Like Magnets ~ Peter Parker

request- PeterParkerxGwenStacey, how The Amazing Spider-Man 2, would've ended if Gwen Stacey didn't die.

Blackpinkforever2007

warnings- angst, fluff, language

words- 4137

~~~~~~

Tunnel vision, his eyes trained on the eyes that are filled with so much fear. Peter holds out his hand and shoots a web from his wrist. 

Please reach her. For the love of god, reach her!

The web stretching further and further, slipping through and missing the clock gears, until it finally stuck to her blouse. Mere feet from the cement floor, there is a brutal snap as her body dangles limp, clinging to the sticky silk. Peter drops down after attaching the web to a surface, there is a small relief in his chest. 

"Gwen?" he calls for softly, a small shake in his voice. She isn't moving, just hanging there, her legs, arms, and head hang down. "Hey, hey, hey, Gwen, " Peter says, slightly more concerned, he holds her bridal style. "Gwen!" he says louder. He presses her ear to her chest, he can hear the faint beating of a heart. "Thank god, " he mutters to himself, "Alright babe, just stay with me, just stay with me. I'm gonna get us out of here."

He isn't sure if she can hear him, but he just silently hopes that she can hang on just a little longer. He detaches the web from her shirt and webs her hands around his waist so she can hold on. He can hear her heart, it's so faint, and her breath, it's so shallow. He tries to think of the nearest hospital as he holds onto her, trying to support her neck. He lands in front of the Columbia University Medical Center, just across from the George Washington Bridge.

"Hey! I need help here! I think she hurt her neck!" he shouts, so desperate for help. A few nurses and staff rush over with a gurney. "She fell and I tried to catch her with a web, but her head snapped back and I think I heard a pop." he tries to explain while placing her in the gurney as they kept her head still. The nurse nodded, "We'll take her from here Spider-Man, thank you." they say and rush off. He tries to follow but knew it was just best to get out of here. He remembers that he left Harry in the clock tower. He rushes back to the tower, all the gears fell to the floor and the structure is just barely standing. 

But there he is. Laying unconscious against the brick wall, a few metal gears and bricks trapping him. Peter clenches his fists and grits his teeth, flashes of Gwen's face spark up in Peter's mind. How she laid so limp, the gruesome crack that came from her when the web caught her. Would she not survive this? He just got her back, did he have to lose her too? All because of him.

He choked back a harsh sob and screamed, rushing over to Harry and grabbing him by his neck. "I should kill you." Peter grits as his tears flow freely down his masked face, soaking into the fabric of his suit, "I should!" He can see Harry gain consciousness, he heard him. He chuckled weakly. "Then do it, Spider-Man, " Harry says, just above a pathetic whisper, "Kill me, Spider-Man. KILL ME PETER!" Harry screams and then cackles. Peter finds himself grinding his teeth together. 

He's never killed anyone like this before. Harry was his friend. They've shared laughs, they've talked about life and girls and video games. They've teased and joked with each other. But now? What was Harry? He's crazed, but nevertheless, an old friend. Peter groaned and webbed Harry's mouth shut. He waited for the police to arrive from afar and then when he saw that the situation was under control he webbed home and got out of his suit. 

All he could think about when he took his boiling hot shower was Gwen. Those eyes, she looked so scared. Was she still alive? He quickly finished showering and getting into a t-shirt and jeans. As he was about to leave his room, he stared at the photo of his parents that was taped to the wall. His heart hurt a little more and he almost began crying again.