Knock Knock ~ Natasha Romanoff

Prompt- Fem!Reader x Natasha Romanoff: You and Nat have a daughter, and then Endgame happens...., but 5 years after Endgame, you get an unexpected visitor. RealNatRomanoff

Words- 4714

Warnings- I guess lesbian/bi action, language, sadnessssssss

~~~~~~

You walk into Natasha crying while she finished her virtual meeting. You've noticed Natasha change a lot during the time after the Battle of Wakanda. She says that she is fine, but you see right past her. She is so broken and torn.

You frown as you exchange a look with Steve as you hold your daughter, Yelena (See what I did there?) in your arms. Still only a few years old, but you've had her for about two years when you adopted her from the orphanage here in the city.

"I would offer to cook you dinner, but you look pretty miserable anyway, " Steve jokes, breaking the tedious silence. Natasha looks over to you, Yelena, and Steve; she chuckles, "You here to do your laundry?" she asks as she smiles when she sees Yelena running towards her. 

"Hello there, Малыш, " she says and picks the little blonde toddler off her wobbly feet. "And see a friend, " Steve says as he sits down and you stand, slumped against the bookshelf.

"Well, your friend is fine, " she says and offers her PB and J sandwich to Yelena. "Liar, " you mutter and she glances to you with a frown. "Mama. Mama! We saw whales today!" Yelena exclaims, her words getting jumbled and slurred as she attempts to speak. "Really, where?" Natasha asks in her 'mommy' voice. "In the Hudson, " you say, "Really?" Natasha asks surprised.

"Fewer ships, clearer water, "Steve says with a nod and a smile.

"If you are about to tell me to look at the bright side. I'm gonna throw a PB and J sandwich at your guys' head, " Natasha says and Yelena giggles, "That's not very nice Mama, " she says and all Natasha can do is smile.

"Sorry, guess it's just habit, " Steve says, "You know, I keep telling people to move on . . . to grow. Some do. But not us, "

Natasha bites her lip and keeps her eyes trained on her daughter, she's trying to keep herself from breaking down. "If I move on, then who is gonna do this, " she says look around at the papers on her desk. "Maybe it doesn't need to be done, " you argue softly.

"I used to have nothing. But then I got this job, " her voice cracks slightly, "and this family; my wife, my kid. And I was better because of it. Even though some of my family is gone. I still want to be better, " 

"We both need to get lives, " Steve jokes playfully, "Speak for yourself, I got a family, "Natasha snaps back.

"Oh hi! This is Scott Lang! We met a few years ago! At the airport in Germany!"

~~~~~~

You sit down next to Natasha while your daughter played with LEGOS in the living room.

"Do you think we can really pull this off?" you ask her, talking about this time-travel plan Scott informed you about.

Natasha looked at you with an unsure look in her green eyes. "I don't know. But I'm-" she hesitates to speak, so you kiss her forehead; letting her take her time, "I'm here, you can talk to me, Natasha, " you say.

"I'm scared, " she whispers, "I can't lose you or Yelena. I was so damn lucky for you two to survive the Snap, but now? I don't know what I'd do without you guys, ". It comes out like word vomit, now she started everything that's been building out finally spills out like a broken dam. She whimpers and sniffles into your shoulder as you wrap your arms around her waist.