.

She finished her apples and lays her head in your lap. You pull a blanket over her and smile when you see her eyes get droopier and droopier until they eventually close shut. 

~~~~~~

When the movie started to come to an end, you felt your niece wake up. You look down and see her frown and hear her whine. She calls out for you with grabby hands. "What's wrong, babydoll?" you and she holds her head, "My head. It hurts, " she says and pants out a tiny cry. You hold the back of your hand to her forehead and raise your brows in surprise. 

She was running a fever. You frown, how did you not see this before. You carry her up to your room and get her changed into some comfier clothes that weren't her fairy wings. You tuck her under your covers and damp a small cloth with cold water. Placing it over her head. She sneezes, this time covering it up with her elbow. 

She must be getting a cold. Her mom as picking her up tonight, so you'll only have to deal with the sick child for a little bit longer. Did you get her sick? Was it when we went to the ice parlor last night? Your mind wondered how your niece could've gotten sick. You've been feeling fine lately, nothing out of the ordinary.

~~~~~~

You wake up the next morning with a pounding migraine. It was almost nauseating how much your head hurt. You stopped your alarm clock which made your headache worst and rushed to pull the curtains shut so the light wouldn't be too bright.