Magic Tricks ~ Wanda Maximoff

Request- Wanda and Reader(15 yrs), she is very motherly over the reader. The reader lost their grandmother and Wanda tries to cheer then up with her powers. 

Zorexndra

Warnings- lost of relative, language

Words- 3312

~~~~~~

You and Wanda have always been close. Even though she was only a few years older, she was a motherly figure to you. After you lost both of your parents during the Battle of New York, it was Steve and Tony that acted as parents, it was really the whole team that acted as your parents. They would pick you up after school, help you with homework, Steve even volunteered to go to a school dance with you when no one wanted to be your partner.

But, when Wanda was introduced to the team, something drew you towards her. You weren't sure if it was because you guys were pretty close in age, or if it was because you both shared similar life experience. But, you thought of Wanda like a mother. She helped you with dates, and dressing up nice for picture day. She would able to understand and laugh at all the memes and gifs you showed her.

Unlike Steve and Bucky who would squint their eyes and look at you curiously. You would be cracking up, rolling on the floor, almost peeing your pants at how funny the meme would be. But, they would stare at it and raise a brow. They never understood them. You would she show Wanda, she would read it and then snort and laugh. Balling her hand into a fist and banging the table, or the wall, or the floor.

You and Wanda had a tradition, every Saturday was a day where you two do one activity. Tonight was roller skating. Wanda was surprisingly good, she glided around so effortlessly. Being able to skate backward, and spin around, and go super fast. You, on the other hand, could barely go two feet without falling to the polished wooden ground and breaking your ass. You stuck to the wall for dear life and only went off of the wall when Wanda offered you her hand to help you balance and glide around.

Moments like these were fun. Even if you weren't any good at the activity, you relished this. Being on the team was difficult, there were a big responsibility and a very high expectation of you being an Avenger. The title laid heavily on your shoulder. You had to run through HYDRA bases, spy, and gather intelligence from anywhere in the world in any language. You have seen things that not many fifteen-year-old kids see. 

So, these moments where you could be a fifteen-year-old. It felt good, to laugh without it being a planned laugh to keep your cover. Being able to keep looking forward, instead of behind your shoulder. You were able to make a mistake and fall to the floor and it wouldn't be your life on the line. You could breath easy.

You and Wanda bought a slushie from the snack bar and take a seat down at a table. "So, are you enjoying your night?" Wanda asks, an accent lingers in her words. "Of course, I always enjoy our Saturday nights out, " you say with a smile as you slurp from the slushie. The cold drink making your head hurt. You groan and hold your hand to your forehead. "Aha! Brain-Freeze!" Wanda chuckles and you laugh.

You both finish your drinks and make small talk. You and Wanda carefully watch for anyone that was about to take a tumble, similar to what happened to you out on the rink. A person in skates and a black and white striped polo was race over to help you up. There was one little girl, about four or five years old and she was in little skates, pushing around on the wall. But, an older kid, around the same age as you, zoomed past her. The little girl was able to fall backward.

Wanda flicked her wrist and caught the girl, what looked like red ribbons wrapped around the poor girl's body and helped her steady. The little girl looked confused at the red ribbons when they disappeared. She looked around and smiled when she saw the Scarlet Witch smiling at her. The little girl waved excitedly and began to shuffle over to you and Wanda.