Sweet, Sweet Agony ~ Vision

request: fem!OC!readerXvision, OC has Wanda's powers, and after they blow up the building in Nigeria. Vision comforts them after the incident.

hitmewithabus3

warnings- language, smut (female oral receiving, unprotected sex), some angst if you squint

words- 3957

~~~~~~

They're all staring at you. Their eyes flooding with fear as their working hands covered their gasping mouths. You look up to see the fire you had just created. You fall to the ground, the rough dirt and gravel tear at your pants as you let out a muffled sob. The crowd of locals crying as they see their hospital building burning with vicious flame.

Of all buildings I chose, I chose a hospital. I threw an explosion and a person at a hospital and now it's burning. You can't think of anything else, you can't even breathe. You just sob into your hands and stare at the burning hospital wing.

Steve notices you and your scarred state and walks over to you. "C'mon kid, it'll be alright. Let's get in there and evacuate as many people as we can. C'mon, " he says and lifts you to your feet. You hear his words but give no response, your eyes still locked on the flames. Steve huffs and gives your shoulders a shake, "Y/N!" he shouts and you make eye contact with him, your vision blurry from the tears that welled in your eyes. "C'mon, we gotta' get in there and help as many people as we can. Sam called Fire and Rescue, now we gotta' help them. Now, move it!" he says with his voice raised slightly.

You nod and run with him to the hospital building. You levitate to the roof of a neighboring building and raise your shaky hands. If you could pull tear gas out of a building then you can pull out fire. You concentrate on the flame and you try to ignore the screams of locals trying to push away from the burning building. You took in a deep breath and zoned in on the flame.

Airy scarlet ribbons seeped out of your fingertips and palms, you watched as they floated up to the fire. They tied around nothing, but they still grabbed hold of the fire. You used a pulling motion towards your chest as you moved as much of the fire out of the building. Once the majority was out, you threw it up into the sky to let it disperse and disappear with no source of fuel. 

You watched as Steve and Natasha run into the entrance of the building and Sam flew in through the hole in the side. You saw the fire and rescue trucks pull in and watched as the men and women ran inside to save as many people as possible. You looked down at your feet and then you looked at your hands, the silver rings were smudged with dirt and grime. You gritted your teeth and dropped down to your knees.

~~~~~~

Back at the compound

You shuffled back into your room and shut the door, yanking off your clothes and tossing them to the corner so they can join the rest of the pile of dirty laundry. You pull off your rings and slam them on your desk.

The feeling of sadness and guilt was washed away with anger and frustration. You screamed and let out a loud animal-like sound. It was the only form of release you could get. "Of all the fucking buildings, Y/N, you stupid-ass chose a hospital. A fucking hospital!" you muttered angrily to yourself as you rummaged through your dresser drawer to look for clean clothes. 

"Why didn't you just fucking throw him high up into the sky and let the bomb go off that way. Instead, you threw Rumlow and the stupid bomb into a building full of sick people?" you continue to mutter as you storm into the ensuite bathroom and turn on the hot water.

"I shouldn't have lost control like that. Dozens of people just died because of me, deaths that were so avoidable!" you grumble as you slam your clothes onto the toilet lid and bury your face into your palms, your nails digging into the skin of your face and leaving red marks and crescent moons all over it.