Monthly ~ Loki Odinson

Request- fem!readerXlokiodinson, the reader is on her period and Loki tries to make sure she is comfortable.

ashmercury

Warnings- talks of blood, menstrual cycle, language

Words- 2169

~~~~~~

Ah, yes, the menstrual cycle. A women's favorite week of the month. They love to go through hours of pain, waterfalls of blood, and red dots of puss on their face. You wouldn't say that you allowed your cycle to control you, but you let it control you. When you were emotional, you cried your eyeballs out and usually for no good reason. When you were craving something you would murder anyone that got in your way. When you had a bad cramp, you took it as a sign to stay in bed all day.

Normally, no one asked. They always knew because you would get snappy and irritated easily. One time, it was the first day of your period and you were trying to peacefully enjoy your breakfast. Stark took it upon himself to make a period joke, and that was almost the last joke he ever made. It took half a second for you to go from peaceful to full-blown angry fireball.

You surprised everyone that was in the kitchen at the time. Even Natasha was surprised and she never looked surprised. You stormed out of the kitchen, shoving a-shitting-his-pants-Stark out of the way, and locked yourself in your room. Natasha told everyone to leave you alone for the day, don't ask you for anything, don't even try to be nice to you. She wanted everyone to leave you be.

Before her ability to have children was taken away. She had a terrible time with her period. Heavy flow, god-awful cramps, migraines the size of Europe, her face was like a connect-the-dots game. So, when your time of the month came along, she tried to sympathize with you and make sure you were comfortable. She would take over for your position and fill in your you if there was a mission that week. 

You always kinda just rode off your period alone, until Loki came along. At first, you didn't tell Loki. You didn't want him to worry, so when you needed to curl up in bed and let a cramp pass. You just told him you were sick, and he believed it. But, there was one time, where he had to find out.

You were using the bathroom one day, and you look down at your underwear and there is it. A beautiful, red stain that also bled through your pants. You groan and it echoes in the bathroom. You would've called out for Natasha and Wanda, but they were running errands. You sigh and shout for your boyfriend, Loki. 

"LOKI! Come here, please!" you shout and wait. Loki peeks into the bathroom and furrows his brows at the sight of you reaching into the sink cabinet and orange package. "Love, what is the matter?" he asks and almost laughs at your flushed face. "Go into my dresser, get me my sweatpants and underwear, " you say and he nods and does as he's told. He comes back and hands them to you.

You huff when you realize Loki gave you a lacey, sexy thong. "LOKI! Not a thong, something more covering, " you say and throw the thong at Loki. He comes back with something more comfortable and you get situated. You run your underwear under cold in hopes that's you will avoid staining. You walk back and lay face first on the mattress, groaning into your pillow. 

Loki lays down next to you and pulls you close into his chest. "What happened,  my queen?" he asks as he rubs soft circles on your lower back. You mumble your reponse into the pillow, Loki laughs. "I can't quite understand you, darling, " he says and takes your hand to kiss the top of it. You lift your head up and shout. "MY PERIOD!" your face falls back on the pillow.

"Period?" Loki questions, "Like the punctuation mark?" he asks and you smile. Of course he wouldn't understand. Did women on Asgard get their cycle? "No, like my menstural cycle, " you say and Loki furrows his thin eyebrows and pulls you closer. His face lit up with questions and curiosity. He loved learning things. More importantly, he loved learning things from you. If Tony or Steve tried to tell him something he would becoming sassy and walk off. But, with you, his eyes would light up and his smile would beam.