Hulk, no hurt ~ Bruce Banner

Request- shy!reader tends to avoid Bruce due to past traumas but allowed the Hulk while she is injured

A/N: This is not Endgame Bruce, this is Bruce that can turn into the Hulk. Endgame Bruce scares me.

Septoxxic

Warnings- language

Words- 4710

~~~~~~

You sat peacefully in your room located in the Avengers Mansion, your nose buried in a book. It was a bit of an older book, the yellow parchment was tattered and worn and the binding fell fragile. Your eyes glued to the faded words and your ears tuning out the pitter-patter of rain hitting your window.

You nursed a hot cup of tea, which sat in between your legs, and your soft blanket secured tightly around your shoulders. It was moments like this that you relished, peace and quiet while curling up with a nice book and tea. You loved the team with all your heart and soul, but they were a bit too loud and outgoing sometimes. Tony constantly hosting parties and Natasha always trying to hook you up with a date. Thor with his booming voice and heavy hands that patting you roughly on the shoulder and Peter and Steve that were usually asking questions and queries. The peace and quiet were humbling and reassuring.

The knock at your door that disturbed you made you huffed grumpily. You tore your eyes away from your book and spoke softly, "Come in, " you say and the door opens slightly to see Bruce poking in his head. He smiles, "Can I come in?" he asks and you nod your head. He walks in with his hands in his front pockets. You avoid eye contact with him, partially because you just wanted to finish your book and the other part was because he scared you. 

"Hey Y/N, Tony just wanted to know if you wanted to join the rest of us for the pre-mission movie night. I think we're watching Endings, Beginnings, " Bruce asks and you stick a bookmark to mark your page and close it carefully, setting it on your pillow. You nod and chuckle, "Didn't know that the team wanted to watch such a romantic and dramatic movie, " you say as you try to distract yourself from your own fear of the Hulk. 

Bruce also chuckles, "Well, it was Wanda's turn to pick. You know that she's a sucker for those films, " he says and goes to walk out of your room. He leaves you and you exhale the breath you didn't realize you were holding. You take in a deep breath and exhale it slowly, a technique you learned when you were very young whenever your anxiety threatened to attack. 

There shouldn't be anything to be afraid of, it was just movie night with the safest people on Earth. You walk to the elevator and go down to the movie room that Tony had insisted on building in the mansion. The screen is paused and everyone is making small conversation, some chewing on the puffy popcorn. You scan the room for open seats and you find one, in between Bucky and Natasha.

"This seat taken?" you ask and they shake their head with friendly smiles. You look to see who is behind you and it's Bruce. Your breath hitches as you quickly turn back around. You aren't sure how totally comfortable you are with him sitting behind you. What happens if he gets angry, or irritated, or stressed?

You dismissed the ridiculous thoughts from your head. Everyone was watching a movie, why would anyone want to be annoyed or angry now? You sigh and look at the bowl of popcorn sitting in Bucky's lap. You smile and steal a few, munching on the buttery puff. Bucky fakes a pout, but you know he is more than okay with sharing. The movie is unpaused and it begins.

A little way into the movie, you notice that one actor, Sebastian Stan. He looks an awful lot like Bucky. Everyone began to tease him as there was a rather arousing sex scene. Bucky blushed and turned as red as Natasha's hair. He sank deeper into his seat like he wanted to turn invisible and disappear into the red, velvet couch.