Stoner ~ Peter Parker

Request- Peter Parker is a stoner!

_the_grim_

Warnings- use of marijuana, language, stoned behavior, use of alcohol

Words- 3907

~~~~~~

Peter has always been timid, although he is Spider-Man, confidence wasn't always his strong suit. He was hesitant to try out new things and anxious. Like one time when they were on a mission in Volgograd, Russia. Natasha took Peter out to grab dinner since it was getting late. Peter suggested the McDonald's down the road, he was afraid to try anything outside of what he knew; everything else in the area was Russian food.

But, Natasha wouldn't allow it and forced him to try something Russian while they were there. Every other time Peter had to go on a mission overseas, whether it was France, South Africa, or Thailand, he always found a food that he knew. That was mainly fast food. Now, he would finally be exposed to something foreign. Now, he would be arguing saying how he likes Chinese food, or he likes pasta. Meaning, he's technically tried foreign food. 

This was bullshit because none of the "foreign" food he's tried is authentic. Natasha dragged him away from the greasy, gross fast foods and to an authentic Russian restaurant. She ordered for the both of them, Pelmeni. They are pastry dumplings that are typically filled with minced meat and wrapped in a thin, pasta-like dough. They can be served alone, slathered in butter and topped with sour cream, or in a soup broth. She also ordered the soup broth, in case Peter didn't like the Pelmeni and he could just have the soup.

Peter poked at it with a frowny face and a scrunched nose. He cut it opened and smelled it. He shrugged and hummed at the fact that it didn't smell bad. Natasha smiled and told him, "Just eat it already!". He did and hummed happily at the taste. "See? Good, " says Natasha. Peter nodded and cleaned his entire plate off. He loved it and even stole some of Natasha's.

From that point forward he was much more open to new things. From new workouts to new skills. He didn't blush in embarrassment at criticism as much anymore. His food palette opened up more to new foods and cuisines. Everyone at school, at home, and on the team as his confidence spike. They were proud.

~~~~~~

"Okay everyone, I know no one wants to do this, but we have too, " Fury says as he has everyone file into the conference room. The Avengers is a branch to SHIELD, meaning they also have to have all the annual awareness presentations, like sexual assault or harassment at work, mental health awareness, and drug and alcohol abuse prevention. Today was drug and alcohol abuse prevention.

This presentation was already given in a big auditorium at SHIELD Headquarters for every agent. Now, it was the Avengers turn. Most of this was pointless. For Bucky, Steve, Bruce, and Thor, drugs, and alcohol didn't really affect them. Tony was an alcoholic, he still kinda is, but don't tell him that. Natasha was too good for drugs and sometimes like to have a drink. The only ones were drugs and alcohol might affect them is Clint, Sam, Peter. 

They have the team's psychiatrist come in and give the presentation. Her name was Dr. Lu, she was smart and very helpful to the team. Everyone loved her, she made friends with everyone on the team, which was great for her because now everyone was more open to sharing their issues with her. She greeted everyone with a smile and began. 

"So, I already know that I can trust you guys in not getting addicted to drugs and alcohol. But, this is something that we just have to do. If anyone has any questions, please ask, " she says and Peter raises his hand. "Yes, Peter?" she calls on him. "Do you have the lollipops like last year?" Peter asks.