Long Lost Friend ~ Natasha Romanoff

Request- Natasha found out that Yelena is still alive and focused all her time and energy into finding her, but doesn't focus on herself

Sxarletwidow3014

Warnings- talks of not eating, language, unhealthy habits

Words- 4802

~~~~~~

It was an ordinary mission for Natasha, this was an ordinary mission for all of the Avengers. Getting some information from a HYDRA base, taking out agents, going home, and repeat. But, something was off about this, all the agents were already down. But, they weren't laying on the ground for long, they must've been dead for less than a few hours.

The blood was still fresh, skin just barely held warmth, cigarette smoke still came from the rolled tobacco on the floor. This made the Avengers much more alert, they weren't alone. Someone else was also after HYDRA, but who? They checked the rooms, labs, corridors. Nothing, but heaps of dead HYDRA agents. 

Natasha stalked with more caution, her wides wide as they stare down the barrel of her handguns. The question lingered in everyone else's mind, who else is after HYDRA. This wasn't the work of a federal agency like the military, this was done far too out of the league of a soldier. Was it another secret agency? It had to be a group, there was no one someone could've taken this alone. 

They slowly walked into the data and computer rooms. Weapons raised for an attack, but the room was already torn to shreds. The computer monitors were cracked, broken, or static. The security agent laid in a chair, his head on the keyboard. A pool of blood staining the table and papers. There was no way this was a military group, far too gory and ruthless. 

Steve plugged in a hard drive to download information, but the entire system was wiped clean. Whoever did this was smart, talented, well-trained. Obviously skilled in fighting, hand-to-hand combat, they knew a HYDRA base well, they knew to hack and how to work their computer systems without leaving a trail. 

"Let's move out, "  Steve says and everyone begins to leave. Natasha walks out with the rest of the team. She takes a few last looks at the dead agents. They all took lethal blows, bruises on their throats, gashes on their soft temples, some have their necks bent at an awkward angle. Whoever did this was very skilled. It was almost familiar to Natasha.

But, she brushed it off and boarded the Quinjet.

~~~~~~

"Oh come on!" Tony groans as the see the fifth HYDRA base this month that was already freshly wiped. More hallways with the floor covered with HYDRA agents, dead. The data and security rooms have been wiped clean and files taken from the cabinets. 

Whoever this person or group is is just barely in front of the Avengers. The Avengers are just a tad bit too late for the mystery person or group. "Who the hell did this?" Natasha whispered to herself. She felt a graze on her boot and a cough come from below her. She drew her handgun, staring down the barrel of the gun to the forehead of a struggling agent.

She knelt down and grabbed him by her collar, holding him up. He had a gunshot wound right through his lung, he coughed up droplets of blood. Natasha knew she couldn't help him, she wouldn't either way. But, she could get some information. "Who did this?" she asks calmly. The dying agent coughed and groaned, his head lolling side to side. Natasha asked him again, pressing on the wound.

"Who did this?" she asks and puts more pressure on the gaping wound in his chest. The agent groans and whimpers at the pain being inflicted upon him. "Блондин, " he groans, "Она белая и носила что-то вроде тебя, "