Joining the Military ~ Preference

Prompt: You join the military and leave for deployment

Warnings: Language and mention to sex

Words: 1158

~~~~~~

STEVE

He was worried for you but proud for his best girl. He knew to join the Army was one of your passions and he saw how happy you were in the green camo.

He helped you pack for a nine-month deployment in Afghanistan. He drove you to the airport bright as day. You walked you inside, through security and checkpoint.

Soon all soldiers were being called to board. Steve didn't think he was gonna get emotional, but he got really emotional.

"Babe, don't cry, I'll be back in just a little under a year, " You says as you hold the crying Super Soldier in your arms. Everyone around you probably in shock that Captain America is crying.

"I love you, Master Sargent Y/F/N L/N, " he choked out and you smile, "I love you, Captain Steven Rogers, " you says and kiss his lips for the last time for nine months.

TONY

You have always loved the sky. So joining the Air Force was a no brainer when enlisting.

Tony at first acted like he didn't care, but that began to change when you got closer to JFK airport. As soon as you got to your gate he started bawling.

You chuckle at the sobs and pull away to cup his face, "Baby, it's three months, " you pause, "You'll do fine, " you assure.

You will be deployed in Saudi Arabia for 90 days with really isn't that bad, so Tony is being dramatic . . . As always.

"Who am I gonna drink with now?" Tony says trying to cheer himself up, "Nobody until I get back and we can drink our night away, " you say and kiss him.

You hold the kiss until you are called on board. But Tony doesn't let go, he pulls you in closer. "Tony, " you mutter against his lips, "Babe, " you mutter with a smile, "I love you, " he says and you smile even brighter.

"I love you too, " you say and begin to walk off, but you turn around, "I will be expecting a care package, " you say and snap back around.

CLINT

He was actually thankful.

In his words, "I can finally sleep without you getting horny as hell, "

Which is true, you can't help but get turned on by that sexy archer. Like you love to get dirty with it all night.

He offered to drop you off at the airport and you were fine with it. Joining the Marines you were just gifted with a one-year deployment.

As you two got closer to gate the more unsure he was. "Regreting this babe, let's go home and have sex, " he whispers and you snort.

"Too late, " you say and kiss him. "I'll be home before you know it, "

"But?" He begins to whine and you shush him. "Go home and take care of the kids, alright and remember I can always video call, " you say and walk off to board.

THOR

He didn't understand what it meant to join the military. He related it to Asgard which was very different.

After he understood, he got very sad. "So, you'll be leaving me for eight months on a boat?"

You decided to enlist in the Navy when you got out of high school. "Then after that, I'll be back, " you say trying to lift his spirits.

Thor is trying his sad puppy dog eyes and you groan. "Oh, don't do that to me. I have to, but I'll be back and you can just fly past my ship, "

"That is all the way on the other side if the country, " Thor says and you frown, "You have traveled to Realms and you're saying to can't travel across the country to see me, " you tease and Thor smiles and pulls you close.

"Okay, I'll miss you, " he says and lays down, so you're on top of him. "I'll miss you too, it'll go by quickly, " you say and kiss him.

NATASHA

She wasn't too surprised when you said that you enlisted in the Marines. You were a very good SHIELD Agent and an even better Avenger. But, she was still very sad about your deployment.

"Iraq is pretty boring, love, " she tried to persuade you out of it, "You did volunteer for this. You should be able to get out of this, "

You chuckle and turn to her, wrapping your strong arms around her waist. "I'll be back before you even know it, " you say with a smile, trying to lift her spirits.

"But-" you cut her off, "No buts! I'll be back in just six months, "

She frowns and rests her forehead on your collarbone. You kiss her bright strawberry red hair.

"I have to go, I love you, " you say and she looks back up, biting her lip to fight away tears. "I love you too, " she says and kisses you.

You pull away at your name being called. "I'll see you later, " you say and she nods in farewell, as you walk away.

BUCKY

He was actually quite pissed. Him being a World War II Veteran, he knew what war could do to a person. He knew that horror and he did not want you to be a part of that.

You were deploying to Afghanistan for one year. You enlisted in the Army five years ago and this is what you had to do.

It hurt to leave Bucky, but there was no other choice. Bucky drove you to the airport and escorted you to your gate.

When you set down your carry-on he immediately embraced you. Gripping your hips close to his, drawing circles on your back with his index finger, burying his face in the crook of your neck.

You smiled as you thread your fingers through dark brown hair. Your features grow sad as you hear your partner sniffle.

"Aw, baby, I'll be back before you know it, " you say as you rub his back.

"A year is a long time, Doll, " Bucky chokes, "I'll try to get a break or even come home early, " you say and pull away to wipe the salty tears flowing down his cheek.

He nods and leans his forehead on yours. "Give me a kiss, I have to go soon, " you say and he doesn't waste a second to close the gap between you two.

"Fuck I love you, " he mutters against your lips, "I love you too, " you say back with a small voice crack.

"I don't wanna leave you, " you say as tears well up and spill down. Bucky holds you even closer and you hear your gate being called on.

You pull away with a shiver and Bucky wipes your rosy cheeks.

"See you later, " Bucky says and you nod, "See you later, " you say back.

And with one last kiss, you two make a depart.