From Above ~ Pietro Maximoff

Request- Pietro is watching Wanda from above after his death in Age Of Ultron

CazoWeasly

Warnings- talks of death, language

Words- 3252

~~~~~~

He ran. He died a hero. Taking the hail of bullets, each one penetrating itself into the muscle and flesh of his body. His last words to someone he barely even knew. He smirked as he felt his body give out. You didn't see that one coming. Then he drops, dead, unmoving.

Wanda can feel it, she feels her twin drop to the rubble-filled ground. Her chest burns and she lets out a scream of agony. Holding her hands out and any enemy coming her way is destroyed into bits. She cries and screams, that wasn't supposed to happen, they should've stuck together, it should've been her. 

Pietro watches, the ghost of him lingering, he watches as Clint, the archer, carries his limp body to the aircraft. He watches as his sister, his sister that doesn't deserve this life, unleashes her anger and sadness and despair onto the enemies. He watches and can almost feel the emptiness of her. How she stalks and broods over to Ultron, who laid in a bus, busted up and breaking. How she kneeled out and tore what was his core out of his chest. 

He watches the battle of Sokovia fall to an end. He watched as the Sokovian people were evacuated way from the rising city. He watched as the Avengers finished the fight and the enemies retreated once they saw that their leader had fallen. He doesn't know where he is, or what he does from here. All he knows is that he has to watch over his sister. He scoffs with a charming smirk, "I'm still twelve minutes older."

His smile diminishes into a frown. He watches his twin sit with her knees close to her chest as she is flown out of the broken country. Her eyes are puffy as she stares into nothingness. Her hands shake and bottom lip wobbles, but no tears fall. There is an awful pang of guilt in Pietro's chest. He begins to think of what he could've done better.

Maybe instead of taking those bullets, he could've tackled him, Barton and the child out of the way. Maybe if he did that, he would be right there with his sister, being able to hold her and make her smile with his annoying brotherly nature. But, instead, he's in this unknown place, only able to love from a distance.

He continues to watch her, this all he can think of doing. Watching his sister, watching her dry tears, and put on a brave face while being asked a question. He watches her bite her long nails and runs her hand through her hair detangling knots. He watches the SHIELD Helicarrier bring her all the way back to the Avengers Mansion. He watches as she was questioned by other agents and scientists. 

He smiled, he was proud of her for being able to put on this strong facade even after she was just crying in the bathroom with the sink tap running. Pietros eyes then landed on Captain America's as he strutted down the hallway with the Black Widow by his side.

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees, " he says as he hands Natasha a tablet with information on it. "We've got some hitters, " she says and looks back up at him. Steve sighs, "They're good. They're not a team, " he says. Bullshit, Pietro thought.

Natasha smirks, "Let's beat 'em into shape, " she says and they walk past a metal door, where a man in a dark suit of armor lands, along with a man with wings, the Vision and his twin sister. Steve and Natasha smile as they stand upon them, they four down below them lookup. His sister looks hopeful, she seems to be wearing a slight smile. 

Steve takes a deep breath, "Avengers..." 

~~~~~~

A few months have passed, Pietro has kept a close eye on Wanda. He watches as she trains with the team, and learns from the best. Learning to harness her power for good. Not only does she learn more about herself and her own ability. She learns how to spy, how to gather intel, she learns how to fight with her lands and not her telekinetic ability.