Recruit ~ Bucky Barnes

Request- a part two of "A kid?" where Fury tries to recruit the reader

AsteriaHunter

Warnings- Language

Words- 5018

~~~~~~

"Hey Y/N!" you hear a voice call from the crowded busy hallway of your school. You turn around a see your close friend, Ned, running up behind you. "Hey, what's up!" you say with a smile as you both walk, weaving through the crowd of students.

"I was just gonna as if you took Mr. Langhone's math test, but, he's my next class and I didn't study, " he says and you gawk with a gasp, "You? Ned? Didn't study. I thought you and Parker had a little study buddy group thing, " you say as you stop at your locker to pull out your AP psychology textbook. 

"I know, we do, " Ned tiredly, "But, um, he was, um, busy, " he says and makes uncomfortable eye contact with you. You furrow your brows and shrug as you close your locker. "Well, I would help you, but I don't take that math class, I'm in Calculus BC+, you're taking AP, " you say as you try to walk slowly before your classrooms, "But, if you're really stumped then just text me the equation and I'll do it and send you the answers, " you say and Ned sighs, "Okay, thank you, " he says and you both part into your classrooms.

"Good afternoon, Miss. Barnes, how do you do?" your psychology teacher, Mrs. Morales, asks as you set down your backpack. "I'm doing well, just ready to go home and catch up on some rest, " you say with a sigh. She smiles as shuffles with papers, "I understand the feeling, " she says.

The room begins to fill with a few more students, it wasn't a very big class, only a handful of students took AP psychology. The few seats filled with a student,  pulling out notebooks and pens and their phones. The bell rang and Mrs. Morales began her classroom. She stepped to the front and picked up her dry erase marker. 

"Today, we will be going over a topic that you should've learned a bit about last year in regular psychology. But, this will be more in the psychiatry realm of psychology. Today, we will learn about psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia. A psychotic disorder is a mental disorder characterized by a disconnection from reality. These can be seen as audial and visual hallucinations, " she explains and you excitedly begin to take notes. 

This is what you wanted to do as your profession, a psychiatrist. Learning about mental disorders and learning how to treat them and learning symptoms made the gears in your head turn. 

She goes on to talk about schizophrenia and what it is characterized by. You intently take notes, but the ringing of the class phone disrupts your focus. Mrs. Morales groans as her now interrupted lesson and walks over to her desk to answer the phone. She nods with a hum and looks towards you.

"Miss. Barnes, you are being dismissed, " she says and you furrow your brows. Your Dad never picked you up from school without warning hours before. You collect your belongings and walk over to your locker to gather your homework and textbooks needed, but you also leave some unnecessary things behind. You walk to the office, expecting you to see your Dad sitting quietly in a chair with his left hand tucked into his pocket. But, to your surprise, you see Director Fury, smiling at you with his legs crossed.

He rises to his feet and goes over to you. "There you are, I was waiting for you, come with me, Miss. Barnes, " he says and guides you out of the school. He goes to take you towards a jet black SUV and you sit in the front seat. You look curiously around the car. What would he need from you that he couldn't get from your Dad?

Fury sits in the driver's seat and you look at the car that you drove to school. "What about my car?" you ask and Fury peeks out his window and nods. "We have someone taking care of that, " he says, "I gotta talk to you, kid, " he says and your mind begins to file over everything bad that you have ever done.